StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Live365 VIPs (No More)
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic 
USA JERIC VIP (subscribed member)
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)

Member#: 1

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Skype Name
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 7:34 am   Post subject: Live365 VIPs (No More) Reply with quote

Effective immediately we will not be accepting Live365 VIPs as SST VIPs anymore. If you want to become a SST VIP you will have to find an alternative way than being a Live365 VIP.

The reason is because Live365 has just changed our broadcasting package to something that is very unfavorable. We will have to spend a couple hundred more dollars more per month to keep our current listener max of 220. The other option is we will let our streams get cut down to 100 by them.

Their reasoning is Live broadcasters are costing them too much money because they are unable to insert audio ads into Live streams. I understand where they are coming from but I'm disappointed with them not warning us sooner about this and what packages that are left for us to broadcast.

Of course we could leave Live365 totally but I think we will most likely downgrade to 100 listener spots on 64k so we can maintain a presence there. We have about a month to see what we're going to do.

We are working really hard to get them to re-think this. In any event we will not accept Live365 VIPs anymore as SST VIPs. We will be working to remove this from the site this weekend.

*Please also see Twopop's post on page 2.

Please do not PM me. Use email, Feedback or Contact Us links.

Last edited by JERIC on Wed Jan 03, 2007 10:50 am; edited 2 times in total
Asriana
Commander
Commander

Member#: 11184

Asriana is offline View user's profile Send private message Asriana's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 8:15 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have a current VIP membership, how will this affect us? From what I'm understanding, only 100 members will be able to listen on the 64k band after this weekend... so I need to find an alternate site to stream SST from? I have been able to get WMP to work at my work. Is this the best option for me? I just want to make sure I can still listen and support SST.
Commander

Member#: 5527

TreeBob is offline View user's profile Send private message TreeBob's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 8:24 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Asri, that is certainly the easiest option since it is free and easy to set up.
Admiral (Administrator)

Member#: 11167

molossus is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View molossus's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 8:33 am   Post subject: Re: Live365 VIPs (No More) Reply with quote

JERIC wrote:
If you want to become a SST VIP you will have to find an alternative way than being a Live365 VIP.

It's quite interesting news JERIC.

Is it decided yet what those alternative ways will look like?

Avatar is from work of art by Drew Struzan
Netherlands stefan_nl
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 11136

stefan_nl is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View stefan_nl's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 9:08 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

An alternative that is already available is an Amazon gift certificate.
More details on the VIP information page.
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

molossus is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View molossus's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 9:18 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

stefan_nl wrote:

Oh, you are 100% right Stefan! Laughing

But I'm wondering if there is a chance that some new way or ways (to replace "L365 way") will be created...

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 9:29 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't want to announce this yet but we will be allowing monthly/yearly subscriptions soon. We're also getting rid of the donation meter when that happens.

Current Live365 members will not be affected. 100 slots will be available for non-VIP Live365 members. Live365 VIPs can hear any stream that is sold out. We usually have about 30 VIPs listening during peak. So we would actually have 130 people listening on the 100 package instead of 250 on the 220 deal we have now.

I am begging and pleading with them to re-think this. This was a rash decision by them. The broacaster forums are starting to blow up now over there. They are punishing the best quality broadcasters over there. If this is allowed to go through most of the stations will be in basic mode which only allows for a very small fraction of songs in playlists of SST's. Some stations used to brag about having 800 songs until we came a long and took over.

I offered a solution to them by having separate packages for 100% Live streams like SST. We could pay a little more but not double, triple, or more like the some of the other "solutions".

We could start some kind of petition there to represent a public outcry if we have to.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 9:32 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

molossus wrote:
stefan_nl wrote:

Oh, you are 100% right Stefan! Laughing

But I'm wondering if there is a chance that some new way or ways (to replace "L365 way") will be created...

There will be, yes.

Poland molossus VIP (subscribed member)
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 9:56 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you JERIC!
That's great news.

Personally, I think it would be awesome to become SST VIP by subscribing for SST only (and not necessarily for the whole L365)

France Alchemist VIP (subscribed member)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

Member#: 4272

Alchemist is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View Alchemist's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 12:57 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

JERIC wrote:
We could start some kind of petition there to represent a public outcry if we have to.
Bad, bad that L365 decided to do such a thing. If needs be, I'm pretty sure a lot of SSTers will sign this petition!

stefan_nl wrote:
An alternative that is already available is an Amazon gift certificate
Indeed! But I don't really like the Amazon system. It's difficult to use and not very clear for non US users imho Wink

JERIC wrote:
I didn't want to announce this yet but we will be allowing monthly/yearly subscriptions soon. We're also getting rid of the donation meter when that happens.
Now, that's a better alternative then the Amazon certificate Smile
Asriana
Commander
Commander

Member#: 11184

Asriana is offline View user's profile Send private message Asriana's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 4:02 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I do like the idea of subscribing to just SST vrs. L365 & SST. That way I know the money is being well spent. I feel bad since I just renewed my VIP membership through L365. I guess there's always next year Wink
Commander

Member#: 7493

genericdragon is offline View user's profile Send private message genericdragon's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 5:29 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

molossus wrote:
Thank you JERIC!
That's great news.

Personally, I think it would be awesome to become SST VIP by subscribing for SST only (and not necessarily for the whole L365)

ditto. what better way to support our favorite webstation Wink

"The thing that impresses me the most about America is the way parents obey their children." ~ King Edward VIII (1894 - 1972)
USA workervr
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 10921

workervr is offline View user's profile Send private message View workervr's Favorites
Visit MySpace
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 10:07 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

well I am unsure about amazon.. I have been busy with the kids and havent been donating and come back to find myself.. not a subscriber.. very disconcerting!~!!! oh well. I donated as I always have can I be a vip again?????

*workervr bows down and begs the sst gods***
Commodore

aw

Member#: 9

j2brown is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View j2brown's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 7:26 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Anybody can be a VIP, workervr. Just check out the VIP page. Many thanks for your generous donation.

jeff
sdg

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 9:19 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

workervr wrote:
well I am unsure about amazon.. I have been busy with the kids and havent been donating and come back to find myself.. not a subscriber.. very disconcerting!~!!! oh well. I donated as I always have can I be a vip again?????

*workervr bows down and begs the sst gods***

Begging not neccessary! I am so sorry workervr! I really thought I upgraded your account!

Well, that is fixed now. Thank you so much for your generosity and patience!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: