StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

NBC Announces Law and Order: RIAA Series

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Streaming
View previous topic :: View next topic 
USA jk2silly VIP (subscribed member)
Commander
Commander

Member#: 30

jk2silly is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View jk2silly's Favorites
Skype Name
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2003 11:44 am   Post subject: NBC Announces Law and Order: RIAA Series Reply with quote

-- OK kids. I got this one from here
-- http://www.bbspot.com/News/2003/09/law_and_order_riaa.html
-- if you want to read this in HTML. I liked it so
-- I thouht I would "share". Have fun!
-- jk2silly

NBC Announces Law and Order: RIAA Series
By Brian Briggs

New York, NY - NBC announced it will be expanding its successful Law and Order franchise with a fifth series called Law and Order: RIAA which focuses on an elite division of New York police who are teamed with RIAA lawyers.

Lars Ulrich will star as a gritty New York detective and John Amos will play the chief RIAA lawyer. "Since most file sharing cases are civil and only consist of serving subpoenas, we had to take some liberties much like the RIAA," said creator Dick Wolf.

"Not only will each episode feature a tense tracking and capture of a copyright violator, but also a performance by the artist being violated," explained Wolf.

Chairman and CEO of the RIAA, Mitch Bainwol said that he really enjoyed the pilot episode where a 13-year-old boy who downloaded an entire 50 Cent album without paying, receives a summary execution from 50 cent himself. "It's a great combination of 'ripped from the headline' legal stories and music promotion. I couldn't be more pleased," said Bainwol.

Related News
RIAA Wants Background Checks on CD-RW Buyers

RIAA Sues Mirror Manufacturers

Judge OKs Nuclear Strike on Napster

Another episode features an NYU freshman who rips several tracks from a CD he owns and burns them in a "mix CD" for his girlfriend. Country stars Brooks and Dunn help Detective Smoker, played by Lars Ulrich apprehend the copyright violator.

"In the third episode we've filmed we follow several teens who purchase music legally from a Sam Goody, but then are beaten to death and have the music stolen as they exit the store by a band of music pirates," said Wolf. "Not more than 10 minutes later those legally purchased CDs are made available to millions of file sharers."
Ensign

Member#: 2759

Inuki is offline View user's profile Send private message Inuki's Favorites are Private
AIM Address ICQ Number
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2003 9:28 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

that's a riot.....hehe....sounds like something the RIAA would fund.... Confused

Member#: 1

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Skype Name
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2003 7:40 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't watch the series except for the episode where the Webcaster Alliance sues the RIAA for anti-trust. Mmmmm, I would buy that on DVD too.

Please do not PM me. Use email, Feedback or Contact Us links.
Commander
Commander

jk2silly is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View jk2silly's Favorites
Skype Name
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2003 11:06 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it! As we all know you do not have to be a monopoly to get sued under the anti-trust (monopoly) laws (ref US v. Microsoft and US v. AT&T) The restriction of their music and forcing us to purchase it from them is prohibitive to a free and competitive marketplace. We can force them not only to share the songs with the public but also the song writers and artists talents as well. AT&T has to share thier lines with the other phone companies and Microsoft will have to share the code it bought with other companies. The same can happen here too.

Rally fellow Americans to the cause of truth, justice (American style) and the American dream of having someone else do all the work while you reap the benifits! Laughing
Commodore

aw

Member#: 15

Cocles is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Cocles's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2003 3:17 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

jk2silly wrote:
Rally fellow Americans to the cause of truth, justice (American style) and the American dream of having someone else do all the work while you reap the benifits!

Here, here! If you can't beat 'em, whine and cry home to Ma-Ma.

To be fair, the RIAA is nothing like AT&T or Microsoft, those are businesses selling a product. RIAA is a trade organization enforcing laws.
USA JERIC VIP (subscribed member)
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)

Member#: 1

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Skype Name
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2003 4:29 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

That's not all they try to enforce.

Please do not PM me. Use email, Feedback or Contact Us links.
Commander
Commander

Skype Name
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2003 11:25 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess my point is that when AT&T was broken up there were some 1200 different phone companies in the US alone! But AT&T was the largest and was considered a monopoly for the purposes of the anti-trust suit.

As the RIAA is not the only trade organization out there. But again they are the largest and with the same logic can be considered a monopoly for the purposes of a suit. All that is required is for them to P*ss off the justice dept and they could be the next in the cross hairs. Laughing

Here's hoping!
Cadet 3

Member#: 15503

Cathy_117 is offline View user's profile Send private message Cathy_117's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 10:47 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't wait! I LOVE L&O. Hopefully it will be good.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: