StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Community Member List

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Ideas
View previous topic :: View next topic 
mnlarcher
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 12806

mnlarcher is offline View user's profile Send private message mnlarcher's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 12:01 am   Post subject: Community Member List Reply with quote

There is no quick way (and I might have missed it) to go to page, say 85, when you are looking for a particular member (other than changing the number in the http code) There should be the ability to skip multiple paes at a time, go to members list starting by first letter of their name ...

Searching through all those members, 1 page of 50 members at a time is too slow.
USA Twopop VIP (subscribed member)
Rear Admiral (Ambassador)

Member#: 7382

Twopop is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Twopop's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 2:05 am   Post subject: Re: Community Member List Reply with quote

mnlarcher wrote:
...Searching through all those members, 1 page of 50 members at a time is too slow.

Yes, it is. (This subject and request has come up before but I couldn't find it in the forums.)

One solution that some people use is this:

Look at the list of names in the Online Now section down on the far right of your screen. Click on any name in the list and it will bring up a link to that person's Info page. The url will look like this... notice the user's nickname at the end:
http://www.streamingsoundtracks.com/modules.php?name=Your_Account&op=userinfo&username=User nickname.

Highlight & delete that user's nickname and type in the person's nick you're looking for. Hit Enter and voila! You'll see their SST info page.

Not what you wanted, but hopefully will help a little.
Yemen j2brown
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 9

j2brown is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View j2brown's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 5:51 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

The same trick works for moving ahead in the member lists as well. There's a start number in the URL. Just add 50 to that for each page you want to advance. Not as easy as a search, but doable right now.

jeff
sdg
USA Twopop VIP (subscribed member)

Member#: 7382

Twopop is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Twopop's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 10:58 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

j2brown wrote:
... start number in the URL. Just add 50 to that for each page you want to advance.

What a great hint! It works great. Thanks, J2! Very Happy
mnlarcher
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 12806

mnlarcher is offline View user's profile Send private message mnlarcher's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 12:08 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I was shuffling throughthe pages last night pretty quickly by adding 50, or in my case about 8000 to that number to get where I wanted to go. This was, however, my third or fourth visit to the Community Members List. Perhaps I'm slow and should have thought of it on my first visit but I'm sure I can't be the only frustrated SSTer out there(here(or am I?))
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Ideas All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: