StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

July 4th Playlist

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic 
Trilobyte
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 58

Trilobyte is offline View user's profile Send private message Trilobyte's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2002 7:44 pm   Post subject: July 4th Playlist Reply with quote

I was surprised to not find Air Force One (Jerry Goldsmith) and Independence Day (David Arnold) on the playlist. Those are the two of the most patriotic (by that I mean pro-American) scores and movies I can think of. The two titles say it all.
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)

Member#: 1

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Skype Name
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2002 4:20 am   Post subject: July 4th Playlist Reply with quote

I was trying to stick with movies that are based on true stories (except Top Gun which just screams Red, White & Blue). I have no problem adding ID4 & Air Force One. I'd like more opinions on this.

Please do not PM me. Use email, Feedback or Contact Us links.
Fanatic2k4
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 41

Fanatic2k4 is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Fanatic2k4's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2002 5:17 am   Post subject: July 4th Playlist Reply with quote

IMHO, no. It might be because I'm not a big fan of those soundtracks and I want to see more of glory, gettysburg, etc. But I wouldn't add them
USA jk2silly VIP (subscribed member)
Commander
Commander

Member#: 30

jk2silly is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View jk2silly's Favorites
Skype Name
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2002 5:23 am   Post subject: July 4th Playlist Reply with quote

How about "Born On the 4th of July"? This was definitely a patriotic movie. and so is the soundtrack. If you are going to include albums into "the list" then IMHO this is one that should be included as well.
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 61

Clem is offline View user's profile Send private message Clem's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2002 9:58 am   Post subject: July 4th Playlist Reply with quote

Just a question...

On the 14th of July, can we have French patriotic music playing? (just kidding) [Big Grin]

I think this idea is cool! And all the songs proposed fit to the topic. [Wink]
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Trilobyte is offline View user's profile Send private message Trilobyte's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2002 11:09 am   Post subject: July 4th Playlist Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Clem:
Just a question...
On the 14th of July, can we have French patriotic music playing? (just kidding) [Big Grin]

Yeah! Let's celebrate Canada Day on July 1st too! [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Seriously though, wouldn't it be cool to have horror music on Halloween and Christmas music during the holiday season?
Cadet 2

Member#: 20

obikes is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail obikes's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2002 3:25 pm   Post subject: July 4th Playlist Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gecko:
It's illegal to put a flag in your front yard in Spain.

It's not illegal if it is a Spanish flag. [Wink]

I am going to tell you why I don´t like this 'patriotic' thing. If you live in America and in your home you have hundreds of flags and you put the hymn at full volume, I think it is perfect. You are american and you have the rights to celebrate it and do wathever you want.
The problem is when I have to see the flags and hear the hymn, in my own country.

I am going to put you an example, Spider-man. Spider-man it is a big movie based in a comic, a comic that it is not only read in america, it is also read in many other countries. Then they make a movie, that everyone knows it will be released internationally, and that many spider-man fans from many countries are going to see the movie, but at the end they put this american flag, a flag that seems to say: " Look, we are americans, you are an intruder, you are not suposed to be watching this movie, it is an american movie for american people an this flag is the proof".

I don´t know if you understand what i am trying to say, but I feel they are simply forgetting that other countries exists, and I feel the studios think I am a second class person, a money maker machine, and that theyreleased the movies in my country, sometimes 4,5 or 6 months later, only to make a little more money.
Trilobyte
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2002 4:55 pm   Post subject: July 4th Playlist Reply with quote

Everyone has a different opinion about the movies, but that doesn't make the music itself any less enjoyable. I am a Canadian myself and I admit that it could be annoying to hear "The Star-Spangled Banner" all the time, because it is afterall the American anthem. But patriotic film scores are different. They are simply incredibly uplifting and joyous musical expressions that can be felt by anyone. Even if the film itself is pro-American (and I agree that ID4 was not not a great film for that reason), the score itself should be taken differently.

Take the scores of Independence Day and Gladiator. They are both very noble and epic scores, and they are enjoyable in their own ways. Why should Independence Day be judged differently because the film is pro-American (and Gladiator is pro-Roman [Wink] )?

Listening to a score from a pro-American film does not change your political views or nationality. Music is the universal language, and it can be enjoyed by all.
Cadet 2

Member#: 20

obikes is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail obikes's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2002 2:41 am   Post subject: July 4th Playlist Reply with quote

Personally, I think this 4 july thing is a very bad idea. Sorry, but I am not american and I don't like the 'patriotic' music and the 'patriotic' stuff that we have to see in almost every american movie.
I know that my complain doesn't matter to anyone, but I think this is the Best internet radio I have ever heard, but I will not come back until 5 july.

Worst moments seeing a movie:
-All the fanatic patriotism in Independence Day
-The american flags that seems to apear from nowhere in almost every big studio movie.(Example the final scene in spiderman with the flag, is a good way to ruin a movie)
-Some flags in a movie Armaggedon.
-Some many other that I (fortunatly) have forgotten.

The last thing I want to say that in the first movie I'll heard the american hymn, it will be the first time I will leave the cinema in the middle of a movie.
gecko
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 14

gecko is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website gecko's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2002 2:47 am   Post subject: July 4th Playlist Reply with quote

Oh yeah, flags seem to offend people from Spain for some reason (and some other Euro countries too)... I was talking to someone from there a while ago, and I didn't know this until she told me. It's illegal to put a flag in your front yard in Spain. [Smile]

I forget why, but yeah... too much patriotism annoys me, but I don't see why it's something to take such offense from.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: