StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

What is your favorite M. Night Shyamalan movie?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Entertainment
View previous topic :: View next topic 

What is your favorite M. Night Shyamalan movie?
The Sixth Sense
26%
 26%  [ 9 ]
Unbreakable
26%
 26%  [ 9 ]
Signs
23%
 23%  [ 8 ]
The Village
17%
 17%  [ 6 ]
Lady In The Water
5%
 5%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 34

USA LOTRKing
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 13511

LOTRKing is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View LOTRKing's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 3:57 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

My favorite is Signs, I LOVE the message that comes with that movie. (Plus I'm a SciFi freak Very Happy) But Lady in the Water is a very close second. I didn't like it so much the first time I watched it. But having seen it a few more times now, and knowing what to expect, I realized the movie was much better than everyone gives it credit for. The characters are awesome, and the moral of the story is moving. As for certain aspects of the movie being "unbelievable" (like the characters), that's the way it is supposed to be! It is a fairy tale! How many characters behave rationally in fairy tales? Both are 5 star movies in my book (and 5 star STs too!Very Happy)

-LOTRKing
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 12806

mnlarcher is offline View user's profile Send private message mnlarcher's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 10:08 pm   Post subject: Unvbreakable, Unbreakable, Unbreakable Reply with quote

The money did not hinge, at least for me, on some little point or aspect. All of his movies have some sort of little 'hook', like an extremely well written short story, think 'THe Lottery' but "Unbreakable" had that hook and just a little bit more. You could actually have an "Unbreakable 2" without it being ridiculous, "Heroes" anyone?
USA LOTRKing
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 13511

LOTRKing is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View LOTRKing's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:30 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
like an extremely well written short story, think 'THe Lottery'

mnlarcher - I LOVE that story, great ending, I could see Night makin a movie version of it. One of the best things about that story is the negative association with the "Lottery," which most people think of as something good. (This was also done in the movie "The Island".)

For those interested in reading "The Lottery," here is the full text version: http://www.americanliterature.com/SS/SS16.HTML

Enjoy!

-LOTRKing
Commander
Commander

Member#: 7493

genericdragon is offline View user's profile Send private message genericdragon's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:39 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I have only seen The Sixth Sense and Unbreakable, so I must reserve my vote to those two movies. Of the two I favor Unbreakable. I will have to wait to watch the other three. I have too many other titles waiting in my queue.

mnlarcher- I completely agree about Heroes. I feel it could be within the Unbreakable universe.

"The thing that impresses me the most about America is the way parents obey their children." ~ King Edward VIII (1894 - 1972)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Entertainment All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: