StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Why Eminem SUCKS!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Community
View previous topic :: View next topic 
Yvond
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 39

Yvond is offline View user's profile Send private message Yvond's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2003 2:06 pm   Post subject: Why Eminem SUCKS! Reply with quote

NEW YORK (AP) -- Eminem may poke fun at himself in videos, but he doesn't want "Weird Al" Yankovic doing it.

Eminem won't give Yankovic permission to shoot a video for his new song, "Couch Potato," a parody of Eminem's Oscar-winning tune "Lose Yourself," Yankovic said.

"The only reason I could glean was that making a Weird Al music video would detract from his legacy as a serious hip-hop artist," Yankovic said Thursday. "It's very disappointing. This could have been my best video ever."

A representative for Eminem did not immediately return a call Friday.

Eminem parodies himself and other celebrities in some of his most famous videos, including "Without Me," where he depicts himself as a fat Elvis Presley.

Artists who have allowed Yankovic to parody their songs and videos over the years include Michael Jackson -- whose hits "Beat It," and "I'm Bad," became "Eat It," and "I'm Fat" -- and Madonna, whose "Like a Virgin," which became "Like A Surgeon."

Yankovic said the rapper allowed Yankovic to redo the theme song from the hit movie "8 Mile," but said he would need to hear the final mix before granting the video rights. After receiving the final version of the parody -- which pokes fun at television addicts -- the rapper's representatives said he would not allow a video.

"We started preproduction on (the video) already, because we just assumed that there wouldn't a problem," Yankovic said.

Yankovic said Eminem also refused to allow him to release the song as a commercial single. It's the first cut on his 11th album, "Poodle Hat," which also parodies songs by Avril Lavigne and rapper Nelly. It's due out May 20 on Way Moby/Volcano Records.

Although Yankovic says he's grateful to Eminem for allowing him to parody his song, he's still lamenting what would have been his "most ambitious" video ever -- heady words, coming from a man who dressed up like Jackson in a fat suit for the video "I'm Fat."

"You'll just have to listen to the song and close your eyes and imagine what might have been," chuckled Yankovic.
Yvond
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Yvond is offline View user's profile Send private message Yvond's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2003 2:13 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

May 20th, Baby!

USA Legolas
Commander
Commander

Member#: 178

Legolas is offline View user's profile Send private message View Legolas's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2003 2:20 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Maybe EMINEM just doesn't like Weird AL. Not everyone is a fan YVOND. The thing is Weird AL does what all of us did when we were little. Some of us may still do it from time to time. We usually slap ourselves out of it though. Weird AL just throughs in his own words and acts goofy we have all done that. And because most of us still do it, it makes that talent of weird al not so unique. Razz

Eminem's Video's are usually serious, or just plain funny. I think maybe he wants to be the creative one, instead of having AL rip off one of his own. Rolling Eyes
Anyways, knowing the video who's fat. (I laughed at that.) I am sure it would be funny. But I still find all to be really annouying. So if I was an artist I would say no too.
Yak E. Tory
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 369

Yak E. Tory is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yak E. Tory's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2003 2:24 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, well, nobody's making fun of your ultra-nerd I'm-so-clever signature quote Yvond... well, wait, I guess I am.

But why were you guys pissed when Cocles started changing posts? Cause you regard them as yours, right, and you didn't want somebody else fucking with it? Maybe if you had laughed when Cocles did that, and said, hehe, that's pretty funny... but you didn't.

It's his stuff.

I am a supporter of Free Speech on the Internet. All opinions, ideas and concepts expressed herein are the sole opinions of the author of this post, and are intended solely as individual expression, and are not part of any willful act of oppression, coercion or deliberate attempt to change the opinions of any other authors. Any expressions of belief or philosophy are included for informational purposes only, and are not to be construed as a statement of superiority of said beliefs or philosophies over those of any and all other authors. Any use of slang, slander or derogatory names is in jest, and should not be interpreted literally. Any insinuated disagreements with other authors are disagreements with the ideals expressed herein, and are not disagreements with any beliefs or philosophies, except where such disagreements are the subject of discussion. Any disrespect contained within written posts is not actually disrespect, it's actually respect; it simply appears as disrespect... in the most respectful way.
USA Cocles
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 15

Cocles is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Cocles's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2003 2:26 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha, when I first saw the title I rolled my eyes. But he really does suck for this! What a poopy-pants.

At least he's not as bad as Coolio, who got mad at Weird Al for just doing the song "Amish Paradise".
Yvond
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2003 2:29 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, Coolio was just as bad...but when they did that Award show together (MTV?), and Coolio looked, well, less than pleased when Weird Al came out dressed identically to him--priceless.

"What's up homie?" didn't get much of a response. LOL
Yak E. Tory
Ensign
Ensign

Yak E. Tory is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yak E. Tory's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2003 11:34 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Seriously... that was a beautiful comic moment... when Wierd Al had his hair all Coolioed up. RRRrrrrrrr..... angry Coolio. Angry Eminem.
gecko
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 14

gecko is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website gecko's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2003 1:20 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahhh, I love the parody exception to copyright law. Everything would be sooo sucky without it.

Cocles editing posts isn't really comparable to this, though... not that I ever saw any of that. I find the mere thought of this annoying though, unless he had a justified cause, like discussion of illegal things or stuff that's against the rules (there's rules here?)... A practical joke it may be, but a parody it is not, and unethical I think it is. </Yoda>

Oh yeah. Fuck Eminem.
USA Cocles
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Cocles is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Cocles's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2003 1:27 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotta love it when my reputation alone gets me reprimanded. Very Happy
gecko
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

gecko is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website gecko's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2003 1:30 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Whatever, I probably shouldn't have even said anything, I really have no idea what you guys are talking about. :P
USA Cocles
Commodore
Commodore

aw

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2003 1:43 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I was naughty. Wink
Yak E. Tory
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2003 1:45 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm. Yeah, I'm not sure exactly what it was you were talking about, either. Too much "this" and "that". Cocles editing posts was supposed to be a parody?

With that face, how can you help but be naughty?
gecko
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2003 2:36 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Yak: nevermind. The whole point of that post was basically to say Cocles editing posts was not a parody.

Another thing... do not trust the graphical emoticon! Disable them! Join me in my quest to eliminate graphical emoticons and use only simple text creations!
USA Cocles
Commodore
Commodore

aw

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2003 3:22 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to agree that sometimes the graphical emoticons give a different emphasis than what one might really intend. I think trillian has the best emoticons quite frankly. Especially their winking one.
Caliburn

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2003 4:22 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Cocles wrote:
I think trillian has the best emoticons quite frankly. Especially their winking one.

Well depends on the skin mate, which one you got then? :-)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Community All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: