StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

I need a Hero! - Heroes discussion
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Entertainment
View previous topic :: View next topic 

Do you watch Heroes?
I am a Heroes fanatic! I am on the list! I am a Super Hiro!!
66%
 66%  [ 20 ]
I watch when I can, like when I’m bored with Lost.
6%
 6%  [ 2 ]
No, I don’t believe in superheroes or NBC.
10%
 10%  [ 3 ]
Besides the sandwich, what is Heroes?
16%
 16%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 30

genericdragon
Commander
Commander

Member#: 7493

genericdragon is offline View user's profile Send private message genericdragon's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 7:47 pm   Post subject: I need a Hero! - Heroes discussion Reply with quote

Save the Cheerleader, Save the World.

I have to admit that I had heard about Heroes and started watching after the first 11 episodes had been played. I kept hearing about this wonderful show from my friends, and how I should save the cheerleader to save the world. If you are just as confused as I was before I started watching Heroes, watch the show and be amazed.

I don’t have cable, although I do have a TV. Mostly my TV sits unused, gathering dust. That is it’s essential job. My TV is used only when I have a craving to watch a movie that I own for the 242nd time. This is why I laughed uproariously at anyone suggesting that I watch a NBC drama show on Monday at 9pm. That show is Heroes. I stopped laughing when I found out that Heroes can be seen, in it’s entirety, on the NBC Heroes website . Yes, full episodes. Yes, starting from episode 1. There is also a comic book based on the show, a blog from one of the characters and lots of other stuff!

Naturally my response was… Shocked

So… since mid January, Peaches and I have watched all the shows to catch up with what was happening. Then, to our surprise, we found that there were more episodes to come! Yay!! Every Tuesday after (the show is aired Mondays on TV, but is available online on Tuesday), we would sit in front of the computer and watch the new episode of Heroes.

Now that the 19th episode has been shown and new episodes won’t be shown until April 23rd, it is time for some serious discussions and possible extrapolation of some theories from the show.

I know that there are a few Heroes fans here at SST and probably a few others that I don’t know about. I also know that there are no threads about the show. That is why this one is here. Here is your opportunity to share your thoughts about the show.

The only thing I ask, in respect for the people that haven’t seen Heroes yet, is to add the spoiler tag when talking about the storyline or characters. Smile
Spoiler:
Like this.

Are you on the list?

"The thing that impresses me the most about America is the way parents obey their children." ~ King Edward VIII (1894 - 1972)
USA RobW720
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 12946

RobW720 is offline View user's profile Send private message View RobW720's Favorites
AIM Address
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 1:36 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

woot, im the only voter!

this show is fantastic. nuff' said. i love it.

My views do not reflect that of my employers.
PomPom
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 11288

PomPom is offline View user's profile Send private message PomPom's Favorites are Private
MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:26 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I am !!!!

I like how the history changes from what you expect to happen !

I'm Hero
Captain

Member#: 16007

alien_avatar is offline View user's profile Send private message View alien_avatar's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:53 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing There's one poll option missing....

- There is a Hero Sandwich????

LaughingLaughingLaughing

BTW, I checked out the link where you supposedly can watch the episodes... "This video is not available from your location."
Apparently you have to live in the US to see it. Sad
Rear Admiral (Ambassador)
Rear Admiral (Ambassador)

Member#: 7382

Twopop is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Twopop's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:47 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for starting this thread, Dragon!!
I've been watching from the day Heroes premiered. Awesome casting, eh?
Yup - I'm totally hooked.
Yemen j2brown
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 9

j2brown is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View j2brown's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:02 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

And to feed the rumor mill:

Spoiler:

Next season: new heroes, new adventures

jeff
sdg
Asriana
Commander
Commander

Member#: 11184

Asriana is offline View user's profile Send private message Asriana's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 12:12 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I just can't get into the show. Maybe the next season will make me more of a believer.
Lieutenant

Member#: 8483

peaches is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website peaches's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:46 pm   Post subject: Heros!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Reply with quote

Asriana wrote:
I just can't get into the show. Maybe the next season will make me more of a believer.

Hopefully you have watched it from the beginning otherwise, yes... you won't be able to get into it.

This is a fantastic show!!!! As Dragon mentioned, Tuesday (name) has been replaced with Heroes Night!!

I have strongly ~disliked~ network programs for almost 20 years, however this one has me hooked.

Look forward to more folk joining this thread...

Dragon - Perhaps you should change the subject to reflect ~spoilers~ then we won't have to keep them hidden...

Are you on the List?

Peaches
Yemen j2brown
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 9

j2brown is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View j2brown's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 7:31 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been away from the internet a bit, so I may be behind the times, but I found this on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWJJBwKhvp4

Spoiler:
It turns out it was actually made by NBC

jeff
sdg
USA AK-Mal_Owner
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 4415

AK-Mal_Owner is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AK-Mal_Owner's Favorites are Private
MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 10:02 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I just about dies when I found out that I would have to wait AGAIN until Apr 23 to finish the season..... ARG.... just give me a nice paper cut and pour lemon juice on me why don't you...

-tg
Nate
Captain
Captain

aw

Member#: 8729

Nate is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Nate's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 12:19 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Well with all the hysteria surrounding this show and some prodding by peaches I watched the first episode last night. The first episode didn't quite capture me, but I will give the series a chance. I plan on watching a few more episodes and if it starts to get better than I will try to catch up by the time the new episodes air in April.

Cool idea for a show and some interesting characters. AND I was not told that Ali Larter was in the show Shocked! (Loved her in Final Destination Cool)

Well on to the second episode. I shall interject my thoughts regarding the show as I get a chance.
genericdragon
Commander
Commander

Member#: 7493

genericdragon is offline View user's profile Send private message genericdragon's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 2:48 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

natedogg_23 wrote:
The first episode didn't quite capture me, but I will give the series a chance.

the show does start slowly, but it does get better Wink

alien_avatar wrote:
Laughing There's one poll option missing....

- There is a Hero Sandwich????

LaughingLaughingLaughing

yup! and this is what one could look like

alien_avatar wrote:
BTW, I checked out the link where you supposedly can watch the episodes... "This video is not available from your location."
Apparently you have to live in the US to see it. Sad

Sad

I have heard rumors that you could watch Heroes outside of the NBC website. However, most of the suggestions could be considered illegal to some or all.

Have you had this problem with other US TV network sites?

"The thing that impresses me the most about America is the way parents obey their children." ~ King Edward VIII (1894 - 1972)

Last edited by genericdragon on Tue May 08, 2007 1:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nate
Captain
Captain

aw

Member#: 8729

Nate is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Nate's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 1:01 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Well today I got the opportunity to watch episode 2. I must say that you are correct GD, the series does get started rather slowly although there are tidbits that keep it interesting. I am curious to see more even though I am still not 'hooked'. On to episode 3....
USA AK-Mal_Owner
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 4415

AK-Mal_Owner is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AK-Mal_Owner's Favorites are Private
MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:45 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

OH, you are hooked.... you just don't know it yet..

-tg
peaches
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 8483

peaches is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website peaches's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 1:58 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

natedogg_23 wrote:
Well today I got the opportunity to watch episode 2. I must say that you are correct GD, the series does get started rather slowly although there are tidbits that keep it interesting. I am curious to see more even though I am still not 'hooked'. On to episode 3....

Just keep watching... when you get to the end of season 2, oh my!! Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Entertainment All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: