StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Website remake
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic 
loveslave
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 98

loveslave is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website loveslave's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2002 3:31 am   Post subject: Website remake Reply with quote

So, the website has a new look. I like a lot of it (although it was a little bit confusing at first). I especially like that the ratings of each album shows in the request window, and the "now playing" frame is nice and clean now. The large blank area below the menu seems like a waste of space though. One more feature that I'd like to see is a note somewhere saying how much time is left until I can make a request again. If that's possible. Thanks for all the work you are putting into this, Jeric et al!
cvb
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 65

cvb is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website cvb's Favorites are Private
AIM Address
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2002 4:47 am   Post subject: Website remake Reply with quote

Yeah, just in the future... try posting the new changes in the middle of the week. I came back on Monday and almost threw out my coffee but I thought it was tainted.

So stop messing with our poor little minds, they tend to be dead on Monday as it is.

[Big Grin]
Commander

Member#: 30

jk2silly is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View jk2silly's Favorites
Skype Name
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2002 4:51 am   Post subject: Website remake Reply with quote

I would love to see a timer that resets from each request but I am not sure that is possible or feasable. It would be a lovely feature though.
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 90

Pixie is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Pixie's Favorites are Private
AIM Address ICQ Number
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2002 12:56 pm   Post subject: Website remake Reply with quote

I like how you can easily rate an album while it's playing with that link at the top. However, I liked the menu links better horizontally across the page.
I also like the large PayPal link on the left. Maybe you'll get some extra attention from it. [Smile]
The link to the stats is pretty interesting as well.
Thanks for your hard work on keeping this an easy website to navigate and a great station to listen to!
[Smile]
Caliburn

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2002 1:25 pm   Post subject: Website remake Reply with quote

It took me a while to find the chat.

But it could also be the alcohol that made it hard to find [Smile]
Trilobyte
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 58

Trilobyte is offline View user's profile Send private message Trilobyte's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2002 3:05 pm   Post subject: Website remake Reply with quote

I hate to be the first to post a negative comment, but the new layout looks really crowded at 800x600 resolution on my 15-inch monitor. The main viewing pane is so small that I had to scroll side to side, back and forth to read the posts, playlists, etc.

I like the old layout because it's cleaner and less eye-straining. But if everyone else likes it I guess we should leave it like this.
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 14

gecko is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website gecko's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2002 3:10 pm   Post subject: Website remake Reply with quote

Ack, it doesn't fit on 800x600? Time to fix it...
Fanatic2k4
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 41

Fanatic2k4 is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Fanatic2k4's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2002 4:11 pm   Post subject: Website remake Reply with quote

It certainly looks and fits nice on my 1600x1200 screen. Great job.
USA JERIC VIP (subscribed member)
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)

Member#: 1

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Skype Name
PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2002 7:37 am   Post subject: Website remake Reply with quote

During the redisign, I actually tried to make it more 800x600 friendly. If you are having problems, take a snapshot and send it to me.

Nobody mentioned how cool the Amazon.com banner is. I don't know if you noticed but it automatically finds two more albums by the artist currently playing. Most of the time it works out perfect. C'mon, how cool is that?! [Big Grin]

Please do not PM me. Use email, Feedback or Contact Us links.
AdventoR
Cadet 4
Cadet 4

Member#: 105

AdventoR is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AdventoR's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2002 9:41 am   Post subject: Website remake Reply with quote

I'm website designer and i say at all web user : "Update your resolution at 1024X768 for a greatest result on all website and for better viewability vs space. The 800X600 screen is an abstacle for us, web desinger !

I love the site like that. I have an idea for left blank, an list of user Online !

Thx ! [Smile]
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 14

gecko is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website gecko's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2002 7:37 pm   Post subject: Website remake Reply with quote

Adventor: Think of it as another one of life's little challenges. My website still works on 640x480 [Wink]
Can't say it uses web-safe color palette though..
AdventoR
Cadet 4
Cadet 4

Member#: 105

AdventoR is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AdventoR's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2002 5:40 am   Post subject: Website remake Reply with quote

Yes but compare your style and desing with an other 1024X768 True color 32 bit IE 5.5+ !
Lieutenant

Member#: 116

esparvel is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website esparvel's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2002 7:33 am   Post subject: Website remake Reply with quote

Jeric, I had realised the Amazon icons but I hadn't figured out the purpose of them, thanks for the explanation
Cadet 3

Member#: 134

Mr. B is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Mr. B's Favorites are Private
ICQ Number
PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2002 12:46 pm   Post subject: Website remake Reply with quote

IMO, there are too many 800x600 users to ignore them. I'm not one of them myself, but my websites work in that res. As for this site, it looks ok but it's a little "busy."
Cadet 3

Member#: 134

Mr. B is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Mr. B's Favorites are Private
ICQ Number
PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2002 12:49 pm   Post subject: Website remake Reply with quote

test
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: