StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Death Penalty???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Community
View previous topic :: View next topic 
USA Legolas
Commander
Commander

Member#: 178

Legolas is offline View user's profile Send private message View Legolas's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2003 4:36 pm   Post subject: Death Penalty??? Reply with quote

Hey since so many people out here are so diverse lets here some opinons on the death penalty.

Is it worth it? does it solve anything?

Are there alternatives?

What if someone killed your family memeber?

Someone start this debate!
USA JERIC VIP (subscribed member)
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)

Member#: 1

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Skype Name
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2003 5:50 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think I can handle another 'Heated Discussion'. Religion & Politic topics are just asking for trouble.

Please do not PM me. Use email, Feedback or Contact Us links.
USA Legolas
Commander
Commander

Legolas is offline View user's profile Send private message View Legolas's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2003 6:01 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah maybe. But thats what is soo much fun Jeric. Razz
Besides what else can get the kids talking again... Even though all of us may disagree, I think it will help people see more than one angle. I am doin a service here Very Happy lol If not this topic than maybe we could have one called battle of the sexes... that won't be fair since most people here that can form an opinion are male. (that should get the ladies, started.) Wink
Caliburn

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2003 6:11 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Legolas wrote:
yeah maybe. But thats what is soo much fun Jeric.

Dude, that is not a way to start a discussion. You just want people to start flaming again. Sounds fun to you but because of those "discussions" you get bad situations. For example me and Cocles have a big disagreement in a previous topic what almost costs our "online friendship".

If you want to have a discussion like this start with your own opinions/arguments for Pete's sake! (and no I won't participate in the discussion). I totally agree with Jeric on this one
Oblique
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 574

Oblique is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Oblique's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2003 8:32 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Only two options for an opinion on the issue raised. Out of respect to Jeric's post, I don't feel the need to share mine at this time.

*Oblique ponders why Jeric thinks that discussion of politics and religion asks for trouble since such discussions seem to make his website well travelled*

Only one other really active off-topic thread.

XXX Hot SST 4-Way Action! XXX

Oblique decided not to post on that thread because he has a personal rule not to defend stupidity (what was 007 thinking?).

Hmmm ... Was that thread less offensive???

What the Shocked

*Oblique ducks as cyber objects are thrown at Legolas by the ladies*

On vacation for a week.

Happy May All Very Happy

Last edited by Oblique on Sat May 03, 2003 8:56 pm; edited 2 times in total
USA Cocles
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 15

Cocles is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Cocles's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2003 8:53 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey since so many people out here are so diverse lets here some opinons on whether or not we should give Legolas the death penalty for starting this thread.

Is it worth it? does it solve anything?

Are there alternatives?

What if he PM'd your family memeber?

Someone start this debate! Wink
Caliburn

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2003 4:45 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't mind those heavy discussions as long as people give good arguments and behave.
USA Cocles
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 15

Cocles is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Cocles's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2003 7:04 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Caliburn wrote:
If you want to have a discussion like this start with your own opinions/arguments for Pete's sake! (and no I won't participate in the discussion). I totally agree with Jeric on this one

Dude, make up your mind. Rolling Eyes
Caliburn

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2003 7:27 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Cocles wrote:
Dude, make up your mind. :roll:

Legolas just wanted to start a flame. Like "Okay I give a topic. You all go flame eachother. And I am gonna sit back, relax with a nice bottle of cold beer and popcorn".

Jeric's reply was a negative response to Legolas. I agreed with that negative response. I agree it could have been interpreted other ways. Lets blame my bad english and not enough coffee for that :-)

Good discussions are allowed in this subforum IMHO. As long everyone behaves. But I already said that.

If Oblique, Yvond and others want to discuss these stuff, go ahead. I personally like other 'off-topic' like the 4-way action and the Yvond/geniouse one :-)

Satisfied now mate? Looks like we have a heated discussion again :D
Caray
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 243

Caray is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Caray's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2003 3:26 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Legolas wrote:
If not this topic than maybe we could have one called battle of the sexes... that won't be fair since most people here that can form an opinion are male. (that should get the ladies, started.) Wink

tsk. Less war, more love, Leggy.
*lounges back with a smile* and quality over quantity.
Commander

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2003 10:06 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this is the end of any serious disscussion??? Have we come to a point where we are afraid to voice an opinion because somone may not agree, or we may hurt an online friendship???? Shocked

Please!!!!!! Rolling Eyes

This saddens me! Okay first thing first. CAL! I am not trying to "FLAME" others... Rolling Eyes I was going to give my opinion when i had the time to back up everything i was too state. Razz

And what would it solve??? Well it may change someone's mind. Or we may get to know eachother better. And it would really help me on my persuassive speech for school. Smile

So lets let this die since no one seems interested in a debate. Sorry for challenging anyone to form an opinion. This is a taboo topic. One with many double standards. Some who are against killing(me in an ideal world.) may have a hard time because in the high emotions of a friend or family member being murdured i would want quick results, and go against what i believe... There are so many things too look at with this topic. Yvond and i touched the tip of the iceberg on saturday. But lets let this die. (flip the switch Hank! its frying time!!) Wink
Yvond
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 39

Yvond is offline View user's profile Send private message Yvond's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2003 11:40 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Leggy,

You're just mad because after you lost the debate in the chat, you started yelling at me, and then started to yell at everyone else who was joining in to support me, calling them rude. Now you're just trying to drum up more support for your views, without even having asserted what your own opinion is on the matter here. That tells me your less interested in the discussion itself, and more interested in stirring up trouble.

Flame away, buddy---I won't be responding to this thread any further, though.

I think your signature says it all, don't you think? Wink
USA Legolas
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2003 12:52 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

sarbear: cocles would be proud
Legolas: thanks YVOND!
Yvond: You're just as bad as Cocles in trying to instigate trouble

Yvond! it wasn't for people to support my view on that the death penalty is silly. But you think what you want, and if that Gman was someone we knew, like cal or oblique i wouldn't have thought it was as rude. just fyi. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Community All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: