StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Live365 VIPs (No More)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic 
USA Twopop VIP (subscribed member)
Rear Admiral (Ambassador)

Member#: 7382

Twopop is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Twopop's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 10:17 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Recently I have received a number of emails and questions from members whose Preferred Memberships on Live365 will be renewing soon or already have.

I'm posting this to make you aware of the "fine print" in the Live365 Membership Agreement. When your annual renewal comes up, it is automatically withdrawn from your account. You must send L365 written notice if you want to terminate your contract with them. If you do not, and the funds are withdrawn from your account, you have only 3 days to cancel it.

To read more for yourself, go to:
1) http://www.live365.com/index.live
2) Click on "Be a VIP".
3) Scroll down and click on Membership Agreement.
4) Scroll down to #8 - Refund and Cancellation Policy.
Caliburn

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 2:32 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

The most sucky cancelation service ever
Yemen j2brown
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 9

j2brown is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View j2brown's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 7:17 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Cal's obviously never tried to leave AOL.

jeff
sdg
USA thuringwethil
Captain
Captain

Member#: 7505
Location: Deep in the heart of Texas, formerly from the Heart of Dixie

thuringwethil is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View thuringwethil's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger Skype Name
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:13 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

j2brown wrote:
Cal's obviously never tried to leave AOL.

jeff
sdg

QFT
Captain

Member#: 211

Obi-son is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View Obi-son's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 12:58 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)

Member#: 1

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Skype Name
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 10:11 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Live365 has decided to extend our plan through the rest of 2006 (just an additional month). Not the long term solution we were looking for but at least it gives us more time to think about what we're going to do next. We still plan to maintain a presence there but not sure how much of one. Live365 VIP to SST VIP transfers are still on hold.

Please do not PM me. Use email, Feedback or Contact Us links.
USA Goblinmoon
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 1999

Goblinmoon is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Goblinmoon's Favorites are Private
Yahoo Messenger
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 2:49 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the update Jeric. So will those of us with Live 365 memberships be good until they expire? Needless to say I won't re-up with them. Even if my money is tight, I'd rather go with you. Even in the early days you've put together a quality package and I have no doubt you'll continue!

Just make sure its a player I can use at work! Very Happy
USA JERIC VIP (subscribed member)

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 6:37 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Goblinmoon wrote:
So will those of us with Live 365 memberships be good until they expire?

Of course!

Goblinmoon wrote:
Just make sure its a player I can use at work! Very Happy

What's really high on my to do list is a firewall friendly web player.

Twopop is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Twopop's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 3:20 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

It appears that Live365 has updated their website and made it a little easier to read the "fine print" about cancelling VIP or getting a refund:

How do I cancel my VIP Preferred Membership?

Can I get a refund for my VIP Preferred Membership?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 3:29 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

One SSTer who unknowingly got caught in the Live365 auto-renewal system was able to get a partial refund of the annual fee. L365 pro-rated it for 11 months and refunded him $41.

He sent me a copy of the letter he wrote to Live365 so that you might use it as a template if you need to:

Live 365-

Effective immediately, please refund your "auto-renew" charges that you charged to my credit card. I did not wish to have your services "auto-renewed".

Please send a confirmation e-mail to me showing that you have received my e-mail and are proceeding at once to refund this unwanted charge. You may also cancel my account as well.

Respectfully,
UserID: _____
fantus
Cadet 1
Cadet 1

Member#: 8623

fantus is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website fantus's Favorites are Private
MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 11:55 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I noted the change in VIP system too late and so the auto-renew system got me aswel.

I mailed Live365

Quote:
Dear Sir/Maddam,

My account name is "deakkan". Recently I have been billed again for my membership at Live365.com trough which StreamingSoundtracks.com (one of the stations) can give me VIP rights, which is exactly what I want.
StreamingSoundtracks.com always has promoted Live365 this way. If people wanted VIP rights then they were asked to create an account at Live365 and sign up for member ship. That way supporting Live365, artists and indirectly the station (SST) itself.

Now Live365 for no reason has tripled the costs of StreamingSoundtracks.com, stating that they would be a live radio. Which they always have been so the change in cost charges doesn't make sense at all. But now StreamingSoundtracks.com, logically, isn't promoting Live365 anymore, which makes me unable to get VIP rights there.

For that reason I wish to cancel my membership at Live365.com and would like to get a refund for the charges which have been made 2 weeks ago. I paid for a full year and havent used any of it so I expect it back or at least for 11 months.

I also would like to point out that this increase in cost for the station is unfair and, in my opinion, not reasonable. Charging extra because a station is live, which it always has been is really rediculous.

Yours sincerely,
Bob Pirok

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 5:46 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much for your support Bob. I posted this at Live365 today too.

http://forums.live365.com/viewtopic.php?t=28823

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 8:37 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a radio station that has totally ditched Live365:
http://www.paganradio.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=122&Itemid=2

A Live/Relay broadcast there for 6+ years.

fantus
Cadet 1
Cadet 1

Member#: 8623

fantus is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website fantus's Favorites are Private
MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 12:22 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol, it seems Live365 is getting a bit arrogant or so.

I havent gotten any reply from them though, so I have mailed them again to get an confirmation (which I probably wont get either)
don0don
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 10809

don0don is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website don0don's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 6:31 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I just sent the following e-mail to Live365:

Dear Sir/Madam,

My account name is "don0don". I renewed my VIP subscription last July. My chief reason for becoming a Live365 VIP member was to support StreamingSoundtracks.com, which has always been a strong supporter of Live365. Your recent 300% increase in the rates you charge SST is absolutely unconscionable. SST has always been a live station; the demands they place on Live365 did not suddenly increase in any way that could possibly justify such an outrageous increase.

Please cancel my Live365 membership immediately and refund me the portion of my membership for the remaining six months of my subscription.

Your treatment of live Internet radio stations is something you should be profoundly ashamed of -- and it is also extremely stupid, in my opinion. Nobody needs Live365 in order to play the same playlists over and over again -- for that all you need is an iPod.

Yours sincerely,
Don Campbell
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: