StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Georges Delerue Official Site

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Soundtracks
View previous topic :: View next topic 
Diane26
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 12750

Diane26 is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Diane26's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 11:23 pm   Post subject: Georges Delerue Official Site Reply with quote

We just received a press release for Delerue's official site, personally signed by the always charming Mrs. Delerue, Colette.

The outcome of this long in development project is a fantastic work. The Flash site, created by Colette and Pascal Dupont, is filled with moving and informative essays and recollections as well as incredible photographs of the maestro, from his childhood to his final works.

I thought it would be cool for all of you to join in the celebration by visiting this site, the ultimate tribute to one of the screen's most enduring, talented and passionate composers.

Way before I had anything to do with film music, I had my cheeks pinched by this fabulous man. Being 6 years old back then, I didn't know anything about him, other than the fact that my mother knew him well and revered his music, applauded when his name appeared in the credits of some movie, and constantly listened to his LP's, that I had the fortune of inherit from her.

She kept a signed Delerue photograph in our living room, one of her treasures, and his name was frequently mentioned and synoymous with true emotion. Even if film music was not something I was particularly interested in my childhood, I grew up surrounded by his sound, his lyrical sensibility, and I learned to love him. Now, whenever I listen to any of his works, I remember my mother and I think of home, and that is a thought I personally love: Delerue sounds just like home.

Thank you, Georges.

http://www.georges-delerue.com

"A Puritan is a person who is deathly afraid that someone, somewhere, is having a good time."
-- H.L. Mencken
USA zirael
Commander
Commander

Member#: 4924

zirael is offline View user's profile Send private message View zirael's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 11:22 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a beautiful website dedicated to one of my favorite composers, although the little scrollbars took a bit of hand-eye coordination to manage.

Thanks for sharing this link and the lovely memories from your childhood!
USA JERIC VIP (subscribed member)
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)

Member#: 1

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Skype Name
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 1:40 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Diane. I hope you can find the time to add the resource officially to SST here:
http://www.streamingsoundtracks.com/modules.php?name=Web_Links&l_op=AddLink

Please do not PM me. Use email, Feedback or Contact Us links.
Diane26
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 12750

Diane26 is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Diane26's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 12:33 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

My pleasure, Jeric. Smile

"A Puritan is a person who is deathly afraid that someone, somewhere, is having a good time."
-- H.L. Mencken
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Soundtracks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: