StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Playlist polls
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Ideas
View previous topic :: View next topic 
USA Goblinmoon
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 1999

Goblinmoon is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Goblinmoon's Favorites are Private
Yahoo Messenger
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 1:07 am   Post subject: Playlist polls Reply with quote

Since my options for coming into forums tend to be on weekends I don't check them as much. However when playing catch up on the Playlist forum I notice ALOT of open polls. Reading through some have already been settled.

Is there a way to notate either the topic or just to show the poll closed with the resolution?
Nate
Captain
Captain

aw

Member#: 8729

Nate is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Nate's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 2:28 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the post and the idea Goblinmoon.

This is something the moderators could do to help bring a 'resolution' to playlist topics, but my concern is that it would be a rather time intensive endeavor.

Personally, I would be willing to help with this idea if enough of the SST community feels it is necessary.
Australia TheSnowLeopard
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 13799

TheSnowLeopard is offline View user's profile Send private message TheSnowLeopard's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 4:13 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

natedogg_23 wrote:
Personally, I would be willing to help with this idea if enough of the SST community feels it is necessary.

I think Goblinmoon's idea make sense - to move all the 'open' polls (i.e. those scores that SST has yet to obtain) at the top of the Forum and all the other 'closed' polls below them. It would tidy up this Forum a bit.

I think you should get to work on that right away, nate! Razz
Captain

aw

Member#: 13275

bpewien is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View bpewien's Favorites
MSN Messenger Skype Name
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 4:23 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Ditto Razz
Captain
Captain

aw

Nate is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Nate's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:24 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

SnowLeopard wrote:
I think Goblinmoon's idea make sense - to move all the 'open' polls (i.e. those scores that SST has yet to obtain) at the top of the Forum and all the other 'closed' polls below them. It would tidy up this Forum a bit.

I think you should get to work on that right away, nate!

Well I cannot move threads around unfortunately. The best that could be done it locking a thread. Personally I like to add a post giving a link to the album to request so that it is easier for a person to find if they are visiting the thread, but then that moves the thread to the top. So, would it be helpful to have that link in the thread to help bring 'closure' or would simply locking the thread be effective for people to know that a decision has been made regarding a potential addition?

Shocked Sheesh Snow, anything else I can do for you??!??! Razz Wink
USA zirael
Commander
Commander

Member#: 4924

zirael is offline View user's profile Send private message View zirael's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 10:07 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I suggest keeping a thread open a little while (a week to a month?) after the CD is added so people can chime in with their comments or thanks, then locking it.

Adding the album link to the thread before locking it is even better, but depends on how much work you want to do Nate. Seems very time consuming.

Or you could edit the announcement to say that if a thread is locked, the album was added to the playlist or Jeric decided not to add it. Folks seem to bypass the request netiquette though.
Nate
Captain
Captain

aw

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:43 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the suggestions zirael. I think your have a good idea with waiting a bit after an update to allow any comments. I think a week is a good amount of time and then any specific comments about the score can be made in the soundtrack forum.

J2Brown had a good idea to just add to the original post that the soundtrack was added and provide a link to the soundtrack to request from as well as locking the thread.

I think this makes the most sense.
USA Goblinmoon
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 1999

Goblinmoon is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Goblinmoon's Favorites are Private
Yahoo Messenger
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 8:24 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys! I think this will help clean up that forum a bit and make it alot easier for those of us that can't check it as often.
Poland molossus VIP (subscribed member)
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

Member#: 11167

molossus is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View molossus's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 4:18 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Today I was trying to follow an idea posted here.

I created short messages (including link to the album) about Gothic 3 and Dead Poet's Society being added to the SST library.

It looks like this:

Quote:
Soundtrack has been added to the playlist.

Here is the link:
http://www.streamingsoundtracks.com/modules.php?name=Album&asin=B00008O899

If you think any additional info would be useful, I will edit my posts in Playlist forum to meet your suggestions.

I can also try and make some more similar remarks in Playlist forum about soundtracks that has been added if you think that such short info is enough.

Edit: Oh, and my opinion is that we shouldn't go too far back in making these remarks, because there is no point in digging up very old threads.
I was thinking about reaching as far back as the first page of Playlist forum topics goes. Or maybe there is no point in going back at all and we sould stick just to remarking April 2007 (current) and future additions?
What do you think?

Avatar is from work of art by Drew Struzan
Yemen j2brown
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 9

j2brown is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View j2brown's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 7:34 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

If you just edit the first post it shouldn't move the post to the top of the forums. Either way, there's no reason to go back too far. Just do what you feel comfortable with.

jeff
sdg
Nate
Captain
Captain

aw

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 5:30 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I hadn't planned on going back all that far as not many probably search anywhere past the first page. I just planned to update as things are added on a monthly basis moving forward.

I like the idea of editing the first post so that it doesn't bump the thread. I see that molossus has already started helping out some too. I think this Ars Arcana thread, which I have edited the first post and locked is how I want to implement the ideas presented in this thread.
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

molossus is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View molossus's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 5:50 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks j2!

I made some more remarks today and now I would like to ask Admins or Mods to consider:

- editing remarks I made in any way they find useful
or
- locking threads with settled polls
or
- moving recent polls that are still open up - above threads that have been dig up by me today.

I just wanted to help in putting Goblinmoon's and Natedogg's idea into practice. And I'm open for comments and discussion of course.

Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 6:00 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

natedogg_23 wrote:

I like the idea of editing the first post so that it doesn't bump the thread.

Quote:
I think this Ars Arcana thread, which I have edited the first post and locked is how I want to implement the ideas presented in this thread.

Thanks Nate! I agree that's probably the best way of implementing this idea.

Yemen j2brown
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 9

j2brown is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View j2brown's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 7:24 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

molossus wrote:
I made some more remarks today and now I would like to ask Admins or Mods to consider:

- editing remarks I made in any way they find useful

It looks like someone handled that by locking the threads.

molossus wrote:
- locking threads with settled polls

Threads can be locked, of course, which can be done when the mod/admin edits it to reflect that the album has been added or rejected. However, hopefully the addition of the link/added/rejected info to the thread (maybe added can be edited into the initial post like molossus has been doing and rejections can be added as a new post) will be sufficient. I'd prefer to leave the threads unlocked, as folks may want to express their appreciation for the addition. Eventually the posts will fall down the forum as they age. Of course someone will always dredge up one or two, but hopefully the additional added/rejected information will limit that to a tolerable level.

molossus wrote:
- moving recent polls that are still open up - above threads that have been dig up by me today.

That can be easily handled by anybody. An additional comment will automatically bump the thread to the top of the forum (until a more recent addition appears).

jeff
sdg
Nate
Captain
Captain

aw

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 12:22 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

J2Brown wrote:
However, hopefully the addition of the link/added/rejected info to the thread (maybe added can be edited into the initial post like molossus has been doing and rejections can be added as a new post) will be sufficient. I'd prefer to leave the threads unlocked, as folks may want to express their appreciation for the addition.

I am in agreement with you here. Plus by not locking threads people can make comments in the thread if songs were not included or anything else regarding the soundtrack. I think just adding the FYI statement at the top, which I adapted from molossus' posts (thanks molossus). should be sufficient enough. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Ideas All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: