StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Goodbye Live365!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic 
USA JERIC VIP (subscribed member)
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)

Member#: 1

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Skype Name
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 9:15 am   Post subject: Goodbye Live365! Reply with quote

We are getting rid of Live365. There are many reasons why we have decided to do this. The streams capacity will be cut from 250 to 130 within the next few days then 130 to 0 until the end of February. I will announce this on the home page during the next update.

Thank you to everyone who supported us via Live365 over the years. But now it is time for us to move on. Thanks to LoudCity we are able to. You will be able to support us more directly and efficiently from now on.

We will work on removing all Liv365 references from the site and adding an in stream promo about the change soon.

Please do not PM me. Use email, Feedback or Contact Us links.

Last edited by JERIC on Thu May 10, 2007 7:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Tjoe
Commander
Commander

Member#: 6471

Tjoe is offline View user's profile Send private message Tjoe's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 9:36 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

*sad* It was because of L365 that I found SST.
Captain

Member#: 7505
Location: Deep in the heart of Texas, formerly from the Heart of Dixie

thuringwethil is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View thuringwethil's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger Skype Name
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 9:40 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Same here tjoe - but they've changed too much
Commander

Member#: 10621

Luther_III is offline View user's profile Send private message View Luther_III's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 10:03 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

The right decision, all things considered. Power to the people!!!
Cool
don0don
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 10809

don0don is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website don0don's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 10:26 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Not surprised. I totally trust you to make the right decision in the best interest of SST and the community, JERIC.
Lieutenant

aw

Member#: 53

Hart is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Hart's Favorites are Private
MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 10:30 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the post , I was thinking I was not going to re-subscibing to L365 as my time to renew is coming up this week. They have seemed to me ,to be uncooperative to us SST listeners so they can go pound sand, any recommendations?
Captain

thuringwethil is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View thuringwethil's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 10:42 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

hart I like icecast/ogg stream Smile

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 10:53 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Well even though it is too late for them (unless there is a miracle about to happen) you can just tell them why you opted to not re-subscribe.

USA thuringwethil
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:13 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone should do that when they stop
Lieutenant

Member#: 7603

socr8s is offline View user's profile Send private message View socr8s's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:07 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with tjoe. Found this through live365. Would someone get ahold of Cocles and have him update his FAQ? That needs to stay.... just updated.
Nate
Captain
Captain

aw

Member#: 8729

Nate is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Nate's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:13 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I am pretty sure I already know this answer, but I wanted to make sure. With Live365 going away the streams through iTunes will go away as well correct? I believe that the iTunes streams are via Live365.

If that is the case, that will be a big blow as well because iTunes definitely provided lots of exposure for the site. Too bad Live365 couldn't make things work out, but SST we live on without them and only get better!!!
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 13511

LOTRKing is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View LOTRKing's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:23 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Those of us who used our Live365 VIP membership to become a SST VIP will still be considered SST VIPs until our subscription runs out, correct?

Also, I too am sad to Live365 go. I would never have found you guys if not for Live365. I would still be listening to their limited ST collection if I had not stumbled here. I hope that this cancellation does not cause a decrease in the amount of people who join SST. However, I trust JERIC to do what is best, so if he if feels this is necessary, I will agree, though I still wish it were not.

-LOTRKing

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:30 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

LOTRKing wrote:
Those of us who used our Live365 VIP membership to become a SST VIP will still be considered SST VIPs until our subscription runs out, correct?

Correct.

USA JERIC VIP (subscribed member)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:33 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

natedogg_23 wrote:
I am pretty sure I already know this answer, but I wanted to make sure. With Live365 going away the streams through iTunes will go away as well correct? I believe that the iTunes streams are via Live365.

iTunes streams will stop. When/if they get with the aacPlus game I'll reapply and wait many months to get approved again. The streams there were very poor quality because they were mp3PRO without the PRO part enabled.

USA lastdomino VIP (subscribed member)
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 10600

lastdomino is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View lastdomino's Favorites
MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:36 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same concern as LOTRKing. If I need to, I will go for VIP the new way but I need to know if that is the case. My Live365 is through October, so I will let them know why they lost me at that time.

I am fine with letting Live365 go if they aren't willing to work with SST. I found this station by typing movie soundtracks into google so Live365 isn't the only way to find this station!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: