StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Video Games Live

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Entertainment
View previous topic :: View next topic 
USA socr8s
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 7603

socr8s is offline View user's profile Send private message View socr8s's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 10:41 am   Post subject: Video Games Live Reply with quote

**WARNING - Might be a long post**

The one day a year that kids come out of their parents basement and dress like their favorite video game character..... what geeks. I was surprised to see they held out from playing WoW long enough to enjoy the show. I for one didn't dress up but sort of regret not doing so. It'd be fun. What a fun night though. I'd say it was worth the wait since I didn't get to see it last year (cuz it got cancelled or something).

First of all, take a shuttle to the Hollywood Bowl, they stack the parking. You can't leave till the person in front of the person in front of you leaves. The guy behind us was like "the show ends at 10:50, are you gonna leave at 10:50?" Must be his first time. So then they had all these old arcade games set up so you could play them. Most people have them on their phones anyway, but the full version was still cool. Pac-man, space invaders were some of the old ones, but the new favorite game has to be Guitar Hero. If you haven't heard of it, you need to check it out. One of my favorite games. Now the kids there playing it, must play it non-stop all day. Like, they got in line just to show off. I like the game, but I'm not going to master it like they did.

Then there was a meet and greet where you got to get stuff signed from the game composers who had songs they were gonna play. I didn't know half these people but everyone brought their PC or Xbox game to have signed. Shocked

Now the show starts and BT comes out (who I got to meet) and does some song I'm assuming was from his new CD. It was awesome. I enjoyed his Stealth soundtrack a lot so I might have to pick this one up as well. The rest of the list is as follows:

Classic Arcade medley
Played themes of games and showed clips on screen.

Metal Gear Solid
David Hayter came out and did the Snake voice. He wrote Xmen 1 and 2. A guard from the game came out and had a glowing exclamation point over his head. That was funny.

God of War

Space Invaders

Tron
The writer and director, Steven Lisberger, as well as the lead special effects guy came out.

Medal of Honor
Instead of game footage they showed all WWII stuff.

Civilization IV

Zelda

Final Fantasy (One Winged Angel)
Awesome song, I love this one.

Frogger
So these girls come on stage. Their like 10 and are asked to play the game and the winner won a computer. How easy..... they sucked!! Neither of them made it across. Everytime they got run over, everyone was like Awwwww. They each got home editions of the game cuz they obviously haven't played before.

Kingdom Hearts

Myst

Lucas Arts Medley
I love their games. Outlaws, Grim Fandango, Monkey Island.

Sonic

Warcraft

Final Fantasy Piano Solo
This was awesome. Obviously practices for hours on end.... my guess is only on this one song.

Advent Rising
That was featured here. Cool stuff.

Mario Medley

Halo 1 and 2

Halo 3 sneak peak

Sure enough.... it ended at 10:50. Definitely a fun night. I like video games and all..... but not as much as everyone else there. They even wore the Tshirt.
USA Twopop VIP (subscribed member)
Rear Admiral (Ambassador)
Rear Admiral (Ambassador)

Member#: 7382

Twopop is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Twopop's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 11:00 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome description, Socr8s! Almost like being there, too. THANKS!!
Asriana
Commander
Commander

Member#: 11184

Asriana is offline View user's profile Send private message Asriana's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 11:17 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow Socr8s! Sounds like you had a blast! Thanks for sharing with us Very Happy
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

Member#: 4272

Alchemist is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View Alchemist's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 11:48 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Great, Socr8s! Must have been a lot of fun!

Smile
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

Member#: 4272

Alchemist is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View Alchemist's Favorites
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 1:31 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there!

Here is a glimpse of what happened during the concert Smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LFrO_5ghcY

(I think it's Ok to post this link since the owners allowed personal cameras. Admins, feel free to remove it otherwise Wink)
Cadet 1

Member#: 50962

AlexanderLewis is offline View user's profile Send private message AlexanderLewis's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2022 1:56 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want to play the latest video game, you can play New World, which was released by Amazon Game Studios at the end of September last year.

Spam link removed - molossus
Netherlands Conductor
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 46694

Conductor is offline View user's profile Send private message Conductor's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2022 5:24 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

On march 5 and 6 the Game Music Fest will be in London this year, instead of Poland. More info about the 2 concerts is on gmfest.com

"The best music is between the notes"
theaheflin
Cadet 1
Cadet 1

Member#: 51170

theaheflin is offline View user's profile Send private message theaheflin's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2022 4:25 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it!
abandonunlucky
Cadet 1
Cadet 1

Member#: 51253

abandonunlucky is offline View user's profile Send private message abandonunlucky's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2023 3:29 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

don't see the title and Artist names

[Spam Removed - Dragonel]
killert
Cadet 1
Cadet 1

Member#: 51526

killert is offline View user's profile Send private message killert's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2024 3:54 am   Post subject: Re: Video Games Live Reply with quote

socr8s wrote:
**WARNING - Might be a long post**

The one day a year that kids come out of their parents basement and dress like their favorite video game character..... what geeks. I was surprised to see they held out from playing WoW long enough to enjoy the show. I for one didn't dress up but sort of regret not doing so. It'd be fun. What a fun night though. I'd say it was worth the wait since I didn't get to see it last year (cuz it got cancelled or something).

First of all, take a shuttle to the Hollywood Bowl, they stack the parking. You can't leave till the person in front of the person in front of you leaves. The guy behind us was like "the show ends at 10:50, are you gonna leave at 10:50?" Must be his first time. So then they had all these old arcade games set up so you could play them. Most people have them on their phones anyway, but the full version was still cool. Pac-man, space invaders were some of the old ones, but the new favorite game has to be Guitar Hero. If you haven't heard of it, you need to check it out. One of my favorite games. Now the kids there playing it, must play it non-stop all day. Like, they got in line just to show off. I like the game, but I'm not going to master it like they did.

Then there was a meet and greet where you got to get stuff signed from the game composers who had songs they were gonna play. I didn't know half these people but everyone brought their PC or Xbox game to have signed. Shocked

Now the show starts and BT comes out (who I got to meet) and does some song I'm assuming was from his new CD. It was awesome. I enjoyed his Stealth soundtrack a lot so I might have to pick this one up as well. The rest of the list is as follows:

Classic Arcade medley
Played themes of games and showed clips on screen.

Metal Gear Solid
David Hayter came out and did the Snake voice. He wrote Xmen 1 and 2. A guard from the game came out and had a glowing exclamation point over his head. That was funny.

God of War

Space Invaders

Tron
The writer and director, Steven Lisberger, as well as the lead special effects guy came out.

Medal of Honor
Instead of game footage they showed all WWII stuff.

Civilization IV

Zelda

Final Fantasy (One Winged Angel)
Awesome song, I love this one.

Frogger
So these girls come on stage. Their like 10 and are asked to play the game and the winner won a computer. How easy..... they sucked!! Neither of them made it across. Everytime they got run over, everyone was like Awwwww. They each got home editions of the game cuz they obviously haven't played before.

Kingdom Hearts

Myst

Lucas Arts Medley
I love their games. Outlaws, Grim Fandango, Monkey Island.

Sonic

Warcraft

Final Fantasy Piano Solo
This was awesome. Obviously practices for hours on end.... my guess is only on this one song.

Advent Rising
That was featured here. Cool stuff.

Mario Medley

Halo 1 and 2

Halo 3 sneak peak

Sure enough.... it ended at 10:50. Definitely a fun night. I like video games and all..... but not as much as everyone else there. They even wore the Tshirt.
Elevate your TikTok game by merging creativity with the power of music and strategic promotion here Crafting TikToks synced with trending tunes adds an irresistible vibe to your content. Leverage the platform's vast music library to enhance the mood and resonance of your videos. Maximize reach by using targeted promotions, boosting visibility among your desired audience. Employ catchy hooks, dance challenges, or lip-sync moments to engage viewers. Remember, consistency is key; maintain a steady flow of content and utilize promotion tools wisely. By harmonizing creativity, music, and promotion, you'll not only amplify your TikTok presence but also cultivate a dedicated audience

massive despcription Twisted Evil

removed a spam part added to original message - molossus
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Entertainment All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: