StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Official Klaus Badelt Fan Club SST Forum
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Soundtracks
View previous topic :: View next topic 

Is Klaus Badelt one of your top 3 favorite composers?
Yes, Klaus Badelt is awesome!
19%
 19%  [ 9 ]
No, but he is still really good!
70%
 70%  [ 33 ]
No, he is horrible and I don't understand why I am even looking at this forum!
10%
 10%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 47

USA LOTRKing
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 13511

LOTRKing is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View LOTRKing's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:26 pm   Post subject: Official Klaus Badelt Fan Club SST Forum Reply with quote

Well, I've been meaning to start this forum for a long time, now I finally got around to it...

If you want in the Klaus Badelt Fan Club (KBFC), just say so and tell us your favorite Badelt ST. In this forum we can discuss all things Badelt, rant about our favorite Soundtracks of his, and reccommend good tracks in those Soundtracks. Pretty much, if it has to do with Badelt, feel free to discuss it here.

My favorite Badelt ST (for those who didn't already know) is The Time Machine. My favorite track on there is #10 Stone Language. But #'s 1, 6, 8, and 15 are awesome too. (Heck, the whole ST is awesome! Wink )

Anyway, here's hoping that there are enough Badelt fans to keep this forum going, if not I shall proudly stand (alone if need be) as a Badelt fanatic! Very Happy

-LOTRKing
Dufresne
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 5408

Dufresne is offline View user's profile Send private message Dufresne's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:12 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that Time Machine is genius, I love that and it's quickly become one of my favorites.
So, I'm in.
KBFC!
Nate
Captain
Captain

aw

Member#: 8729

Nate is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Nate's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 12:44 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I can honestly say that Time Machine is a wonderful score. I enjoy listening to it on occasion and it was one of the first scores I really enjoyed when I was first introduced to scores. Since then through my own experimentation and SST I have discovered that there are so many scores out there that are just as wonderful. So, while Time Machine still ranks as an enjoyable listen I have discovered so much more since then.

Badelt I think continues to grow as a composer and I have enjoyed several of his scores in additon to Time Machine including The Promise, Ned Kelly and Pirates of the Caribbean. In regards to your poll though I would not rank Badelt as one of my top 3 favorite composers. Badelt still has a limited discography which makes it tough to rank him highly as a composer because there are so many other composers with larger discographies that provide a greater variety of music to listen to including John Williams, Jerry Goldsmith, John Scott, Georges Delerue etc.

So, in summary I do enjoy many of Badelt's scores, but at this point I could not rank him as one of my top 3 favorite composers.
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 5408

Dufresne is offline View user's profile Send private message Dufresne's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:18 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

natedogg_23 wrote:
In regards to your poll though I would not rank Badelt as one of my top 3 favorite composers. Badelt still has a limited discography which makes it tough to rank him highly as a composer.......

That's exactly what I thought Nate, and I should have added that I didn't rank him in the top 3 either for that same reason.

I like what I've heard so far, still, I hope to hear more from him in years to come.

~D~
South Africa Zombie
Cadet 2
Cadet 2

Member#: 12091

Zombie is offline View user's profile Send private message View Zombie's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 11:30 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Badelt has such rousing music, and though he hasn't done much (hint to Hollywood) his tracks are awesome. I haven't heard one I haven't liked.
Nate
Captain
Captain

aw

Member#: 8729

Nate is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Nate's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 3:22 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

For those who are not as familiar with Klaus Badelt, here is a Wikipedia Link giving a brief biography and his filmography.

Personally, I think one of Klaus Badelt's best scores has never even been released. His score for 'Equilibrium' was an awesome action score for an awesome action flick(which also has an interesting and thought provoking plot). I recommend seeing this movie both for the enjoyment of watching the film and to hear Badelt's excellent score!
USA ninja_otter
Cadet 3
Cadet 3

Member#: 15739

ninja_otter is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ninja_otter's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 2:04 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Rumor has it that he's scoring the new TMNT movie. Yet another reason to go on my pile for why March can't come fast enough.

As for the poll... I don't have as much Badelt experience as I'd like. I loved the Pirates soundtrack, and the Time Machine tracks I've heard here usually stand out as awesome (that is, I stop what I'm doing to see what soundtrack this awesome song I'm listening to is from). But I definitely don't dislike the guy's work.
USA LOTRKing
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

LOTRKing is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View LOTRKing's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 3:08 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys just thought I'd update you on the movies that Badelt is doing in 2007.

Premonition - A movie about a housewife trying to prevent her husband's death after seeing his death in a vision. It comes out March 16. For details, go here: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0477071/

Redline - Not entirley sure what it is about, or when it comes out, but here's the IMDB info: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0780595/

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - What more needs to be said? Very Happy It comes out March 23. Info here: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0453556/

Heaven and Earth - This is all IMDB says about it: "Remarkable true story of James Miranda Barry, the first woman doctor, who had to masquerade as a man." But here is the IMDB site anyway: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0377458/

It sounds like the Heaven and Earth ST might be kinda interesting because it is a step away from the thriller/action movies that he usually does. Perhaps he will include more of the emotional style music like that from K-19.

Thanks to all who have contributed to this forum so far! Check back here for more Badelt news and to welcome new members! Smile

-LOTRKing

Last edited by LOTRKing on Mon Mar 26, 2007 1:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
USA tranzishun
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 2223

tranzishun is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View tranzishun's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 2:52 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

The Time Machine is one of my favorite soundtracks and my favorite from Badelt.. top 3 probably not but i am definitely a fan of his.
Australia TheSnowLeopard
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 13799

TheSnowLeopard is offline View user's profile Send private message TheSnowLeopard's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 1:53 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I've heard The Promise, Ned Kelly and The Time Machine. All excellent scores, but not enough material to put him in my Top 3.
Ensign

Member#: 12481

derler is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View derler's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 1:11 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I own The Time Machine, K-19, Pirates of the Caribbean, The Promise and The Recruit, and except of The Recruit I really love them all! But if I had to point out one of them it would be The Time Machine, which is terrific!!!
Exclamation
Germany derler
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 12481

derler is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View derler's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 6:22 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I forgot: I have Constantine, too, which he did with Brian Tyler. And I love it - almost more than The Time Machine! Exclamation Smile
Poland molossus VIP (subscribed member)
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

Member#: 11167

molossus is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View molossus's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 3:58 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Middle answer from me.

Avatar is from work of art by Drew Struzan
USA LOTRKing
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:09 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

First, let me say welcome to the new members of the KBFC. Truthfully, I did not expect this to get as many members as we have so far, and it looks like we will continue to grow. It's great to see this many people with a love for Badelt's music.

Secondly, for those who did not already know, Badelt's wonderful score, "The Promise," has been nominated for the SST Award of Soundtrack of the Year. For those of you who enjoy this ST, I encourage you to vote for it so that it may receive the recognition it deserves. In order to vote, you will need to be a VIP member. If you are not already a VIP member, what more enticements do you need to sign up??? ( Wink )

Also, a new ST by Badelt, Beat the Drum, was added to playlist today. I've only heard one track from it so far, but it sounds promising! Smile

-LOTRKing
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 16100

Boba is offline View user's profile Send private message Boba's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 4:06 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know his work pretty well, but I think The Time Machine is awesome !
This is sooooo good ! Cool

I need to hear his other ST !
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Soundtracks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: