StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Any Questions?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Community
View previous topic :: View next topic 
Oblique
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 574

Oblique is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Oblique's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2003 12:33 pm   Post subject: Any Questions? Reply with quote

I have noticed that the view rate of the heated discussion thread has decreased significantly now that the issues being discussed are back to such matters as:

Are lobsters ambidextrous?

And

Why isn’t there any Betty Rubble in my Flinstones Vitamins?

This lack of interest made me think that maybe, just maybe, some of you were interested in knowing more about what was being discussed, but did not want to join the active debate. This being the case, if any of you have any questions or comments about things that I shared, feel free to send me a private message with your question or comment. I will do my best to respond to your inquiries privately and with the dignity and respect your inquiry deserves.

Best Regards,

Oblique

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2003 4:09 pm   Post subject: Re: Any Questions? Reply with quote

Oblique wrote:
I have noticed that the view rate of the heated discussion thread has decreased significantly now that the issues being discussed are back to such matters as:

Are lobsters ambidextrous?

And

Why isn’t there any Betty Rubble in my Flinstones Vitamins?

Don't forget about wooden shoes :D

I asked Jeric to make this forum. I hoped it would become a forum where we can fool around. But instead it became a very serious discussion forum. I dont have time to read those big posts. To be honest I don't care about it anyways. If Cocles found out that I was anti-war and hate what the US is doing right now, he would probably kill me. :-)(... or edit my posts ;-) )

I hope you find those chatbuddies. But it would probably not me. Great idea though, saves me trouble for reading it in the forum.

But keep in mind it is a forum and discussions is where it is for. It is inpropriate to fool around in those topics (I am quilty myself). Maybe the moderators shoud be more active in it? Like "Guys keep it ontopic".

Just my 2 cents.
USA Cocles
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 15

Cocles is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Cocles's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2003 6:35 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

So let me get this straight, Cal.

Privately you have said that the SST forum doesn't even really need Moderators.

Then you say you requested the Off Topic forum be created so we could all have fun. In fact, you admit you don't even read the serious threads.

And then you go on to say the moderators should be more active and keep the serious threads serious and on topic.

Huh?

If you want us to keep the threads on topic then we'll need to speak to Oblique too, since the debate he's referring to in the "Heated Discussions" thread wasn't even on topic itself.

Good job and kudo's for you. Smile
Yak E. Tory
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 369

Yak E. Tory is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yak E. Tory's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2003 1:32 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

It always feels kind of sad, doesn't it, when you're no longer at the center of a broiling debate, doesn't it, Oblique? But saying hey, if you have any questions, feel free to ask is a pretty good way to get back in it. Makes you feel good. You feel important, you know, on the cutting edge of a verbal battle, fighting the powers that rule. Sort of an addiction. We all feel it. It's a great wash of success, to sit back and press "submit," and watch one's own composition flood onto the world's domain. Knowing that you can fight off whatever opposition surfaces. A righteous drug.

But man... it's getting pretty PC around here when at the end of every post, you have to go on forever about assuring everybody's dignity and respecting everybody's opinions even when you disagree with them.

Therefore, in light of the evolved implied requirements on the forums, I've composed this convenient little add-on disclaimer that anyone who so wishes may cut from this post and paste to the end of their own... just to cut down on the time-consuming process of making sure no one becomes offended by one's posts:

I am a supporter of Free Speech on the Internet. All opinions, ideas and concepts expressed herein are the sole opinions of the author of this post, and are intended solely as individual expression, and are not part of any willful act of oppression, coercion or deliberate attempt to change the opinions of any other authors. Any expressions of belief or philosophy are included for informational purposes only, and are not to be construed as a statement of superiority of said beliefs or philosophies over those of any and all other authors. Any use of slang, slander or derogatory names is in jest, and should not be interpreted literally. Any insinuated disagreements with other authors are disagreements with the ideals expressed herein, and are not disagreements with any beliefs or philosophies, except where such disagreements are the subject of discussion. Any disrespect contained within written posts is not actually disrespect, it's actually respect; it simply appears as disrespect... in the most respectful way.

Everyone, please feel free to use this disclaimer in your posts as you feel appropriate. Hopefully, this will add the comfort of knowing that one's posts will never inadvertently offend any reader or detract from the completely respectful mantra of the forums.
USA Cocles
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 15

Cocles is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Cocles's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2003 1:39 am   Post subject: Re: Any Questions? Reply with quote

Oblique wrote:
I will do my best to respond to your inquiries privately and with the dignity and respect your inquiry deserves.

Does anyone else read Oblique's posts outloud with a snobby British accent, or is that just me?

Cocles

I am a supporter of Free Speech on the Internet. All opinions, ideas and concepts expressed herein are the sole opinions of the author of this post, and are intended solely as individual expression, and are not part of any willful act of oppression, coercion or deliberate attempt to change the opinions of any other authors. Any expressions of belief or philosophy are included for informational purposes only, and are not to be construed as a statement of superiority of said beliefs or philosophies over those of any and all other authors. Any use of slang, slander or derogatory names is in jest, and should not be interpreted literally. Any insinuated disagreements with other authors are disagreements with the ideals expressed herein, and are not disagreements with any beliefs or philosophies, except where such disagreements are the subject of discussion. Any disrespect contained within written posts is not actually disrespect, it's actually respect; it simply appears as disrespect... in the most respectful way.
Caliburn

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2003 2:24 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Cocles wrote:
Privately you have said that the SST forum doesn't even really need Moderators.

Indeed I said that and this forum should be proud of that.

Quote:
Then you say you requested the Off Topic forum be created so we could all have fun. In fact, you admit you don't even read the serious threads.

Wow correct again, you psychic or something? ;-) The reason why I requested it was because we fooled around too much in the general one. Not because to have serious discussions about sensitive topics like religion and the war against Iraq. If people want to have those discussions, I have no problem with that, but I dont have the time or the mood to read those threads. I just scan them and sometimes I find a fragment to which I reply.

Quote:
And then you go on to say the moderators should be more active and keep the serious threads serious and on topic.

Yup, that was just an idea that popped in my mind while reading Obliques post. When a threads gets off-topic too much, the moderator can decide to split the topic. That is one of the moderators 'priveleges', and you as a moderator should know that ;-) And no I am have no moderator ambition, so don't even start about that. :-)
Oblique
Ensign
Ensign

Oblique is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Oblique's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2003 8:50 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow!!! Yak has provided me with free psychoanalysis. Well, as I always say, you get what you pay for.

Actually, Yak, these posts have been a distraction and expensive. Prior to this month, I usually arrived in my office early to work. You see, I own a law firm. I often bill two hours before my staff comes in for their morning meeting with me at 8:00 a.m.. It is my best time to do work unhindered (without the phone ringing). This means that I have had to make up time by working later. You see Yak, I don’t need to post here to feel important (although I am of the opinion that all people are important). I am merely of the opinion that people such as you are worth the time.

As for the PC disclaimer, ROFL, Very Funny.

And Cocles, Yes, I do try to read my own posts with a snobby British Accent, but I can never get it right.

Have fun all,

Oblique

P.S. @ Cal - Wooden shoes?? Crud, I knew I forgot something. LOL. BTW the idea of an off topic forum was a great idea.
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 29

SlowMo is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail SlowMo's Favorites are Private
ICQ Number
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2003 11:02 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Oblique wrote:
LOL. BTW the idea of an off topic forum was a great idea.

Of course it was... It was my idea...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2003 12:20 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

SlowMo wrote:
Oblique wrote:
LOL. BTW the idea of an off topic forum was a great idea.

Of course it was... It was my idea...

Sure m8, second post of this thread.

Let me quote the good stuff:

I wrote:
How about an off topic sub-forum in forum? I know a couple of fora that has one. They are quite fun

So all the off-topic stuff can be placed in that one instead of the general one.

And of course let us not forget:

JERIC wrote:
Cool idea!

Sigh, Typical belgian :-)
Yak E. Tory
Ensign
Ensign

Yak E. Tory is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yak E. Tory's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2003 12:30 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty soon, SlowMo, you're going to be claiming credit for the big, fluffy, golden-brown waffle...
Yak E. Tory
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2003 12:31 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Oblique wrote:
Well, as I always say, you get what you pay for.

Was it you that said that? Here and I thought that expression was older.
Oblique
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2003 12:56 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I always say that....

Sure wish I would have said it first Smile
Commander

Member#: 178

Legolas is offline View user's profile Send private message View Legolas's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2003 1:22 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Seriously This is fricking hilarious. But why do you all bombard the forum on days when i am gone. I want to feel important too. Wink Anyways thanks for the disclaimer ...

Oblique
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2003 1:53 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Now make sure Legolas that when you read the PC disclaimer outloud that you read it real fast like they do on television commercials (and with a snobby british accent). Also, may I recommend using microtype when the the PC disclaimer is being utilized (just like the fortune 500 companies do with their disclaimers).

Smile
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2003 2:14 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes... imagine how much space on Jeric's servers we could take up if we all used these disclaimers! Were you thinking of something like this, Ob? It is rather fitting, isn't it?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Community All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: