StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Transformers Update
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Entertainment
View previous topic :: View next topic 
Nate
Captain
Captain

aw

Member#: 8729

Nate is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Nate's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 3:53 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a link to some pics that qwerty posted in chat from a friend that is working with the project.

Enjoy!
Canada TreeBob
Commander
Commander

Member#: 5527

TreeBob is offline View user's profile Send private message TreeBob's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 9:06 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Some really nice pics there. I really like the optimus, skorpinok, and blackout ones the best.
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 13799

TheSnowLeopard is offline View user's profile Send private message TheSnowLeopard's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 9:46 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Found this...

Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 12520

the_lake_effect is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View the_lake_effect's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 2:56 am   Post subject: Optimus Prime is saving us humans in yet another way. Reply with quote

It's all pretty upsetting, and I remain cynical and jaded. Yes, I know I'm cynical and jaded about everything, but about this in particular. The new Transformers series, with their cookie-cutter childish askew translated-from-Japanese dialogue was just too much. I can accept growing up and not needing Transformers anymore, but does it really need to be dumbed down and made unrecognizable? How many other franchises have managed to survive the decades, been tweaked in some form or other, and still be digestible to the older fans? Why did people even bother to watch Batman Begins? If you can answer that question, then the mystery of why people are miffed about these changes to Transformers is a little closer to being solved.

In the meantime, this is something that really cheered me up. I'd probably be happier if someone made a feature length film in this style:
Courtesy of Robot Chicken

Stories are for children, skyscrapers, and anyone wishing to reach for the stars.

The truthiness shall set you free.
Canada TreeBob
Commander
Commander

Member#: 5527

TreeBob is offline View user's profile Send private message TreeBob's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 6:45 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

The comic is exactly how I feel about all you cynical knobs!

Also! Great link lake...it was dang funny. Smile
Captain

Member#: 211

Obi-son is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View Obi-son's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 3:24 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Well for one thing they want to keep everything hush, hush so it'll be more "WOW" when you go to see it at the theather, but i'm just not sold on the direction they are taking it. So i'm going to pound some sand to make me feel better;)
Commodore

aw

Member#: 15

Cocles is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Cocles's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 5:48 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I was asked by Obi-Son to comment on Darth's large post a page back. It's been a few weeks, but meh... so what.

The Transformers are icons. So what the hell is an icon? Icons are elements, whether it be a character location, whatever that the audience already knows.

There was a quote once where a man said he was like John F. Kennedy. Another man in the room stood up and said, "Sir, I knew John F. Kennedy, and you are no John F. Kennedy."

The same goes for our fictional icons. We know Superman, we know Batman, we know Optimus Prime. And we know when, you sir are no Batman!

Generation X and the Baby Boomers have a huge problem with understanding Generation Y. Generation X and the Baby Boomers are famous for saying things like "Comic Books? Those are for kids! Video Games? Those are for kids! Batman? Batman's for Kids!" Where as the GenX'rs and Baby Boomers acquire new likes and hobbies as they grow older, Generation Y tends to keep the same ones they've had since youth and update them for their age group as they grow older.

Why are there no video games for 60 year olds? Because Generation Y hasn't gotten there yet. This whole "retrofitting" of one's tastes is what the GenX'rs and Baby Boomers have such a tough time wrapping their minds around. As far as they're concerned Batman is for kids, and will always be for kids. Batman for adults? What are you talking about? This is why you end up with movies like "Batman and Robin" being made followed by the executives and film makers wondering why no one in the 13-35 demographic liked it.

And thus we have movies like "Transformers" where the executives and filmmakers are desperately trying to emulate the, "make it cool for how old we are now" process that Generation Y does without even thinking about it.

Like I said, the Transformers are icons. We, as Generation Y, all know what Optimus Prime is like, and we will all know if they get it wrong. A lot of us also, almost intuitively, know what you can and can't change right off the top of our heads. He needs the voice. He needs to be a badass truck, and like a truck, he needs to have a truck-like juggernaut vibe about him in robot form.

Will they get it right? I don't know. I'll hold my judgment until I see the movie. We all might sit down, expecting it to be awful, only to look at that high tech new robot and realize that deep down that things still has the spark of Optimus Prime. (Two points if you caught the spark reference. Wink )

I will admit I'm not crazy about the flames, or Bumblebee being a Camaro (and I love Camaro's). The transformers (especially the Autobots) transform to blend in. (Yes, yes there are exceptions, the Dinobots, etc.) Anyways, my point is that the flames seem to contradict the whole point of transforming in the first place. Bumblebee? He's got the stereotypical personality of a Volkswagen driver (note that I said stereotypical) and that's what he should transform into. Bumblebee is a VW Bug. I could live with a Jetta, or whatever, but Darth is right. The Camaro doesn't fit Bumblebee's persona. They should have had Jazz turn into a Camaro, that'd be fine. Whether or not we'll be able to look over this when the movie comes out, I don't know. We'll just have to wait and see. Wink

Moving on to the end of Darth's post, he states, "It is very evident that Hollywood lacks creativity and original ideas. Hense forth the inevitable slew of comic book, novel, toy line, and old television show to movie remakes that have recently been bombarding the public."

This is the battle cry of Hollywood critics everywhere, who try to sound "in the know" when all they are, whether they like it or not, is an outsider looking in.

There is huge creativity in Hollywood. There are countless original ideas. This is not the problem. What paralyzes Hollywood today is the fear of losing one's job. "You made a flop!? You're out of here!" Where as the executives of the past had bosses who understood the wild whacky world of Hollywood, too many of the owners today think that Hollywood should be able to spit out consistent product the way a factory does, and when it doesn't, they get mad. The only defense the executives have is to avoid accountability. And how do you avoid accountability? Remakes... formulas. Tried, true, and tested ways of making a "good" movie. This way, when the movie flops, the executive can say, "But it made a fortune in the 60's! And we updated it for the audience of today!" Or, "That formula worked in this, this, and this movie. I have no idea why it didn't work in this one!"

The remakes and formulas give the executives an excuse to keep their jobs. The fact is, the only reason they don't make more original product is because they're scared. There's too much at stake for them, too much hell to be paid by them, if they take a risk and fail.

Fortunately, slowly but surely the owners are getting it.
USA Obi-son
Captain
Captain

Obi-son is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View Obi-son's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 6:41 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Thx m8 for your thoughts. I'm waiting for what the movie will show also even tho somethings i think WTF are they doing is odd.
Commodore

aw

Member#: 9

j2brown is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View j2brown's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 9:01 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

http://blogs.usatoday.com/popcandy/2006/09/a_chat_with_pet.html

jeff
sdg
USA thuringwethil
Captain
Captain

Member#: 7505
Location: Deep in the heart of Texas, formerly from the Heart of Dixie

thuringwethil is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View thuringwethil's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger Skype Name
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 10:39 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice C.

Speaking as a gen x'er - I do like batman, etc. But then I like a lot of things ppl my age don't seem to.

But transformers was after my time. And that's all I'll say Razz
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 10:57 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump new trailer is out. You have to down load a player before watching it. Here
Captain

Member#: 10281

LadyInque is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View LadyInque's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 11:08 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Better versions of the trailer will appear. But here is one where you don't need to download anything. At least, I didn't.
http://www.aintitcool.com/node/31033
USA Obi-son
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 1:10 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

there has been a change on the new teaser trailer.
Here is the link to the office site. Click
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

Member#: 4272

Alchemist is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View Alchemist's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 4:29 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, a french trailer... Nice Smile
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 12:35 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

WTF? ok they get Peter Cullen to voice Prime because Peter is Prime and no other. Frank Welker voiced Megs along side Peter in the cartoon. So Welker's voice = Megatron. Well they give the role to Hugo weaving as Megs. Now activision signs Peter & Frank to voice Prime & Megs in the game version. What a slap to the fans. At lease Activision got it right.

Thx Hollywood for screwing up again. Rolling Eyes
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: