StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Conversation with Scott Bakula

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic 
Caliburn

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2002 11:45 pm   Post subject: Conversation with Scott Bakula Reply with quote

In the Quantum Leap soundtrack there is a track which contains an interview with Scott. Hearing Scott babbling about his life in 12 minutes is too much for me too handle.

So Jeric could you please disable it?
loveslave
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 98

loveslave is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website loveslave's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2002 11:47 pm   Post subject: Conversation with Scott Bakula Reply with quote

Here's one more vote for disabling it.
Clem
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 61

Clem is offline View user's profile Send private message Clem's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2002 12:00 am   Post subject: Conversation with Scott Bakula Reply with quote

Bleh!!

I tuned up to the station this morning hoping to get some music to wake up fully... and I found myself asleep again! [Embarrassed]

Please Jeric! Get rid of this "thing". It is not even a song. [Frown]
Commodore

aw

Member#: 15

Cocles is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Cocles's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2002 12:54 am   Post subject: Conversation with Scott Bakula Reply with quote

But Scott is so sexy! Honestly, don't you people know what's important in life?
Caliburn

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2002 5:04 am   Post subject: Conversation with Scott Bakula Reply with quote

Okay a little update. I heard the track this morning at about 10 am. I heard the track *again* at 3 PM. This is within 99 songs and within 13 hours.

One word: Aaaaaargh!!!!!
Pixie
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 90

Pixie is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Pixie's Favorites are Private
AIM Address ICQ Number
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2002 5:07 am   Post subject: Conversation with Scott Bakula Reply with quote

Ok, as sexy as Scott may be, I don't want to hear a 12 minute interview...I want to hear music. My vote goes to dumping the track! Thanks!
Trilobyte
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 58

Trilobyte is offline View user's profile Send private message Trilobyte's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2002 6:34 pm   Post subject: Conversation with Scott Bakula Reply with quote

Well if the "song" is really that bad, why would anyone request it? If the song appears on the queue, then someone must either like it or want to try it out, and we should respect that person's wishes. Once out of 99 songs (maximum) is not unreasonable.

Everybody has their own favourites. We have to face the fact that we can't always hear our favourite songs 24/7. If we restrict the selection to only a few songs that are liked by most listeners, then we are in effect discouraging listeners of a minority preference. When we hear a song we don't like, we should just be respectful and assume that there is someone out there who IS enjoying the moment. Moreover, as unpopular as these tracks may be, they make the album complete and add variety to the whole collection.

For these reasons, I think we should seriously consider restoring the "Alabama" track and the track from Chariots of Fire (I forgot the name).

Yes, I know that some would argue that people request these songs to annoy others. All I can say is that this site works because it assumes that people are honest and respectful. We shouldn't let a few abusers ruin it for so many serious listeners. If everyone just be considerate and accept that we have different preferences, I think this site would be a lot more enjoyable than it already is.

I know that this is a rather long post, and I am really thankful if you had the patience to read this far. I just want to say that all of this stuff is just my opinion. If I sounded a bit harsh at any point in this post, I don't mean it [Smile] . And if that's the case, let me know.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2002 11:35 pm   Post subject: Conversation with Scott Bakula Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Trilobyte:
Well if the "song" is really that bad, why would anyone request it? If the song appears on the queue, then someone must either like it or want to try it out, and we should respect that person's wishes. Once out of 99 songs (maximum) is not unreasonable.

Everybody has their own favourites. We have to face the fact that we can't always hear our favourite songs 24/7.

First of all, the request system was down, so no one requested it. Secondly, people were leaving the stream while the track was on and that is a bad thing. When people are listening to this stream they want to hear music and not a stupid conversation. And finally the songs was played again within 99 songs.

Okay I agree with the 'Alabama' song. But the 'Chariots of Fire' was just too long and boring. I agree that people are allowed to hear the songs they like (I have to listen to the damn 'Ascent' everyday [Wink] )

Maybe you should request it and hear for yourself how boring it is [Wink]
USA jk2silly VIP (subscribed member)
Commander
Commander

Member#: 30

jk2silly is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View jk2silly's Favorites
Skype Name
PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2002 4:08 am   Post subject: Conversation with Scott Bakula Reply with quote

I have to agree with Cal in this matter. If, as is stated, the track is not music and is instead a conversation, then I feel that the track should be disabled. We know it is not music but the system can not make such distinctions and when there are no requests the system selects tracks randomly. It was dumb lick that Cal heard it in the first place and even queerer (is that a word?) that he heard it again 5 hours later. We want to hear music when we log on to this site. There are plenty of Talk radio stations and sites if that is what we want. No one is expecting that every track played will be one that they like. I myself can't stand "this is Your Life" by the Dust Brothers from "Fight Club", but Others do like it. I know that Cal does not like "Sons of Scotland" either but endures it anyway.
We accept others choices because we accept each other. We have all heard music that we would not normally hear here and have tried new tracks as well. [Wink] The point of this whole exercise is to hear music. The genre of this station is "Classical/Symphonic/Sountrack" and not talk. If there are tracks here that are just talk they should be removed.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2002 11:35 pm   Post subject: Conversation with Scott Bakula Reply with quote

I think a 'thank you' is in place.

Thank you Jeric [Smile]
Pixie
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 90

Pixie is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Pixie's Favorites are Private
AIM Address ICQ Number
PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2002 8:22 am   Post subject: Conversation with Scott Bakula Reply with quote

Thank you for taking this one off JERIC!
Wolf
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 16

Wolf is offline View user's profile Send private message Wolf's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2002 7:37 am   Post subject: Conversation with Scott Bakula Reply with quote

Argh! [Frown]

I thought this song was not requestable anymore... But here I am... listening to it right this moment... falling ass...le...ep zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz [Embarrassed]
[Wink]
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)

Member#: 1

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Skype Name
PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2002 7:56 am   Post subject: Conversation with Scott Bakula Reply with quote

It's not requestable but it is still in the playlist. So the computer can still pick it.

Please do not PM me. Use email, Feedback or Contact Us links.
Wolf
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 16

Wolf is offline View user's profile Send private message Wolf's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2002 8:06 am   Post subject: Conversation with Scott Bakula Reply with quote

Ouch!

Then I guess I am extremely unlucky to fall on it as soon as I log on to listen to some music. [Big Grin]
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: