StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Heated Discussions
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Community
View previous topic :: View next topic 
Yvond
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 39

Yvond is offline View user's profile Send private message Yvond's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 10:22 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Woah...I'm gone a couple of days, working from home, and look at the monster that's been created...

Oblique wrote:
Cocles modifies my post by removing its entire content and placing, "I'm Stupid." in its place.

I agree completely with Cal, here. If true, it's totally inexcusable, since it would appear that Cocles is incapable of taking a little of his own medicine. It also tends to lend some weight to some of the points Oblique made, don't you think?

Futhermore, if you are going to start censoring ideas that don't agree with you, perhaps you should all mail us little arm patches with crosses on them, since we've already been registered on SST's website. And then maybe you could start rounding us up into little camps, you know, just so that no one has to listen to these offensive words being spoken anymore...

Cocles, who then, is the hypocrite?

Last edited by Yvond on Tue Apr 22, 2003 11:07 am; edited 3 times in total
Yvond
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Yvond is offline View user's profile Send private message Yvond's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 10:49 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

slowmo wrote:
Hell is a concept invented by the catholic church in the Dark Ages. It's a 'shock and awe' thing.. To keep the stupid masses obedient...

People who still believe this now are either averagely intelligent, or very fanatically religious.

Slowmo, your conspiracy theories never cease to amaze me. September 11th, Iraq, and now this. But I'm afraid that you'll have to go a lot farther back then the terrible religiosity of the Catholic Church in the Dark Ages to find where hell originiated from. Although, you do have a point---those in the Catholic Church probably did feel like they were in hell at that time...

Quoting from the Big Man, JC himself:

"But I say to you that everyone who is angry with his brother shall be guilty before the court; and whoever says to his brother, 'You good-for-nothing,' shall be guilty before the supreme court; and whoever says, 'You fool,' shall be guilty enough to go into the fiery hell." --Matt 5:22

But, having now stated that in order to show you that hell did not descend from a dead religion, I guess you'll just have to brand me as a religous fanatic. Either that, or a person with an average intellegence. I'll leave the choice up to you. Wink

Last edited by Yvond on Tue Apr 22, 2003 12:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Caray
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 243

Caray is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Caray's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 11:23 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Yvond wrote:

But, having now stated that in order to show you that hell did not descend from a dead religion,

Catholicism is a dead religion ? Wink

(Just to put a little more oil on the fire Very Happy )
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 11:40 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

All religion, be it Christian, Catholisim, Mormanism, Hindi, Bhudism, Islam, [insert favorite religion here] is dead, which is why everyone not in a religous system (any even many who are) hate it, and justifyably so. And I'll be the first to stand up an support any who dislike the fake religous junk we see all over the world. I was once a "Lutheran", and man was it horrendous...and my life reflected it...that is, until I found Jesus and learned that it isn't *about* religion. It's about being restored to our Creater, being reconnected intimately with Him, and interacting with Him to be changed, and thus change, the world around us. After all, we were built for interpersonal relationships, not to hold a bunch of beads and mindlessly chant all day.

If that didn't offend everyone in the ball park, and believe me---it was not meant to, then I don't know what will. Wink

Last edited by Yvond on Tue Apr 22, 2003 1:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
USA Obi-son
Captain
Captain

Member#: 211

Obi-son is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View Obi-son's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 12:38 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

ok i was going to make a reply but forgot what i was going to say. but if you were a god you would take many forms to reach all of the people of the world right?
USA Cocles
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 15

Cocles is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Cocles's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 3:16 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Alter someone's post!? Please direct me to the place in question so I may find the dastardly culprit and beat him or her with a wet noodle!

Mmmmm... noodle.
Yvond
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 3:29 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Very mature of you, my boy. Secretly replace Oblique's message, and then pretend not to have done it at all.

Heck, that way you don't even have to admit you were wrong for censoring it in the first place, and best of all, accept any responsibility for what happened. I think you've made our points better than any of us could have ever done otherwise.

Congratulations. Rolling Eyes
USA Cocles
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Cocles is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Cocles's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 3:42 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh don't congratulate me. I'm still waiting to hear what you're referring to. Razz
Caliburn

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 4:54 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Caliburn wrote:
*ModCoc Note: This post was not edited... I swear... really.*

Consider this my last post in this forum. I will participate again when the moderators can be trusted.

*hangs his captain uniform in the closet*
Yvond
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 5:08 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I am in full agreement with Cal. Consider this my last post, barring a change in a certain Moderator's integrity.
Wolf
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 16

Wolf is offline View user's profile Send private message Wolf's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 6:09 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to say Cocles, you went a bit too high here.

I agree with Cal and Yvond. I am off the forum as well until further notice that Cocles got a change in his way to act as moderator.
Ensign

Member#: 369

Yak E. Tory is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yak E. Tory's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2003 2:15 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with all of you... I think Cocles has overstepped his bounds, and I will react by not posting anymore.

Except, wait, that just means that he wins.

Never mind.
SlowMo
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 29

SlowMo is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail SlowMo's Favorites are Private
ICQ Number
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2003 2:46 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Yvond wrote:

Slowmo, your conspiracy theories never cease to amaze me. September 11th, Iraq, and now this. But I'm afraid that you'll have to go a lot farther back then the terrible religiosity of the Catholic Church in the Dark Ages to find where hell originiated from. Although, you do have a point---those in the Catholic Church probably did feel like they were in hell at that time...

Quoting from the Big Man, JC himself:

"But I say to you that everyone who is angry with his brother shall be guilty before the court; and whoever says to his brother, 'You good-for-nothing,' shall be guilty before the supreme court; and whoever says, 'You fool,' shall be guilty enough to go into the fiery hell." --Matt 5:22

But, having now stated that in order to show you that hell did not descend from a dead religion, I guess you'll just have to brand me as a religous fanatic. Either that, or a person with an average intellegence. I'll leave the choice up to you. Wink

Buddy, don't slap me with verses out of the Bible, I do not consider that book to be accurate.. In fact, what you read there has been written, copied and rewritten.. And guess when the most inaccuracies have occured??? In the Dark Ages my friend.

The evangelies (that's what we call the books about JC here), were ALL written after JC is presumed to have lived (if - at all). Some claim they have been written in the fifth century.. But I'm sure those little monks added stuff of their own while copying in the sixth century and onward.

Last edited by SlowMo on Wed Apr 23, 2003 2:57 am; edited 1 time in total
SlowMo
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 29

SlowMo is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail SlowMo's Favorites are Private
ICQ Number
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2003 2:56 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Caliburn wrote:
Caliburn wrote:
*ModCoc Note: This post was not edited... I swear... really.*

Consider this my last post in this forum. I will participate again when the moderators can be trusted.

*hangs his captain uniform in the closet*

Shocked Shocked

You silly dutchman.. Did you lose you sense of humor overnight??? I mean COME ON.. It was even a bit of humor that wasn't at anybodies expense..

You made a point critisizing the presumed mod of Ob's post, but hey, this one here is harmless..

Do you even know what you have started here with your little boycott, heck.. two people already joined you. I am starting to think you have mod-ambitions. I mean the timing of your appearance out of the shadows to backstab Cocles is totally brilliant, don't tell me you couldn't have PMed or ICQed us, instead.

YVOND : your signature is mean Exclamation change it, NOW
Commodore

aw

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2003 9:44 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Ladies, Gentlemen:

It was a joke and my denials were meant as pure sarcasm. Wet noodle? Come on, I think many of you will agree that I'm quite proud and ready to take blame for my witty and sometimes (frequently?) stupid escapades. Everyone and their grandmother knows that was me being a dork and that's how I intended it. If any of you honestly took my denials seriously then I am sorry.

As for an apology for my "I'm stupid" prank. (A double entendre title it turns out) there is only one man who I might owe that to at this point, and that is Oblique. But as it stands now, he ironically seems to be one of the few people who actually found my stunt funny.

Oblique, if you want an apology I will give you one. The "I'm stupid" joke was meant to be the final de-evolution (if that's even a word) of how low our pseudo-flame war had gone. Let's face it, we sounded like a couple of 7th graders.

-Here's my definition of that word!
-You made that definition up to support your argument!
-You are not accepting my definition because it does not help your argument!
-Well duh, I'm not accepting it because it was created for the soul purpose of helping yours!

Those who think I did it to strengthen my argument are smoking something naughty, since it's obvious that in doing that I'd only make myself look like a child. But hey, I thought it'd get a few laughs, stir things up a bit and maybe get a few "Cocles, for pete's sake. That's not nice!"

As far as winners and losers go, Oblique, I think you and I were going in circles to the end, but if you want to see my prank as a forfeit then feel free.

Oblique, once again, if you want an apology it's yours. It was my intention from the start to restore your original post, as can be noted by the fact that I had to save it to my own comp to be able to do so.

So that's that.

Yvond, nice signature. Inaccurate, and a little exaggerated but I like how Morglum has become the evil of SST to which all other evils must be compared. Wink This "empire", as you put it, is Jeric's. Morglum forgot that, so isn't here anymore.

And finally, Cal, I'm sorry to say it but it does look like you have a little mod ambition. When Sensei, BQ and I were promoted you were the only one who said, "Why wasn't I made a Mod?" and you've mentioned it several times since then.

Your earlier post listing what should be required of a _Moderator_ practically reads as a resume intended for Jeric. And your little comment in the chat about no longer using the forum "their loss not mine, I helped a lot of newcomers with questions in the forum and responded fast" seems be saying, "Hint, hint, hey Jeric look! I'm practically already a mod."

Cal we're buds. Whenever you supported one of my pranks you always did it privately via ICQ so you didn't seem like one of the conspirators (and I respect that). Why is it then that you go public when you finally feel inclined to discredit? Not to mention create a whole bandwagon for my upheaval?

Two nights ago, when I showed you what I did to Oblique's post before anyone else, you simply responded with a happy face. (I tend to always let a couple of my closer SST compadres in on what I'm planning in order to get their opinion on whether or not I had gone too far.)

So thanks for the back-stab, buddy. I appreciate the apology you gave earlier, but trust goes both ways.

To the rest of you, I hope to see you on the forum and you deserve a big wet kiss for actually reading all this. (SlowMo, Caray could you help me out here? My lips are chapped. Wink)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Community All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: