StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

WE GOT SNAKES!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Entertainment
View previous topic :: View next topic 
USA Lieserl
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

aw

Member#: 9262

Lieserl is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View Lieserl's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 2:54 am   Post subject: WE GOT SNAKES! Reply with quote

SNAKES ON A PLANE!

i just saw it, yes for the internet hype and the Sam Jackson foul-mouthed one-liners. I have a soft spot for movies that dont take themselves seriously.

Curious what you guys think of its ridiculousness/hype/reviews.

Wink~

<a href="https://twitter.com/TiffanyTurrill">Twitter</a>

Canada TreeBob
Commander
Commander

Member#: 5527

TreeBob is offline View user's profile Send private message TreeBob's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 6:02 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

So are you saying it is good? I like movies that KNOW they are ridiculous, is this one of them?
Commander

Member#: 11184

Asriana is offline View user's profile Send private message Asriana's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 6:51 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I wrote my movie review in here. Sorry Lies, I just didn't care for it. There was WAY too much cheese in that movie. It would've been fine as a made for TV movie, but it was not worth the $8.75/ticket.
http://www.streamingsoundtracks.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=3291&start=75
Commodore

aw

Member#: 9

j2brown is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View j2brown's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 7:14 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

$8.75? Luxury!

jeff
sdg
USA zirael
Commander
Commander

Member#: 4924

zirael is offline View user's profile Send private message View zirael's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 11:02 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I probably wouldn't have paid to see this, but my boyfriend had some free movie tickets. It was a silly, fun action/comedy flick with B-movie roots that was paced well. There was an unnecessary t0ples$ shot but the film wasn't horribly gruesome since the snake violence was obviously CGI and campy. I think I only jumped back once when a snake attacked. However, the snakes bit the worst parts you can imagine them biting! You could hear the collective groans and laughs from the audience then.

I was kind of impressed that Samuel L. Jackson and Julianna Margulies grounded this film and brought some dramatic intensity because without them it could have been much, much worse. It was cool there were two black heroes in a major studio film (how rare is that?), and the heroic moments were pretty evenly distributed among the passengers and flight crew. The film wrapped up quickly after the landing without resolving the whole witness for the prosecution thing but it wasn't really necessary.

If you're looking for dumb laughs, this is great to see with an evening crowd at the theater. Otherwise, you can just catch it on DVD.
USA Lieserl
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

aw

Lieserl is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View Lieserl's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 11:30 am   Post subject: .... Reply with quote

lol.

yes it's a bad movie, and we mustnt speak of dramatic acting in this movie. it's violent, its got unnecessary nudity, it's a badly made movie, but everyone knew that going in. it's a movie for 15-year-old boys.

i actually wanted more violence, and more samuel jackson one liners with the f-bomb as every other word, and that was my only "critique".

so there you go.

Cool~

Asriana
Commander
Commander

Asriana is offline View user's profile Send private message Asriana's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 12:47 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

lol.. did you know they added the nude scene after the movie was done?? Typical Hollywood Rolling Eyes
Commodore

aw

Member#: 9

j2brown is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View j2brown's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 1:37 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

They did that for some of SLJs lines too, I believe, Asri.

jeff
sdg
USA Lieserl
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

aw

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:31 pm   Post subject: .... Reply with quote

yeah.

the movie was a huge internet sensation even before filming was done. someone ediited bits of Jackson's prior movies to make "the line":

"that's IT! i've had it with these ************* snakes on this ************* plane!!!"

and the internet fad kicked off.

originally "Snakes on a Plane" was just a working title, they were going to rename the movie, "Pacific Flight 121" or something lame. Samuel L. Jackson refused to sign on for the movie unless they kept the name, and has said that that's why he agreed to the project in the first place: the title.

What was great about this whole thing was that the producers picked up on the online hype (someone must have shown them ytmnd Cool), and although the film had wrapped up filming, a few days of extra shooting were done to give the movie an R rating, and to live up to the fans' demands for more campy B-movie violence, profanity and nudity, including "the line" itself.

so there you go. Cool

Asriana
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 7:16 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

My Dad emailed me this.. gotta love kids Rolling Eyes

PHOENIX (Reuters) - Life imitating art is all very well. Unless, that is, it's a movie about deadly snakes on the rampage.
Movie chain AMC Entertainment Inc. said pranksters at one of its Phoenix theaters released two live diamondback rattlesnakes during a showing of the film "Snakes on a Plane" last Friday. No one was injured.
AMC spokeswoman Melanie Bell said, "One was found in the parking lot during the show, and the other in the movie theater. They were both removed, and no one was harmed."
The snakes were later released in the desert.
Bell had no further details.
The movie stars Samuel L. Jackson, and spins a yarn about a crate-load of escaped snakes that run amok on an airline flight, attacking passengers and crew.
"There were kids at the show, and it was actually very reckless," Russ Johnson, the president of the Phoenix Herpetological Society told Reuters.
"The snakes' bite carries a powerful venom that could have seriously injured someone," he added.
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 5692

Albi is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View Albi's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 8:44 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Asriana wrote:
My Dad emailed me this.. gotta love kids Rolling Eyes

PHOENIX (Reuters) - Life imitating art is all very well. Unless, that is, it's a movie about deadly snakes on the rampage.
Movie chain AMC Entertainment Inc. said pranksters at one of its Phoenix theaters released two live diamondback rattlesnakes during a showing of the film "Snakes on a Plane" last Friday. No one was injured.
AMC spokeswoman Melanie Bell said, "One was found in the parking lot during the show, and the other in the movie theater. They were both removed, and no one was harmed."
The snakes were later released in the desert.
Bell had no further details.
The movie stars Samuel L. Jackson, and spins a yarn about a crate-load of escaped snakes that run amok on an airline flight, attacking passengers and crew.
"There were kids at the show, and it was actually very reckless," Russ Johnson, the president of the Phoenix Herpetological Society told Reuters.
"The snakes' bite carries a powerful venom that could have seriously injured someone," he added.

mr. Jackson wrote:
that's IT! i've had it with these ************* snakes in this ************* theater!!!
Netherlands stefan_nl
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 11136

stefan_nl is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View stefan_nl's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 8:55 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Albi Laughing
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 10:10 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

ROFL Laughing
Commodore

Member#: 10213

Cinder is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Cinder's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 4:12 pm   Post subject: Personal call Reply with quote

Yes, Samual L Jackson called me!!!!
Ok it was a recording, but he called just the same. I answered so did not have recorder going. Just told me about the movie and how he loved it. How much fun it was to make.
No one took responsibility for it. Ok my last name is the same as his, so I am thinking someone took the time to go through the phone book somewhere, and found us and just gave us a call..
It was a hoot!

My claim to fame!
Lieutenant

Member#: 11136

stefan_nl is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View stefan_nl's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 4:27 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Cinder wrote:
Yes, Samual L Jackson called me!!!!

Was it like a call from this site?

Btw, you can try it and listen to the final text before sending it to anybody.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Entertainment All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: