StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

LOST - What will happen in season 3 (Contains spoilers)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Entertainment
View previous topic :: View next topic 
Netherlands stefan_nl
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 11136

stefan_nl is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View stefan_nl's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 8:53 am   Post subject: LOST - What will happen in season 3 (Contains spoilers) Reply with quote

I am curious to your thoughts about what will happen in the first few episodes of season 3 of LOST.

This thread may contain a very large amount of spoilers for season 2.

For readers who haven't seen the final episode of season 2 yet I will put my next comments in spoiler tags.

First a recap of the last episode of season 2.
Spoiler:

Kate, Jack and Sawyer are captured by the others.

Michael and Walt are on a boat and are leaving the island (anyone expected an explosion?)

Sayid, Sun and Jin were on Desmonds boat following Jack, Kate, Sawyer, Michael and Hurly by sea.
Sayid discovered the hatch of the others (the one Michael saw when he was captured) was fake.

Locke, Desmond and Eko were in the hatch when Desmond turned the key of the failsafe mechanism and the sky went white with a strange sound.

Charlie having escaped the hatch (in time?) arrives at the beach with the other survivors of the crash.

Two men in a snowy area working for Penelope notice something and report to her that they found it (the boat?).

My predictions for season 3
Spoiler:

The failsafe mechanism obviously disabled the magnetic system. I think the white sky and the strange sound was caused by an explosion in which Locke, Desmond and Eko died.

Jack, Kate and Sawyer will free themselves from the others, maybe with the help of Danielle's daughter and Sayid, Sun and Jin. And with the map Locke drew they will find the other hatches and the big question mark.

The two men in the snowy area were looking for the boat, which must have been given a sort of homing device. Due to the kind of magnetic field this device wasn't visible.
Now a rescue mission will be on its way to find and return the boat. The people on the island will also be found eventually.

Commander
Commander

Member#: 5527

TreeBob is offline View user's profile Send private message TreeBob's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 5:19 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting guesses Smile
Read this, I think it is funny!

http://blogs.nbc.com/office/entry_20.html
Lieutenant

stefan_nl is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View stefan_nl's Favorites
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 1:46 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

TreeBob wrote:
Read this, I think it is funny!

http://blogs.nbc.com/office/entry_20.html

Thanks for the laugh. Laughing
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 13799

TheSnowLeopard is offline View user's profile Send private message TheSnowLeopard's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 9:17 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

The final episode of Season 2 aired in Australia last night.

I really liked it, particularly the way theySpoiler:
tied up Desmond's past story and Locke's present story to the point where they both met at the beginning of Season 2, leading to the climactic "white explosion". I thought that was clever. The excitement flagged a bit after that, but it was never less than intriguing.

Lost can be slow at times plot-wise, and there are a couple of characters I would like to see leave 'survivor-style', but generally it remains a fun show.

Now I have to wait another 6 months to see what happen's next. Sad
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 3:16 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

TheSnowLeopard wrote:
I really liked it, particularly the way they Spoiler:
tied up Desmond's past story and Locke's present story to the point where they both met at the beginning of Season 2...

They did a good job there indeed. Was also nice to refresh the memory of earlier episodes again.

TheSnowLeopard wrote:
...there are a couple of characters I would like to see leave 'survivor-style'...

Like who and why?

TheSnowLeopard wrote:
Now I have to wait another 6 months to see what happen's next. Sad

I guess that's enough time to think about what you think will happen.
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 13799

TheSnowLeopard is offline View user's profile Send private message TheSnowLeopard's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 12:43 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

stefan_nl wrote:
Like who and why?

Charlie and Claire. Let's just say I would like to see them rescued first. Razz

I think Dominic Monaghan is all wrong for the character of Charlie. I just don't buy him as this ex-rock star/drug addict. I found his back story to be the least convincing.

As for Claire, well I don't rate Emilie De Ravin as much of an actress.

My favourite characters are Sawyer (My favourite episode of Season 2, apart from the finale, was "The Long Con", that featured his back story) and Locke (I can't believe this is the same guy who was in The Stepfather - excellent movie btw - boy, has he changed). I love the way Sawyer keeps calling Kate "freckles".

stefan_nl wrote:
I guess that's enough time to think about what you think will happen.

Yeah, though I will be scrupulous about avoiding any speculation about Season 3. I like to go in with no expectations. I think Season 3 starts in the US in early October 2006. It will start in Australia in early February 2007.
Commodore

Member#: 10213

Cinder is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Cinder's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 8:07 pm   Post subject: From my local newspaper today, 8-17-06 Reply with quote

Those theories about ‘Lost’? Forget ’em

ELLEN GRAY; Philadelphia Daily News
Published: August 17th, 2006 01:00 AM

If you’d planned on spending the dog days of August working on your “Lost” theory – the one that explains everything from the polar bear to those parka-clad guys in last season’s finale – maybe it’s time you abandoned the quest and hit the beach instead.
Because there is no one explanation for what’s gone on in the first two seasons of ABC’s “Lost.”

At least not according to executive producer Carlton Cuse.

“We hate to debunk” anyone’s theory, Cuse said – though he and fellow show-runner Damon Lindelof have dismissed a few, including the one that posits that the characters on “Lost” are in some kind of purgatory.

And no, it’s not that writers are keeping their options open, hoping to skim off viewers’ best ideas when the time comes for the big reveal.

“I wish it was that easy. That would be great if we could actually do it,” Cuse said.

“I think that the mistake that most of the people who theorize about the show make is trying to come up with a very simple, you know, unifying theory,” he said.

So while the writers have explanations for everything that’s gone on in “Lost” so far – and script coordinator Gregg Nations keeps track of the documentation – “it doesn’t reduce down to a single, simple sentence,” Cuse said.

But if there’s more than one theory at work on the island, doesn’t that mean coincidence – that shaky crutch too often employed in TV drama – is a factor?

Not necessarily, insisted Cuse.

“There are theories in physics … that govern small particles, and there are Newtonian theories that govern gravitational fields for larger objects. Those two co-exist. They aren’t unified into a single theory, but the connection between them is not coincidental,” he said.

(Useful tip: Talking about Isaac Newton is the No. 1 way to shut up a reporter who passed high school physics only by writing a paper about the relationship between science and government.)

Fortunately, Cuse had less-complicated things to say about “Lost” and about Season 3, which launches Oct. 4.

“The show’s going to be about our characters’ interaction with the Others. It’s going to be more of an action-adventure year, more romance. We’d hoped to get romance last year, but the story didn’t really get us there. We didn’t get as far as we wanted in that regard,” he said.

“It’s going to be more character-oriented, less mythologically oriented. You know, last year was sort of dark and intense and underground and in the hatch,” he said.

“Obviously, the other element that we introduced at the end of the season was that after 49 hours, we went off the island for the first time. And that was not a casual or coincidental or random choice,” he said.

“The introduction of the outside world as an element into the world of ‘Lost’ is also something new for Season 3.”

And because the strongest link to that world so far is Desmond (Henry Ian Cusick), you can expect to see Desmond again, too, and not just in flashbacks.

“It would be very stupid of us to kill Desmond,” Cuse said.

We’ll also – eventually – see Michael (Harold Perrineau) and Walt (Malcolm David Kelley) again, he said.

“We were interested in exploring what price you would pay to get your son back. The price that Michael paid was so extreme, it didn’t seem possible that he could remain a part of this society after what he had done,” Cuse said, noting that banishment goes back to the Greeks.

“He’s been banished from the island, and that to us represented sort of the necessary consequence of his action,” he said. “It doesn’t mean his story is over.”
Commander

TreeBob is offline View user's profile Send private message TreeBob's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 10:10 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, no spoilers there eh? That guy really came out and said it about Desmond.

Either way, I am excited! Cinder you may wish to edit and put up a spoiler tag on some of the article.
Cadet 3

Member#: 15503

Cathy_117 is offline View user's profile Send private message Cathy_117's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 10:28 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Well all I can do is wait for the season to start up again. I personally like all the actors for their parts. I also love how the characters are paired...like Spoiler:
Jack and Kate
and Spoiler:
Charlie and Claire
. And I can't wait to see what happened to those who were in the hatch.

I really hope Spoiler:
Locke
is ok. I like his character and his background information in the show.
Commodore

aw

Member#: 9

j2brown is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View j2brown's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 10:40 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

(Highlight the first spoiler to find out what the info is about, and the second for the juicy info.)

I've heard from reliable sources that:

Spoiler:

Highlight the next one to find out about who may have survived from the hatch:

Spoiler:

Desmond survives

and

Spoiler:

Highlight the next on to find out about relationships

Spoiler:

Kate makes a choice between Jack and Sawyer

jeff
sdg
Cathy_117
Cadet 3
Cadet 3

Member#: 15503

Cathy_117 is offline View user's profile Send private message Cathy_117's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 10:44 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Really? How did you find all of this out??

I can't believe Spoiler:
Desmond might survive.

But I do hope that Spoiler:
Kate chooses Jack over Sawyer. They have a lot more chemistry.

Commander

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 6:11 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Could he have found his information from Cinders post! Shocked

Spoiler:
Locke can't be dead. I only say this because we still don't know how he became paralized.

Commodore

aw

Member#: 9

j2brown is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View j2brown's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 7:13 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually forgot that Cinder had mentioned that, Tree. I do feel a bit silly now, though.

I agree with your theory as well.

jeff
sdg
USSR the_lake_effect
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 12520

the_lake_effect is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View the_lake_effect's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 8:55 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

The scariest part of Lost was when Conan O'Brien washed up ashore...

*avoids reading spoilers like a case of The Others* Smile

Stories are for children, skyscrapers, and anyone wishing to reach for the stars.

The truthiness shall set you free.
Netherlands stefan_nl
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 1:34 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

the_lake_effect wrote:
The scariest part of Lost was when Conan O'Brien washed up ashore...

ROTFLMAO
I must have missed that scene. Wink

TreeBob wrote:
Spoiler:
Locke can't be dead. I only say this because we still don't know how he became paralized.

That's a good point.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Entertainment All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: