StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Making lists of favorites?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Ideas
View previous topic :: View next topic 
limeychick
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 13685

limeychick is offline View user's profile Send private message limeychick's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 3:22 pm   Post subject: Making lists of favorites? Reply with quote

Hi,

Very often when listening to SST, I hear a cue that I really like, and I'd like to note it for future reference (in case I want to get the CD, or request something else off the album, etc). There should be a feature where you can hit a button and it will save the name/info of the cue that's playing, to a "My Favorites" list. Then you can always access your last 25 favorites or something like that.

I'm tired of quickly looking for a piece of paper to jot something down! (Or, maybe this feature already exists and I don't know it?)
USA JERIC VIP (subscribed member)
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)

Member#: 1

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Skype Name
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 5:54 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I like this idea along with links next to each track in your favorites that would make it enticing to purchase the soundtrack.

Please do not PM me. Use email, Feedback or Contact Us links.
Sweden phireangel
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 13973

phireangel is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View phireangel's Favorites
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 6:43 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I think its a really good idea, if its possible to do.. I also try to write everything down in a booklet.. lol.. but sometimes I dont find it and put it on a paper that just dissapears ..of course Razz
So I like the idea very much with my phavourites just a click away instead Smile
*phirehugs*
Captain

aw

Member#: 8729

Nate is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Nate's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 2:20 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I like both ideas presented in this thread. I think it would be nice to have some way of choosing to save a track or album as a favorite they you have never heard of so you don't forget. I think this would, in my case, be especially useful for many of those foreign composers who I have not or rarely heard.

In addition, I think it would be both helpful and beneficial to have a link that would help facilitate the purchase of the score.

It continues to fascinate me how quickly SST grows and exciting to think of the possibilities in the future. Keep up the great work Jeric and thanks for all you and the admins do to keep SST working smoothly.
USA AK-Mal_Owner
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 4415

AK-Mal_Owner is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AK-Mal_Owner's Favorites are Private
MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:46 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

And to expand on that, maybe that either becomes a VIP perk, or non VIP's get a max of 10, while VIPs can get something larger (like 50).....

I think it's a great idea... I know I've wished I could just hit a button. Would make it easier for people who listen to SST on more than one computer. I've taken to copying things into a text file, but it's only good on the one laptop of mine. I have no way to access it from anywhere else. But with a Favs list, it could be accessed anywhere.

-akm/tg
Tjoe
Commander
Commander

Member#: 6471

Tjoe is offline View user's profile Send private message Tjoe's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 12:57 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the VIP addition to that.
Ensign

Member#: 15772

BYUTenderHeart is offline View user's profile Send private message View BYUTenderHeart's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 12:39 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

This would be a wonderful addition. Hope to see it added at some point.
USA LOTRKing
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 13511

LOTRKing is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View LOTRKing's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 2:18 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

If you use Live365 you can do that. My Live365 wishlist is how I keep track of all my favorite tracks (and so far its 20+ pages).Very Happy

-LOTRKing
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 9

j2brown is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View j2brown's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 3:05 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you're missing the point of "favorites" LOTRKing. By definition you can't favor everything.

jeff
sdg
USA LOTRKing
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

LOTRKing is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View LOTRKing's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 3:23 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Why not? I use the list to req stuff all the time (aside from the stuff I req regularly Very Happy)

-LOTRKing
Nate
Captain
Captain

aw

Nate is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Nate's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 4:15 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I think what J2brown was trying to basically say is that at 20+ pages of favorites it may be a bit easier to keep track of what you don't like rather than what you do like. Wink (I am kinda the same way though, I enjoy lots of stuff, but I don't keep a list I just request whatever comes to mind) Cool
USA LOTRKing
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 4:32 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

If I didn't keep a list, I'd forget 95% of the songs on there! (and it's only like 11 tracks per page..)

-LOTRKing
Captain
Captain

aw

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 9:22 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

*Hands LOTRking some Gingko Biloba* Even at 11 per page that is over 200 favorites Shocked Are you sure you are not double counting the Time Machine tracks? Wink Laughing Cool
USA LOTRKing
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 1:38 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Nate - there are 277 for your reference, and since I know all of the Time Machine tracks, none of them are on there! Very Happy

2. Since SST will no longer be on Live365, I too really would love to see this happen, especially before SST stops the L365 broadcast.

3. I don't like the idea of puttin limits on the list. One, because mine is uber-huge. Two, what happens if a VIP has 50, then decides to (or can't afford) their VIP subscription, so they do not renew. Who decides which 40 to delete to bring it back down to 10? (or whatever the amounts may be)

4. My twist on the VIP perk: the favorites list should be available to ONLY VIPs and be allowed to have an unlimited number of tracks, and if someone does not continue a VIP subscription, then they no longer have access to their favorites list, but the list itself is not deleted. Once that person decides to renew their subscription, they should regain access to their list exactly as it was.

Well, there is my 2 cents! Very Happy

-LOTRKing

Member#: 1

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Skype Name
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 1:46 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm against this being a VIP only feature at all since it can and will be used as a way to promote purchasing new albums. I don't think it would be right to set any kind of limitations on how many CDs one would want to buy.

In fact if someone wanted to generate $50 of amazon commission for us then I would be happy to give them a year VIP! Wink

Please do not PM me. Use email, Feedback or Contact Us links.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Ideas All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: