StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Favorite colaboration between a Composer and Director

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Soundtracks
View previous topic :: View next topic 

Who are your favorite colaborations?
John Williams/ Steven Speilberg
50%
 50%  [ 7 ]
James Horner/ Ron Howard
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Danny Elfman/ Tim Burton
14%
 14%  [ 2 ]
James Newton Howard/ M. Night Shyamalan
28%
 28%  [ 4 ]
Alan Silvestri/ Robert Zemeckis
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
Carter Burwell/ Coen brothers
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Angelo Badalamenti/ David Lynch
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 14

USA tranzishun
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 2223

tranzishun is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View tranzishun's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 5:03 pm   Post subject: Favorite colaboration between a Composer and Director Reply with quote

tough one i know! what do you all think?????
Nate
Captain
Captain

aw

Member#: 8729

Nate is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Nate's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 5:07 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

ooooh, that is a tough one for me and I got it narrowed down to either John Williams/Steven Spielberg or James Newton Howard/M Night. I think at this point though, I would go with JNH/M Night as I am infatuated with the Village and LitW scores currently. So for now that is my vote, but could always change tomorrow Laughing !
Australia TheSnowLeopard
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 13799

TheSnowLeopard is offline View user's profile Send private message TheSnowLeopard's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 1:15 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, tranz! Nice topic.

I was doing some research on that same subject. There are many director/composer collaborations to choose from:

SPIKE LEE/TERENCE BLANCHARD 1990 - 2006
Mo’ Better Blues, Jungle Fever, Malcolm X, Crooklyn, Clockers, Get On The Bus, Summer Of Sam, Bamboozled, 25th Hour, Inside Man

JAMES NEWTON HOWARD/M. NIGHT SHYAMALAN 1999 - 2006
The Sixth Sense, Unbreakable, Signs, The Village, Lady In The Water

JOHN WILLIAMS/STEVEN SPIELBERG 1974 - 2005
The Sugarland Express ,Jaws ,Close Encounters Of The Third Kind ,1941 ,Raiders Of The Lost Ark ,E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial ,Indiana Jones And The Temple Of Doom ,"Amazing Stories: Ghost Train" ,"Amazing Stories: The Mission" ,Empire Of The Sun ,Indiana Jones And The Last Crusade ,Always ,Hook ,Jurassic Park ,Schindler's List ,The Lost World: Jurassic Park ,Amistad ,Saving Private Ryan ,A.I. Artificial Intelligence ,Minority Report ,Catch Me If You Can , The Terminal, War Of The Worlds, Munich

TIM BURTON/DANNY ELFMAN 1985 - 2005
Pee-Wee’s Big Adventure, Beetlejuice, Batman, Edward Scissorhands, Batman Returns, The Nightmare Before Christmas, Mars Attacks!, Sleepy Hollow, Planet Of The Apes, Big Fish, Charlie And The Chocolate Factory, Corpse Bride

HOWARD SHORE/DAVID CRONENBERG 1979 - 2005
The Brood ,Scanners ,Videodrome ,The Fly ,Dead Ringers ,Naked Lunch ,M. Butterfly ,Crash ,Existenz ,Spider, A History Of Violence

RICHARD ROBBINS/JAMES IVORY 1979 - 2005
The Europeans ,Jane Austen In Manhattan ,Quartet ,Heat And Dust ,The Bostonians ,A Room With A View ,Maurice ,Slaves Of New York ,Mr. And Mrs. Bridge ,Howards End ,The Remains Of The Day ,Jefferson In Paris ,Surviving Picasso ,A Soldier's Daughter Never Cries ,The Golden Bowl ,Le Divorce, The White Countess

MARC SHAIMAN/ROB REINER 1989 - 2005
When Harry Met Sally ,Misery ,A Few Good Men ,North ,The American President ,Ghosts Of Mississippi ,The Story Of Us, Alex & Emma, Rumor Has It

GEORGE LUCAS/JOHN WILLIAMS 1977 - 2005
Star Wars 1, 2, 3, 4

COEN BROTHERS/CARTER BURWELL 1984 - 2004
Blood Simple, Raising Arizona, Miller’s Crossing, Barton Fink, The Hudsucker Proxy, Fargo, The Big Lebowski, O Brother, Where Art Thou?, The Man Who Wasn’t There, Intolerable Cruelty, The Ladykillers

ALAN SILVESTRI/ROBERT ZEMECKIS 1984 - 2004
Romancing The Stone ,Back To The Future ,"Amazing Stories: Go To The Head Of The Class" ,Who Framed Roger Rabbit ,"Tales From The Crypt: And All Through The House" ,Back To The Future, Part Ii ,Back To The Future, Part Iii ,"Tales From The Crypt: Yellow" ,Death Becomes Her ,Forrest Gump, "Tales From The Crypt: You, Murderer" ,Contact ,What Lies Beneath ,Cast Away, The Polar Express

JAMES HORNER/RON HOWARD 1985 - 2003
Cocoon ,Willow ,Apollo 13 ,Ransom ,How The Grinch Stole Christmas ,A Beautiful Mind, The Missing

HANS ZIMMER/RIDLEY SCOTT 1989 - 2003
Black Rain ,Thelma & Louise ,Gladiator ,Hannibal ,Black Hawk Down, Matchstick Me

JERRY GOLDSMITH/JOE DANTE 1983 - 2003
Twilight Zone: The Movie ,Gremlins ,Explorers ,"Amazing Stories: Boo" ,Innerspace ,The 'Burbs,Gremlins 2: The New Batch ,Matinee ,Small Soldiers, Looney Tunes: Back In Action

DAVID NEWMAN/DANNY DEVITO 1987 - 2002
Throw Momma From The Train ,The War Of The Roses ,Hoffa ,Matilda ,Death To Smoochy

LENNIE NIEHAUS/CLINT EASTWOOD 1985 - 2002
City Heat ,Pale Rider ,Heartbreak Ridge ,Bird ,White Hunter, Black Heart ,The Rookie ,Unforgiven ,A Perfect World ,The Bridges Of Madison County ,Absolute Power ,Midnight In The Garden Of Good And Evil ,True Crime ,Space Cowboys ,Blood Work

MYCHAEL DANNA/ATOM EGOYAN 1987 - 2002
Family Viewing ,Speaking Parts ,The Adjuster ,Exotica ,The Sweet Hereafter ,Feliciaís Journey, Ararat

LENNIE NIEHAUS/CLINT EASTWOOD 1985 - 2002
City Heat ,Pale Rider ,Heartbreak Ridge ,Bird ,White Hunter, Black Heart ,The Rookie ,Unforgiven ,A Perfect World ,The Bridges Of Madison County ,Absolute Power ,Midnight In The Garden Of Good And Evil ,True Crime ,Space Cowboys ,Blood Work

MYCHAEL DANNA/ATOM EGOYAN 1987 - 2002
Family Viewing ,Speaking Parts ,The Adjuster ,Exotica ,The Sweet Hereafter ,Feliciaís Journey, Ararat

MASON DARING/JOHN SAYLES 1980 - 2002
Return Of The Secaucus Seven ,Lianna ,Brother From Another Planet ,Matewan ,Eight Men Out, City Of Hope ,Passion Fish ,The Secret Of Roan Inish ,Lone Star ,Men With Guns ,Limbo ,Sunshine State, Silver City

JAMES NEWTON HOWARD/MICHAEL HOFFMAN 1987 - 2002
Promised Land ,Some Girls ,Restoration ,One Fine Day, The Emperor’s Club

ANGELO BADALAMENTI/DAVID LYNCH 1986 - 2001
Blue Velvet, Wild At Heart, "Twin Peaks", Twin Peaks Fire Walk With Me, Lost Highway, The Straight Story, Mulholland Drive

ENNIO MORRICONE/GUISEPPE TORNATORE 1989-2000
Cinema Paradiso ,Everybody's Fine ,A Pure Formality ,The Star Maker ,The Legend Of 1900, Malena

MARK ISHAM/ALAN RUDOLPH 1985 - 2000
Trouble In Mind ,Made In Heaven ,The Moderns ,Love At Large ,Mortal Thoughts ,Mrs. Parker And The Vicious Circle ,Afterglow ,Breakfast Of Champions ,Trixie

DAVE GRUSIN/SYDNEY POLLACK 1974 - 1999
The Yakuza ,3 Days Of The Condor ,Bobby Deerfield ,The Electric Horseman ,Absence Of Malice ,Tootsie ,Havana ,The Firm ,Random Hearts

ERIC SERRA/LUC BESSON 1983 - 1999
The Last War ,Subway ,The Big Blue ,La Femme Nikita ,Atlante ,The Professional ,The Fifth Element,The Messenger: The Story Of Joan Of Arc

ROBERT COBERT/DAN CURTIS 1971 - 1998
House Of Dark Shadows, Night Of Dark Shadows, "The Night Strangler" ,"The Norliss Tapes", "Scream Of The Wolf" ,"Dracula" ,"Melvin Purvis: G-Man" ,"The Great Ice Ripoff" ,"Trilogy Of Terror" ,"The Kansas City Massacre" ,Burnt Offerings ,"Curse Of The Black Widow" ,"The Last Ride Of The Dalton Gang" ,"Mrs. R's Daughter" ,"The Winds Of War" ,"War And Remembrance" ,"The Love Letter"

RY COODER/WALTER HILL 1980 - 1996
The Long Riders ,Southern Comfort ,Streets Of Fire ,Brewster's Millions ,Crossroads ,Johnny Handsome ,Trespass ,Geronimo: An American Legend ,Last Man Standing

THOMAS NEWMAN/JON AVNET 1991 - 1997
Fried Green Tomatoes ,The War ,Up Close & Personal ,Red Corner

MILES GOODMAN/FRANK OZ* 1986 - 1995
Little Shop Of Horrors ,Dirty Rotten Scoundrels ,What About Bob? ,Housesitter ,The Indian In The Cupboard [Rejected Score]

RACHEL PORTMAN/BEEBAN KIDRON 1990 - 1995
"Oranges Are Not The Only Fruit" ,Antonia & Jane ,Used People ,Great Moments In Aviation ,To Wong Foo, Thanks For Everything, Julie Newmar

ARTHUR B. RUBINSTEIN/JOHN BADHAM 1981 - 1995
Whose Life Is It Anyway? ,Blue Thunder ,Wargames ,Stakeout ,The Hard Way ,Another Stakeout,Nick Of Time

BILL CONTI/JOHN G. AVILDSEN 1976 - 1994
Rocky ,Slow Dancing In The Big City ,The Formula ,Neighbors ,The Karate Kid ,The Karate Kid Part Ii ,Happy New Year ,For Keeps ,Lean On Me ,The Karate Kid Part III, Rocky V ,8 Seconds

PHILIPPE SARDE/BERTRAND TAVERNIER 1974 - 1994
The Clockmaker ,The Judge And The Assassin ,Spoiled Children ,Coup De Torchon ,L.627 ,La Fille De D'artagnan

HENRY MANCINI/BLAKE EDWARDS* 1957 - 1993
Mister Cory ,High Time ,Breakfast At Tiffany's ,Experiment In Terror ,Days Of Wine And Roses ,The Pink Panther ,A Shot In The Dark ,The Great Race ,What Did You Do In The War, Daddy? ,Gunn ,The Party ,Darling Lili ,Return Of The Pink Panther ,The Pink Panther Strikes Again ,Revenge Of The Pink Panther ,10 ,S.O.B. ,Victor/Victoria ,Trail Of The Pink Panther ,Curse Of The Pink Panther ,The Man Who Loved Women ,A Fine Mess ,That's Life ,Blind Date ,Sunset ,"Justin Case" ,"Peter Gunn",Switch ,Son Of The Pink Panther

MICHAEL SMALL/ALAN J. PAKULA* 1971 - 1992
Klute ,Love And Pain And The Whole Damn Thing ,The Parallax View ,Comes A Horseman ,Rollover ,Dream Lover ,Orphans ,See You In The Morning ,Consenting Adults

JOHN MORRIS/MEL BROOKS 1968 - 1991
The Producers ,The Twelve Chairs ,Blazing Saddles ,Young Frankenstein ,Silent Movie ,High Anxiety ,History Of The World Part I ,Spaceballs ,Life Stinks

MICHAEL NYMAN/PETER GREENAWAY 1982 - 1991
The Draughtsman's Contract ,A Zed And Two Noughts ,Drowning By Numbers ,The Cook, The Thief, His Wife And Her Lover ,Prospero's Books

BASIL POLEDOURIS/JOHN MILIUS 1978 - 1991
Big Wednesday ,Conan The Barbarian ,Red Dawn ,Farwell To The King ,Flight Of The Intruder

GEORGES DELERUE/PHILIPPE DE BROCA* 1960 - 1988
Les Jeux De L'amour ,The Joker ,The Five Day Lover ,Cartouche ,That Man From Rio ,Male Companion ,Chinese Adventures In China ,King Of Hearts ,The Devil By The Tail ,Give Her The Moon ,Chere Louise ,Incorrigible ,Julie-Pot-De-Colle ,Dear Detective ,Le Cavaleur ,L'africain ,Chouans

BRUCE SMEATON/FRED SCHEPSI 1976 - 1988
The Devil's Playground ,The Chant Of Jimmie Blacksmith ,Barbarossa ,Iceman ,Plenty ,Roxanne ,A Cry In The Dark

ALEX NORTH/JOHN HUSTON* 1961 - 1987
The Misfits ,Wise Blood ,Under The Volcano ,Prizzi's Honor ,The Dead

KEN THORNE/RICHARD LESTER 1965 - 1984
Help ,A Funny Thing Happened On The Way To The Forum ,How I Won The War ,The Bed Sitting Room,Juggernaut ,Royal Flash ,The Ritz ,Superman Ii ,Superman Iii ,Finders Keepers

SERGE LEONE /ENNIO MORRICONE 1964 - 1984
A Fistful Of Dollars, For A Few Dollars More, The Good, The Bad And The Ugly, Once Upon A Time In The West, A Fistful Of Dynamite, Once Upon A Time In America

CHARLES FOX/LARRY PEERCE 1969 - 1982
Goodbye Columbus ,A Separate Peace ,The Other Side Of The Mountain ,Two-Minute Warning ,Why Would I Lie? ,Love Child

FRANK DEVOL/ROBERT ALDRICH* 1954 - 1981
World For Ransom ,Kiss Me Deadly ,The Big Knife ,Attack! ,Whatever Happened To Baby Jane ,Hush Hush Sweet Charlotte ,The Flight Of The Phoenix ,The Dirty Dozen ,The Legend Of Lylah Clare,Ulzana's Raid ,Emperor Of The North ,The Longest Yard ,Hustle ,The Choirboys ,The Frisco Kid ,All The Marbles

ERNEST GOLD/STANLEY KRAMER* 1958 - 1979
The Defiant Ones ,On The Beach ,Inherit The Wind ,Judgment At Nuremberg ,It's A Mad Mad Mad Mad World ,Ship Of Fools ,The Secret Of Santa Vittoria ,The Runner Stumbles

ELMER BERNSTEIN/ROBERT MULLIGAN 1957 - 1978
Fear Strikes Out, The Rat Race, To Kill A Mockingbird, Love With The Proper Stranger, Baby, The Rain Must Fall, Bloodbrothers

JERRY FIELDING/MICHAEL WINNER* 1971 - 1978
Lawman ,Chato's Land ,The Nightcomers ,The Mechanic ,Scorpio ,The Big Sleep

QUINCY JONES/SIDNEY LUMET 1964 - 1978
The Pawnbroker ,The Deadly Affair ,Last Of The Mobile Hot Shots ,The Anderson Tapes ,The Wiz

NINO ROTA/FEDERICO FELLINI* 1952 - 1978
The White Sheik ,I Vitelloni ,La Strada ,The Swindle ,Nights Of Cabiria ,La Dolce Vita ,Boccaccio '70 ,8 1/2 ,Juliet Of The Spirits ,Spirits Of The Dead ,Fellini Satyricon ,The Clowns ,Fellini's Roma,Amarcord ,Casanova ,Orchestra Rehearsal

MIKLOS ROZSA/BILLY WILDER* 1943 - 1978
Five Graves To Cairo ,Double Indemnity ,The Lost Weekend ,The Private Life Of Sherlock Holmes,Fedora

JOHN ADDISON/TONY RICHARDSON* 1958 - 1977
Look Back In Anger, The Entertainer, A Taste Of Honey, The Loneliness Of The Long Distance Runner, Tom Jones, The Loved One, The Charge Of The Light Brigade, Dead Cert, Joseph Andrews "The Phantom Of The Opera"

LALO SCHIFRIN/DON SIEGEL* 1968 - 1977
Coogan's Bluff ,The Beguiled ,Dirty Harry ,Charley Varrick ,Telefon

JAMES BERNARD/TERENCE FISHER* 1957 - 1974
The Curse Of Frankenstein, Horror Of Dracula, The Hound Of The Baskervilles, The Stranglers Of Bombay, The Gorgon, Dracula Prince Of Darkness, Frankenstein Created Woman, The Devil's Bride Frankenstein Must Be Destroyed, Frankenstein And The Monster From Hell

FRANKLIN J. SHAFFNER/JERRY GOLDSMITH 1968 - 1973
Planet Of The Apes, Patton, Papillon

JOHN BARRY/BRYAN FORBES 1962 - 1968
The L-Shaped Room, Séance On A Wet Afternoon, King Rat, The Wrong Box, The Whisperers, Deadfall

ALFRED HITCHCOCK/BERNARD HERRMANN 1955 - 1964
The Trouble With Harry, The Man Who Knew Too Much, The Wrong Man, Vertigo, North By Northwest, Psycho, Cape Fear, Marnie

ANDRE PREVIN/VINCENTE MINNELLI* 1955 - 1964
Kismet ,Designing Woman ,Gigi ,Bells Are Ringing ,The Four Horsemen Of The Apocalypse ,Goodbye Charlie

RONALD STEIN/ROGER CORMAN* 1955 - 1963
Apache Woman ,The Day The World Ended ,The Gunslinger ,It Conquered The World ,The Oklahoma Woman ,Attack Of The Crab Monsters ,The Undead ,Sorority Girl Naked Paradise ,Not Of This Earth ,She Gods Of Shark Reef ,Atlas ,Last Woman On Earth ,The Premature Burial ,The Haunted Palace ,The Terror

ALFRED NEWMAN/JOHN FORD* 1931 - 1962
Arrowsmith ,Flesh ,The Hurricane ,Wee Willie Winkie ,Drums Along The Mohawk ,Young Mr. Lincoln ,The Grapes Of Wrath ,How Green Was My Valley ,When Willie Comes Marching Home ,What Price Glory ,How The West Was Won ,The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance

ALBERT GLASSER/BERT I. GORDON* 1957 - 1960
Beginning Of The End ,Cyclops ,The Amazing Colossal Man ,Attack Of The Puppet People ,War Of The Colossal Beast ,Earth Vs. The Spider ,The Boy And The Pirates ,Tormented

MAX STEINER/MICHAEL CURTIZ* 1936 - 1954
The Charge Of The Light Brigade ,Kid Galahad ,Angels With Dirty Faces ,Gold Is Where You Find It,Four Daughters ,Four Wives ,Daughters Courageous ,Santa Fe Trail ,Virginia City ,Dodge City,Dive Bomber ,Captains Of The Clouds,Casablanca ,This Is The Army ,Mission To Moscow ,Passage To Marseille ,Mildred Pierce ,Roughly Speaking ,Night And Day ,Life With Father,Flamingo Road ,The Lady Takes A Sailor ,The Breaking Point ,Young Man With A Horn ,Force Of Arms ,Jim Thorpeóall American ,I'll See You In My Dreams (Uncredited) ,The Jazz Singer,Trouble Along The Way ,The Boy From Oklahoma

FRANZ WAXMAN/ALFRED HITCHCOCK* 1940 - 1954
Rebecca, Suspicion ,The Paradine Case ,Rear Window

VICTOR YOUNG/CECIL B. DEMILLE* 1940 - 1952
North West Mounted Police ,Reap The Wild Wind ,The Story Of Dr. Wassell ,Unconquered ,Samson And Delilah ,The Greatest Show On Earth

DAVID RAKSIN/OTTO PREMINGER* 1944 - 1949
Laura ,Fallen Angel ,Forever Amber ,Daisy Kenyon ,Whirlpool

DIMITRI TIOMKIN/FRANK CAPRA* 1937 - 1946
Lost Horizon ,You Can't Take It With You ,Mr. Smith Goes To Washington ,Meet John Doe ,It's A Wonderful Life

I hope there aren't too many omissions or errors here Razz .

IMHO, I think Williams/Spielberg is the best collaboration, followed by Herrmann/Hitchcock.

Last edited by TheSnowLeopard on Fri Aug 04, 2006 1:24 am; edited 2 times in total
USA tranzishun
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

tranzishun is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View tranzishun's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 1:20 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

yes thanks Snow! there were far too many too list them all!
Australia TheSnowLeopard
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

TheSnowLeopard is offline View user's profile Send private message TheSnowLeopard's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 1:29 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, tranz. You were right to create a short poll.

But you have also created a place where I can now offload all my info. Smile
Lieutenant

Member#: 14393

supercarol is offline View user's profile Send private message supercarol's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 1:50 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I went with James Newton Howard as well, though it would be closely followed/neck-and-neck with John Williams and Alan Silvestri. Wink I'm a fan of all of them.
Commander

Member#: 5527

TreeBob is offline View user's profile Send private message TreeBob's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 7:42 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

While I picked Williams on this poll, how could you all miss HISAISHI/MIYAZAKI!!! or even Hisaishi/Kitano

My money is on Hisaishi/Miyazaki!

Hey Leopard great work on the research!
Commander

Member#: 11184

Asriana is offline View user's profile Send private message Asriana's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 7:46 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

While I'm probably the oddball of the bunch, I voted for Danny Elfman and Tim Burton. Elfman's music has always been a perfect match for all of Burton's films. The eerieness and weirdness factors on both ends just can't be matched up against.

And I'm with TreeBob on this one, how could you forget Miyazaki & Hisaishi?! That would've been my #1 pick in a heartbeat!
Lieutenant Commander

aw

Member#: 3098

rebeccabutterfly is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website rebeccabutterfly's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 8:49 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with Asriana ... Elfman and Burton hands down, for me. Those movies definately have the weirdness factor, but at the same time, lots of heart. I dont think anyone does the soundtrack to those moods better than Elfman.
Rear Admiral (Ambassador)

Member#: 7382

Twopop is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Twopop's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 10:38 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Though not in the Speilberg/Williams' league, here's another addition to your incredible list:

STEVEN SODERBERGH/CLIFF MARTINEZ 1989 - 2002
Sex Lies & Videotape, Kafka, King of the Hill, The Underneath, Gray's Anatomy, The Limey, Traffic, Solaris
Poland molossus VIP (subscribed member)
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

Member#: 11167

molossus is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View molossus's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 11:11 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Great post Snow Leopard!

My top 3:
H. Zimmer/R. Scott
H. Mancini/B. Edwards
J. Williams/S.Spielberg

Avatar is from work of art by Drew Struzan
Australia TheSnowLeopard
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 3:19 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

TreeBob wrote:
While I picked Williams on this poll, how could you all miss HISAISHI/MIYAZAKI!!! or even Hisaishi/Kitano

Asriana wrote:
And I'm with TreeBob on this one, how could you forget Miyazaki & Hisaishi?!

Oops! Embarassed Sorry about that. Here we go:

JOE HISAISHI/HAYAO MIYAZAKI 1984 - 2005
Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind, Castle In The Sky, My Neighbour Totoro, Kiki's Delivery Service, Porco Rosso, Princess Mononoke, Spirited Away, Howl's Moving Castle

JOE HISAISHI/TAKESHI KITANO 1993 - 2002
Sonatine, Kid's Return, Hana-bi, Kikujiro, Brother, Dolls

Thanks Twopop for your addition. Smile
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 6:47 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

i made a part 2 for youuuuuu hehe
Australia TheSnowLeopard
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 1:22 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

bump..these topics should stick together

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 1:41 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Merging is ot possible. Locking is.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Soundtracks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: