StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Requests...

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Help
View previous topic :: View next topic 
USA Trinity3777
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

aw

Member#: 124

Trinity3777 is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Trinity3777's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2003 5:51 pm   Post subject: Requests... Reply with quote

Why is it that if I request a song that has already been requested w/i the hour I can't request another song instead? I lose my privilege of requesting another song for an hour? I've been meaning to ask this for some time, and I'm sure it's already been answered, but i was curious Rolling Eyes
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)

Member#: 1

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Skype Name
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2003 7:20 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a bug in the request software. It will be fixed soon.

Please do not PM me. Use email, Feedback or Contact Us links.
joker-4
Cadet 2
Cadet 2

Member#: 2852

joker-4 is offline View user's profile Send private message joker-4's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 3:40 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you mean having the same song requested in one hour, or only having one request per hour - that's the problem I am having. I think that signed-in users should be bale to request more than 1 song an hour. I'm new here - is this something that's been brought up before?
USA Cocles
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 15

Cocles is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Cocles's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 4:06 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

This bug was resolved months ago. Go read the FAQ.
joker-4
Cadet 2
Cadet 2

joker-4 is offline View user's profile Send private message joker-4's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2003 10:22 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, but I did read the FAQ. it seems whatever service is being used to handle requests only permits one request per hour. I'm saying that a signed-in listener should be able to request more than one song every hour.
USA jk2silly VIP (subscribed member)
Commander
Commander

Member#: 30

jk2silly is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View jk2silly's Favorites
Skype Name
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2003 11:29 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I would "suggest" that you re-read the FAQs. The long and the short of it is that "We are guests on Jeric's site that he set up to listen to his music while he is at work. so therefore... he makes the rules and he has determined that users get 1 req per hour."

The message that you are getting (Song recently played) is due to the 72 hour rule (formerly known as the 48 hour rule). Jeric is mighty proud of all the tracks in his tiny empire and wants them all to have a chance at airtime and not just those few that you like.

Dig deep my newbie friend and find stuff that you are not familiar with or have not heard for many a moon gone by.

Should you ever loose a request though there are methods that you can take to get a request in.

1. If Jeric is on the chat board and paying attention, AND you ask real nice like, he might just put your request in the queue regardless of the "rules"

2. Ask on the chat boards if someone has a request that they are willing to donate.

3. Should the other methods fail then wait for the hour to pass and you will then be able to request again.

In the meantime... Sit back... Grab your drink... Get comfortable... and enjoy the music.
Cadet 2

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2003 12:25 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

hey jk2silly...
Thanks for the straightforward answer. That's all I asked for here.
USA Cocles
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 15

Cocles is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Cocles's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2003 6:04 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Jk, that wonderful post more than makes up for your rant in the Passion thread.
USA jk2silly VIP (subscribed member)
Commander
Commander

Member#: 30

jk2silly is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View jk2silly's Favorites
Skype Name
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 11:09 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Well thank you Mr. C. I do try to balance myself out with one that people like and one that is designed to come across as a raving lunatic. I don't get involved in the Soundtrack forum much so that is generally where I try to make trouble. Got you going I must say. Twisted Evil
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: