StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Personal/Favorite Recipes
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Community
View previous topic :: View next topic 
USA Cinder VIP (subscribed member)
Commodore
Commodore

Member#: 10213

Cinder is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Cinder's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 7:26 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure where to put this but since it is about recipes....I got published again!!!
Congratulations!
Your recipe will be included in the new
KCTS COOKS: 10 Delicious Years Cookbook!
Ok it is only a PBS Cookbook, but my name is in black and white!
Here is the winning recipe this time. I was published with the Best Summer Salad that is posted in a forum by itself as I did not know the rules of posting when I put it up! (Newbie and all)

I taught home ec. for years. When we did our pizza unit, I always demonstrated this pizza. It did not always get a good reception at first. However, after the first brave student would try it, it was a race to see who could get the next serving!
Also great substitute for those who cannot eat wheat!

Rice Crust Pizza with Polish Sausage

2 c long-grain rice --cooked
2 eggs -- whipped
1/4 c parmesan cheese grated
1 teaspoon oregano dried

-Sauce & Toppings can really be whatever you like
1 1/2 c Homemade Italian Sauce
1 c mushrooms -- sliced
2 c sausage -- sliced or ground and cooked
1/2 c diced onion
8 ozs fat-free mozzarella cheese -- grated
1 diced tomato

Preheat oven to 400. Prepare a pizza pan (jelly roll pan will work also ) with cooking spray.
In a mixing bowl, combine rice, eggs, oregano and parmesan cheese; mix well.
Press evenly onto prepared pan. Spread sauce over crust. Top with mushrooms, polish sausage, and mozzarella cheese. Bake for 20 minutes or until crust is lightly browned.
Just before serving sprinkle with fresh diced tomato.
Commodore

Cinder is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Cinder's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 5:33 pm   Post subject: HOLIDAY FOODS Reply with quote

Snickers Fudge

For the first layer

1 cup milk chocolate chips
1/4 cup butterscotch chips
1/4 cup peanut butter

For the second layer

4 tablespoons butter
1 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup evaporated milk
1 1/2 cups marshmallow creme
1/4 cup peanut butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups chopped salted peanuts

For the third layer

14 ounce package caramel cubes
1/4 cup heavy cream

For the fourth layer

1 cup milk chocolate chips
1/4 cup butterscotch chips
1/4 cup creamy peanut butter

To make the first layer

In a small saucepan over low heat, add milk chocolate chips, butterscotch chips and peanut butter. Stir often until completely melted and smooth. Pour mixture into the bottom of a 9 x 13" baking pan lightly coated with nonstick spray. Using an off-set spatula, spread the mixture to an even layer and place in the refrigerator until set.

To make the second layer

In a medium heavy saucepan, melt over medium-high heat. Mix in sugar and evaporated milk. Once it comes to a boil, let cook 5 minutes while stirring. Remove from the heat and quickly stir in marshmallow creme, peanut butter and vanilla. Stir in peanuts. Pour over the set chocolate layer and use an off-set spatula to gently spread mixture in an even layer. Place in the refrigerator until set.

To make the third layer

Place the unwrapped caramel cubes and heavy cream in a medium saucepan. Place over low heat and stir until the mixture has completely melted and is smooth. Pour in the pan and quickly spread to an even layer with an off-set spatula. Place in the refrigerator until set.

To make the fourth layer

In a small saucepan over low heat, add milk chocolate chips, butterscotch chips and peanut butter. Stir often until completely melted and smooth. Pour over the third layer and use an off-set spatula to spread to an even layer. Place in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour before cutting into squares.

Last edited by Cinder on Wed Feb 21, 2007 8:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
USA AK-Mal_Owner
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 4415

AK-Mal_Owner is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AK-Mal_Owner's Favorites are Private
MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 10:57 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Dang you Cinder.... my wife saw that recipie..... I had to send her a copy of it....
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 4:00 am   Post subject: CHOCOLATE TIME IS COMING Reply with quote

I know I know... just what you needed to know.. RAther than put up tons of recipes and ideas for your carvings, here is a web site.. it boasts of 2188 recipes. Now if you cannot find ONE.. oh heaven help you!

http://web.foodnetwork.com/food/web/cachedSearchResults/0,7822,chocolate_Recipe,00.html?searchType=Recipe&searchString=chocolate&site=food&gosearch=Search
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 5:34 pm   Post subject: How easy is this..? Reply with quote

Check this out.. works out so nicely..
ZIPLOC OMELET

This works great!!! Good for when all your family is together. The best part is that no one has to wait for their special omelet!!!

Have guests write their name on a quart-size Ziploc freezer bag with permanent marker.

Crack 2 eggs (large or extra-large) into the bag (not more than 2) shake to combine them. Put out a variety of ingredients such as: cheeses, ham, onion, green pepper, tomato, hash browns, salsa, etc. Each guest adds prepared ingredients of choice to their bag and shake.

Make sure to get the air out of the bag and zip it up. Place the bags into rolling, boiling water for exactly 13 minutes. You can usually cook 6-8 omelets in a large pot. For more, make another pot of boiling water or use a large stock pot.

Open the bags and the omelet will roll out easily. Be prepared for everyone to be amazed. Nice to serve with fresh fruit and coffee cake; everyone gets involved in the process and a great conversation piece.

Imagine having these ready the night before, and putting the bag in boiling water while you get ready. And in 13 minutes, you got a nice omelet for a quick breakfast!!!

Ok good eats!

Last edited by Cinder on Wed Feb 21, 2007 8:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
USA BuyerQueen
Rear Admiral (Ambassador)
Rear Admiral (Ambassador)

Member#: 89

BuyerQueen is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View BuyerQueen's Favorites
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 6:25 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, here's a fairly quick and easy recipe for pot luck dinners or company functions. It's also a great way to hide broccoli from the kids (or me, I hate broccoli, but love this recipe).

Chicken Broccoli Bake

1 - 10 oz. frozen broccoli spears (cooked & drained)

1 1/2 cups - Cubed Cooked Chicken (I use all white meat, but I don't guess it really matters)

1 can - cream of broccoli soup

1/3 cup - milk

1 tablespoon - butter

2 tablespoons - dry breadcrumbs

1/2 cup - shredded cheddar

Arrange broccoli in a 9x9 casserole dish. Top with chicken. Mix the soup and milk together, pour over the chicken. Sprinkle the cheese on top. Combine the butter(melted) and breadcrumbs, sprinkle over the cheese. Cook on 450 for 15 minutes.

Enjoy!
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:52 pm   Post subject: Tortilla Lasagna Reply with quote

This is one for folks who cannot eat wheat products

Tortilla Lasagna with Swiss Chard (Adapted from Veg Times)

2 teaspoons olive oil
16 ounces Swiss Chard, stems and leaves separated - chopped
1 cup chopped onions
4 cloves garlic, minced
4 1/2 cups marinara sauce, divided
1 1/2 cups fresh basil leaves, torn
9 6" white corn tortillas, divided
2 cups ricotta cheese
4 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
3 tablespoons fresh grated Parmesan cheese
salt and fresh ground pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 375

In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium-high. Add chard stems and onion - cook until soft, about 8 minutes. Stir in chard leaves and garlic. Cover, reduce heat to medium-low and cook until chard leaves are tender - about 5 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.

In a medium bowl, stir together 2 1/2 cups marinara sauce and torn basil.

In a medium bowl, season ricotta with salt and pepper to taste - mix well.

Lightly coat a 10" springform pan with nonstick spray. Spread 1/2 cup of the tomato-basil mixture over the bottom of the springform pan. Arrange 3 tortillas in single layer, overlapping slightly in the middle, on top of the sauce.

Carefully spread 1 cup ricotta over the tortillas in the springform pan. Top the ricotta with 1/2 cup tomato-basil sauce, 1/2 of the chard mixture, 1/3 cup mozzarella and 1 tablespoon of the Parmesan. Continue layering with 3 more tortillas, 1 cup ricotta, 1/2 cup tomato-basil sauce, remaining chard mixture, 1/3 cup mozzarella and 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese. Arrange the remaining 3 tortillas on top. Spread remaining 1 cup tomato-basil sauce over tortillas.

Cover the pan with foil and bake for 45 minutes. Uncover and scatter the top with the remaining mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses. Place back in the oven and bake for 10 more minutes. Remove and let rest for about 10 minutes before unmolding and cutting into wedges. Reheat the remaining unused tomato sauce to serve on the side.

Makes about 6 servings.

Captain

aw

Member#: 8729

Nate is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Nate's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 7:18 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Cinder wrote:
Not sure where to put this but since it is about recipes....I got published again!!!
Congratulations!
Your recipe will be included in the new
KCTS COOKS: 10 Delicious Years Cookbook!
Ok it is only a PBS Cookbook, but my name is in black and white!
Here is the winning recipe this time. I was published with the Best Summer Salad that is posted in a forum by itself as I did not know the rules of posting when I put it up! (Newbie and all)

I taught home ec. for years. When we did our pizza unit, I always demonstrated this pizza. It did not always get a good reception at first. However, after the first brave student would try it, it was a race to see who could get the next serving!
Also great substitute for those who cannot eat wheat!

Cinder,

That is awesome that you had one of your recipes published, Congrats!!! And a great recipe for me to try sometime, I just need to actually attempt to cook one day Laughing . Thx for taking the time to post some of these great recipes especially for those of us who cannot eat wheat, it is much appreciated.
peaches
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 8483

peaches is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website peaches's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 8:20 pm   Post subject: Re: How easy is this..? Reply with quote

Cinder wrote:
Check this out.. works out so nicely..
ZIPLOC OMELET

This works great!!! Good for when all your family is together. The best part is that no one has to wait for their special omelet!!!

Thank you Cinder!!!!! Perfect for those guest weekends. (now to have guests)

Peaches
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 2:59 am   Post subject: March 25th National Waffle day!!! Reply with quote

“This'll be great. We can stay up late, exchange manly stories and in the morning...I'm making WAFFLES!”

Shrek and Donkey's Manly Waffles
(Waffle topped by Grilled Ham Steak, Poached Eggs, and Sausage-Milk Gravy) Emeril Lagasse, 2004

2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 large eggs, separated
2 tablespoons sugar
2 cups whole milk
4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, melted
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Nonstick cooking spray
1 (1-pound) fully cooked ham steak (about 1/2-inch thick)
Vegetable oil
4 fried eggs
Sausage Milk Gravy, recipe follows
Chopped chives, garnish

Preheat a waffle iron according to the manufacturer's instructions. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees F.

Into a medium bowl, sift the flour, baking powder, and salt.

In a large bowl, beat together the egg yolks and sugar until the sugar is dissolved and the eggs are a pale yellow color. Add the milk, melted butter, and vanilla extract and whisk to combine.
Add the flour mixture to the egg mixture and whisk just until blended. Do not overmix.

In a third bowl, beat the egg whites until soft peaks form. Using a rubber spatula, gently fold the egg whites into the waffle batter, being careful not to overmix.

Coat the waffle iron with nonstick cooking spray as required and pour enough batter in the iron to just cover waffle grid. Cook according to the manufacturer's instructions until golden brown, 2 to 4 minutes, depending upon size. (In checking for doneness, open the waffle iron carefully and watch out for steam. Do not open the waffle iron for at least 1 minute.) Place the cooked waffles on a baking sheet and keep warm in the oven while cooking the remaining batter and preparing the remaining ingredients. (Note: Waffle batter makes 2 to 3 large waffles, or 8 to 10 small 4-inch waffles.)

Lightly grease the grill and preheat to medium-high heat.

Place the ham steak on the grill and cook until lightly browned and slightly crisp around the edges, about 5 minutes per side.

To serve, place 1 large waffle on a large dinner plate and top with the grilled ham steak. Position 4 fried eggs on the ham steak, dividing it into quarters, and spoon the sausage-milk gravy over the ham and eggs. Garnish with chopped chives and serve immediately.

Sausage-Milk Gravy:
8 ounces ground pork sausage, mild or spicy, removed from casings and crumbled
1/4 cup finely chopped yellow onions
2 teaspoons minced garlic
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
2 cups milk
Salt

In a large, deep skillet, cook the sausage, stirring to break up the pieces, until browned and no longer pink, 5 to 6 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, remove the sausage to paper towels to drain.

Carefully remove all but 2 tablespoons of grease from the pan and return to medium-high heat. Add the onions, garlic, and pepper and cook, stirring, until soft, about 2 minutes. Add the flour and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add the milk and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and cook, stirring, until thickened, 4 to 5 minutes. Add the cooked sausage into the gravy, stir well, and cook to heat through, 30 to 45 seconds. Serve hot.

Yield: 4 servings

Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 2:28 pm   Post subject: Waffle Day Cookie Reply with quote

Chocolate Waffle Cookies

For the cookies

3 ounces unsweetened chocolate, coarsely chopped
16 tablespoon unsalted butter, divided
4 large eggs
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/2 cup plus Dutch-process cocoa powder, sifted
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour

For the glaze

2 tablespoons butter
1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
2 tablespoons Dutch-process cocoa powder
1 1/2 tablespoons milk

To make the cookies

In a small saucepan, add unsweetened chocolate and butter - melt over medium heat, stirring constantly. Remove from the stove and let cool slightly.

In a large mixing bowl, add eggs, vanilla and granulated sugar - beat on medium speed with the paddle attachment until very pale - about 5 minutes.

Add in chocolate mixture, salt, cinnamon, 1/2 cup cocoa and the flour.

Preheat a waffle iron until hot. Lightly coat grids with cooking spray.

Using a tablespoon cookie scoop, portion out the batter between the center of each waffle-iron square. Pull down the cover and cook until set, about 1 1/2 minutes. Use a fork to help you coax the cookie off and move them to a wire rack to cool completely. Repeat with remaining batter.

To make the glaze

In a small saucepan, melt 2 tablespoons butter. Stir in confectioners' sugar and 2 tablespoons cocoa powder. Stir in milk until smooth - remove from the heat.

Gently dip 1 side of each cookie in the glaze so that just the waffle lines are coated. Transfer to wire racks and let sit until the glaze has set - at least 10 minutes. Dust cookies with extra confectioners’ sugar before serving.

Makes about 4-5 dozen cookies.

Commodore

aw

Member#: 9

j2brown is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View j2brown's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 2:35 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a friend from church that cooks and does an internet cooking show that I find very entertaining. Check it out:

http://www.attifood.com/

jeff
sdg
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 4:51 pm   Post subject: APRIL FOOLS DAY RECIPES!!! Reply with quote

DESSERT

A terrific cake for April Fools Day
Kitty Litter Cake
1 (18 ounce) box spice cake mix or German chocolate cake mix
1 (18 ounce) box white cake mix
1 (6 ounce) box vanilla instant pudding mix
1 package white sandwich cookies
green food coloring
12 small Tootsie Rolls
1 new kitty litter box
1 new kitty litter box liner
1 Pooper Scooper

1. Prepare cake mixes and bake according to box directions (any size pan). Prepare pudding, chill until ready to assemble. Crumble sandwich cookies in small batches in food processor, scraping often.
2. Set aside all but 1/4 cup.
3. To the 1/4 cup of crumbs, add a few drops of green food coloring and mix using fork or shake in a jar.
4. When cakes are cooled to room temp, crumble into a large bowl.
5. Toss with half the remaining cookie crumbs and chilled pudding.
6. You probably won't need all the pudding, mix the cake and "feel" it, you don't want it soggy, just moist; ge ntly combine. Line litter box.
7. Put mixture into box.
8. Put 3 unwrapped tootsie rolls in microwave safe dish and heat until softened.
9. Shape ends so they are no longer blunt, curving slightly.
10. Repeat with 3 more tootsie rolls and bury in cake mixture. Sprinkle the other half of cookie crumbs over top.
11. Scatter green crumbles lightly over top (chlorophyll in cat litter). Heat 3 tootsie rolls in microwave until almost melted.
12. Scrape them on top of the cake and sprinkle with cookie crumbs.
13. Spread remaining tootsie rolls over top; take one and heat until pliable, hang over side of litter box, sprinkle with cookie crumbs.

It really is good!! I have made it a few times and it is always a hit..once you get past the look! Confused
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 4:58 pm   Post subject: Sweet Hambergers-April Fools!!! Reply with quote

time to make 30 min 30 min prep

2 (12 ounce) boxes vanilla wafers
1 egg white
1/4 cup sesame seeds
4 cups sifted powdered sugar
4-5 teaspoons milk
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
green food coloring
yellow food coloring
red food coloring
1 cup shredded sweetened coconut
2 (10 ounce) packages of peppermint patty cookies (anything resembling the girl scouts' "thin mints")

1. Place whole, perfect vanilla wafers on 2 trays; one with wafers facing up, the other with wafers facing down.
2. Each tray should have the same number of wafers (35-40).
3. Brush wafers (rounded side up) with egg white and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
4. Set aside.
5. To color coconut, place in small container with several drops of green food coloring.
6. shake well and let sit.
7. To make"cheese" frosting, whip powdered sugar and milk together til smooth.
8. add yellow and red food coloring til desired orange tint is achieved.
9. To assemble"cheeseburgers", use dab of frosting to glue peppermint cookies into place on to wafer (flat side up).
10. This is your"burger".
11. Now spread frosting"cheese" on and sprinkle with green coconut"lettuce".
12. Dab with frosting again and top with sesame wafer.
13. Repeat until all"burgers" are made.
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 7:18 pm   Post subject: A recipe from the past Reply with quote

This is a recipe from the then Vice President of Rainier Brewery in Seattle, Washington. It was first served in the hospitality room at the brewery! 1986 published

Beer Cheese

1 lb. med sharp cheese (4 c. grated)
1 tsp garlic salt (I would use 2 cloves smashed)
2 tsp. mined onion
1 tsp. dry mustard
dash tabasco
1 tsp. Worcestershire
1 T. butter
8 oz beer When first published it was Rainier Beer

1. Grind or grate cheese.
2. Place all ingredients except beer in mixing bowl.
3. Gradually add beer and bear until smooth and fluffy.
4. Store in covered container in refrigerator.
5. Serve at room tempter with crackers or dark break

makes 1 quart.

This could go into the food processor and add all ingredients, then slowly add beer.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 3 of 17

Jump to: