StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Parental Advisory
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Miscellaneous
View previous topic :: View next topic 
USA Obi-son
Captain
Captain

Member#: 211

Obi-son is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View Obi-son's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 7:51 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperado: Six Blade Knife
Sh*& word before the track plays from a cut of talking off the moive.
Commander

Member#: 11184

Asriana is offline View user's profile Send private message Asriana's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 9:24 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Matrix Revolutions - Saw Bitch Workhorse
Commodore

aw

Member#: 9

j2brown is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View j2brown's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 11:23 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think we're tackling track names/titles at the moment. That would significantly increase the workload I suspect. JERICs call, of course.

jeff
sdg
USA Twopop VIP (subscribed member)
Rear Admiral (Ambassador)
Rear Admiral (Ambassador)

Member#: 7382

Twopop is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Twopop's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 12:48 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Most are done but not online yet.
Asriana
Commander
Commander

Member#: 11184

Asriana is offline View user's profile Send private message Asriana's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 4:40 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

j2brown wrote:
I don't think we're tackling track names/titles at the moment. That would significantly increase the workload I suspect. JERICs call, of course.

jeff
sdg

No big rush, I just figured it should be noted on the parental advisory. My little one is starting to learn how to read and I'd hate for her to see that, but it's usually played during the day while I'm at work.
Commodore

aw

Member#: 9

j2brown is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View j2brown's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 9:07 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Twopop wrote:
Most are done but not online yet.

Although I help out a bit in the forums, I'm first and foremost a fan/member here. It's in that capacity I'd like to say:

Thanks for taking on this task. I, and I'm sure many others, appreciate SST even more because of things like this. It would have been much easier to leave the tracks as they were, so this effort is particularly significant in light of all the other work that goes into the site/community.

jeff
sdg
USA Obi-son
Captain
Captain

Obi-son is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View Obi-son's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 11:50 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

ah from Chicago: Class alot of swearing in it.
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)

Member#: 1

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Skype Name
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 9:11 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

The following soundtracks will be fixed along with September's update (today):

Desperado
Memento
Purple Rain
Serial Mom
Team America
Devil's Advocate

Please do not PM me. Use email, Feedback or Contact Us links.
Xarann
Cadet 1
Cadet 1

Member#: 15854

Xarann is offline View user's profile Send private message Xarann's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 1:15 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Well i know it is kind of rude to barge in and give my opinion, but i've been a longtime listener of Streaming Soundtracks (i found it thru the shoutcast list on there website) and until recently didn't even know about the website and the request system.

I'm all for family friendly. Children shouldn't hear certain things if there parents decide it's innapropriate for them.

And as such, for regular (non-online) radio stations, they have no choice but to censor.

But this is the internet, and the technology available is much superior to simple airwaves broadcasting.

You people are obviously very capable coders, i've never seen any stream as featured as yours.

So my suggestion is, for the few tracks that contain offensive material, keep 2 versions.
I assume it is a minority of people, an important one, that requires family-censoring. Have them get there own stream, wich is coded to switch to the "clean" version on offensive tracks, while remaining on the "as the artist intended" track for the other, regular streams.

To me, this just seems to make more sence, and everyone wins.

To finish my point, i simply think it is a shame to impose a censor on everyone, when this is a station on the bleeding-edge of broadcasting technology, and offering a choice is very much a possibility.
USA Obi-son
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:18 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Layer cake: Aria. First part of this had a cut from the film and someone talking about S&^t.
Captain

Member#: 7505
Location: Deep in the heart of Texas, formerly from the Heart of Dixie

thuringwethil is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View thuringwethil's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger Skype Name
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 11:47 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Xarann wrote:

And as such, for regular (non-online) radio stations, they have no choice but to censor.

But this is the internet, and the technology available is much superior to simple airwaves broadcasting.

and kids are on the internet, I'd hate to have to block sst coming in to my house b/c I have to sit and babysit music coming in from a movie soundtrack station. Also what does the technology available to 'superior' airwaves over simple have to do with censorship? I don't see a connection there, other then the superioriority makes it easier to remove the language w/o affecting the song as opposed to putting a big bleep in it on the 'simple' airwaves.

The way you've stated your 'facts' makes it sound as those of us who want the 'few' words removed are simple and less technologically advanced.

Quote:
So my suggestion is, for the few tracks that contain offensive material, keep 2 versions.
I assume it is a minority of people, an important one, that requires family-censoring. Have them get there own stream, wich is coded to switch to the "clean" version on offensive tracks, while remaining on the "as the artist intended" track for the other, regular streams.

That seems like a huge amount of work for just a 'few tracks'

Quote:
To finish my point, i simply think it is a shame to impose a censor on everyone, when this is a station on the bleeding-edge of broadcasting technology, and offering a choice is very much a possibility.

what does broadcasting technology have to do with censorship? This station is cited as a family friendly one. If you have the 'need' to hear the foul language, buy the soundtrack.

If you had put any type of logical explainations and conclusions here you might have a valid point.

It's not a public station, it's owned by Jeric and he makes the rules. I have satelite radio in my car, there are certain stations I don't listen to when kids are in the car and ones I do when they are not.

It works on the same principle. This is one of those stations that is family friendly, or at least PG.
Commander

Member#: 4924

zirael is offline View user's profile Send private message View zirael's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 12:33 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Xarann wrote:

Xarann, thanks for sharing your suggestion - I liked the idea since current technology makes it possible, but I agree with Thur that the cost to maintain an additional stream and the time to set it up probably isn't worth it for just a few tracks. I hope this doesn't dissuade you from offering other ideas for improving the station in the future, since other listener suggestions have been implemented.
France Alchemist VIP (subscribed member)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

Member#: 4272

Alchemist is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View Alchemist's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 5:20 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

About Schmidt - Rolfe Kent - Ndugu Letter : a 5 mn speech (with background music). Some dirty words.
Lieutenant

Member#: 11136

stefan_nl is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View stefan_nl's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 6:03 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

JERIC wrote:
The following soundtracks will be fixed along with September's update (today):
Serial Mom

Was this album unfixed with the building of and uploading to the new server?
The track "Morning Suite (I'll Get You Pussyface!)" (still) has some f-words at the end.
Captain
Captain

Member#: 16007

alien_avatar is offline View user's profile Send private message View alien_avatar's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 6:18 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

stefan_nl wrote:
The track "Morning Suite (I'll Get You Pussyface!)" (still) has some f-words at the end.

Ohhhh... and I missed it... LaughingWink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Miscellaneous All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 5 of 9

Jump to: