StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Globus Interview / Station IDs / Contest!!!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic 
USA JERIC VIP (subscribed member)
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)

Member#: 1

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Skype Name
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 12:21 pm   Post subject: Globus Interview / Station IDs / Contest!!! Reply with quote

It's time to step it up a notch folks! We are giving away autographed Globus - Epicon CDs for the Station ID contest and for submitting the best question for our SST exclusive interview with Globus.

- Please submit your questions here for the interview. The person who submits the best question(s) will receive an autographed Globus - Epicon CD. DEADLINE for questions: Sunday night, Oct. 22, 23:59 SST Time.

- Please participate in the Station ID Contest. We have permission to use the Globus - Epicon music for our Station IDs. We haven't had many entries so please enter today for your chance at an autographed Globus CD!

2006 Station ID Contest - Deadline Oct.31
http://www.streamingsoundtracks.com/modules.php?name=Contests

Globus - Epicon album
http://www.streamingsoundtracks.com/modules.php?name=Album&asin=B000GLKPDK

Please do not PM me. Use email, Feedback or Contact Us links.

Last edited by JERIC on Wed Jan 03, 2007 10:48 am; edited 3 times in total
Nate
Captain
Captain

aw

Member#: 8729

Nate is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Nate's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 4:07 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeric,

This is absolutely great news and I am already putting together several questions that I would like to ask. I did have one question in advance though that I hope you can answer. Will these questions be presented to a specific person? If so, do we know who? The reason I ask is because if we knew this some of our questions could be even more custom tailored to the specific person that will be answering all of the questions.

I really look forward to writing these questions and getting the responses back. Thank you in advance for your response.

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:05 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps that is something you could ask? Like who all is involved with the project. I've been communicating with Yoav Goren, the producer.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Globus_Music

Nate
Captain
Captain

aw

Member#: 8729

Nate is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Nate's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:31 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, thx Jeric. That is what I was actually hoping because Yoav was one of the founders of Immediate Music 15 years ago, so we can tailor some questions more specifically to him as well. I look forward to creating some questions for this interview.
Lieutenant

Member#: 8994

Techie-Micheal is offline View user's profile Send private message View Techie-Micheal's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 10:20 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Question 1: How did you get started in the music industry?

Question 2: What advice would you have for those that are trying to get in to the music industry?

Question 3: Outside of music, what is one talent you have found that has helped you the most in the music industry?
Commander

Member#: 3796

PeteC is offline View user's profile Send private message View PeteC's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 12:23 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

1. When scoring any type of
film, is it the exact motion
and sequence of a scene, which
dictates the music used OR is
it the general focus and flavor
of the scene/scenes, which
drives the use of the music?

2. What determines either of
these approaches for you and/or
composers, in your opinion?

3. How do you know your use of
music for a scene is overpower-
ing it or do you rest on the
judgment of the producer/dir-
ector for this?

Thank you very much.

Regards,

Pete
good as good. Herein lies evil.

Last edited by PeteC on Thu Oct 05, 2006 5:19 pm; edited 3 times in total
mrtuffstuff
Cadet 4
Cadet 4

Member#: 10513

mrtuffstuff is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website mrtuffstuff's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 1:13 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Could you remove the 7-day restriction from the Globus track while the contest is ongoing so that some of us who are less familiar with the CD can be sure to sample different pieces for sweeper ideas?
Gith
Cadet 4
Cadet 4

Member#: 9440

Gith is offline View user's profile Send private message Gith's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 1:59 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are links to sites which have some samples of Globus' music:

http://www.myspace.com/globusmusic
http://cdbaby.com/cd/globus
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Globus_Music
http://www.hmv.co.uk/hmvweb/displayProductDetails.do?ctx=280;-1;-1;-1&sku=534532

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 2:46 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

mrtuffstuff wrote:
Could you remove the 7-day restriction from the Globus track while the contest is ongoing so that some of us who are less familiar with the CD can be sure to sample different pieces for sweeper ideas?

I wish we could. But if there are any admins around in the chat, it is ok to ask them to insert a track into the queue.

mrtuffstuff
Cadet 4
Cadet 4

Member#: 10513

mrtuffstuff is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website mrtuffstuff's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 3:23 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks
KiBlast
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 10393

KiBlast is offline View user's profile Send private message KiBlast's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 8:30 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

1.) Where do you get your inspiration when you compose a piece?

2.) Which of the songs you have written is your favorite?

3.) What makes Globus unique among so many other composers?
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 14537

Evan_Evans is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View Evan_Evans's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 6:07 am   Post subject: 7 (+1) Questions to a Score Composer Reply with quote

Questions for a soundtrack composer :

1) What is your preference on when to be involved
in the composing schedule :
Long time before like when the script/storyboard is reviewed/drawn
or
Just when some scenes are ready so you can focus on the pictures and the atmosphere of each scene
or last,
Working with Director on the cutting/montage of the movie itself ?

2) If you ever work outside your normally place/country, what do you prefer or dislike then ?

3) Is there an orchestra with you wish to work with someday ?

4) What is your favorite soundtrack or composer that decide you to go into the business ?

5) What is your most achieve/complete personnal work ?

6) Do you think that the music that's inspire you cannot comes from your roots ?
If not can you give a example (Personnal or other) ?

7) Do you encounter any difficulty in creation
or facility like things comes spontaneously ?
Sometimes the music imposes itself to a subject/movie...
And when it's arrives do you get help (if it was difficult) or agreement (if it was easy) from the director ?

Last one :
Do you like/dislike when a director intend to inspire
you from another score he'd like you to rebuilt for his movie ? (if it happens to you once)
USA Luther_III
Commander
Commander

Member#: 10621

Luther_III is offline View user's profile Send private message View Luther_III's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 12:17 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a question for Globus. I'll edit this post as I think of more:

What inspired and drove the production of a commercially released album compiling so much of your earlier work? How and when did you begin to conceive of your music for listening rather than simply accompanying trailers?

With the release of Epicon, as well as a few other albums by other artists, some are declaring the emergence of a new genre of music. What would you call this genre, and how would you define it? Do you predict the continued proliferation of this style of music for listening?

With the ubiquity of electronic music and sampling, it seems that the possibilities for instrumentation are virtually limitless. How do you determine the boundaries for instrumentation in a certain piece? What factors frame the decision to go with live or sampled instruments, and how is the final decision made?

A number of tracks on Epicon seem to have lyrics and/or choral text hinting at spirituality. Tell us about some of the inspirations for these lyrics. Do many of your artists look to personal faith for inspiration?

Are there any plans for releasing 'instrumental' (i.e. without vocals) versions of the tracks on Epicon? These would be akin to the way they were originally heard in the trailers. Do you plan to release recordings of future trailer music or other recordins similar to this album?

Last edited by Luther_III on Tue Oct 17, 2006 9:35 pm; edited 3 times in total
USA zirael
Commander
Commander

Member#: 4924

zirael is offline View user's profile Send private message View zirael's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 7:28 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone has already come up with really thoughtful questions!

I can remember a time when original trailer music wasn't so prevalent since existing scores were edited to fit the trailers. Could you talk about when you started seeing this shift towards using original trailer music?

Could you describe the circumstances that led to the start-up of Immediate Music to take advantage of this trend?

What was the main difference in the creative process between composing for a trailer and composing an Epicon track?

When composing for trailers, do you think it's a good idea to invoke memories of other films by composing something similar to a previous score, in order to attract the target audience?

Based on your experience, have you figured out what gets people's attention from a musical standpoint most quickly so that they watch the trailer?

Since Epicon sounds like it was a collaborative project, how did you coordinate what each composer worked on?

How many people worked on composing the Epicon album?

What was it like having Epicon performed for a live audience at the Grand Hall in Wembley, London? Where else did you have performances? Any plans to perform in the U.S.?

Do you foresee releasing more albums like Epicon in the future?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 8:10 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

A lot of great questions!! But we're hardly getting any StationID submissions! Come on guys, I can't wait to get these produced!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: