StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

I need a Hero! - Heroes discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Entertainment
View previous topic :: View next topic 

Do you watch Heroes?
I am a Heroes fanatic! I am on the list! I am a Super Hiro!!
66%
 66%  [ 20 ]
I watch when I can, like when I’m bored with Lost.
6%
 6%  [ 2 ]
No, I don’t believe in superheroes or NBC.
10%
 10%  [ 3 ]
Besides the sandwich, what is Heroes?
16%
 16%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 30

USA AK-Mal_Owner
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 4415

AK-Mal_Owner is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AK-Mal_Owner's Favorites are Private
MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 3:30 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

End of season TWO?! What the heck? We're still running season 1. You have a crystal ball you aren't sharing?

-tg
Yemen j2brown
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 9

j2brown is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View j2brown's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 6:54 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Peaches == Hiro?

Nate: The first few episodes left me thinking "Well, I could take it or leave it..."at about the 50 min (w/commercials) mark, then they would end with something that would leave me desperate for more. This repeated for the first 5 episodes or so, then things really come together. So far it's been worth the time.

jeff
sdg
Yemen j2brown
Commodore
Commodore

aw

j2brown is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View j2brown's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 8:24 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, and here's a detailed account of the Heroes panel at the Paley Festival:

http://thetvaddict.com/2007/03/11/2007-paley-festival-recap-heroes-2/

I'm sure it's spoiler filled.

jeff
sdg
peaches
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 8483

peaches is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website peaches's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 1:20 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

AK-Mal_Owner wrote:
End of season TWO?! What the heck? We're still running season 1. You have a crystal ball you aren't sharing?

-tg

I was under the impression April starts the third Season. Or at least the three set of episodes.

I must have been away from Network TV longer than I thought. Smile

Peaches
USA AK-Mal_Owner
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

AK-Mal_Owner is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AK-Mal_Owner's Favorites are Private
MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 1:50 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope, we're still in Season One.... what we have been through are the first two acts.... Season 1 ends with ep. #21 .... Then I think the next season starts in Oct. I think...

If I remember right, season one ends with the destruction (unless things change) of NYC on Nov 8 (in the Hero time line).

-tg/akm
Australia TheSnowLeopard
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 13799

TheSnowLeopard is offline View user's profile Send private message TheSnowLeopard's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 3:13 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Up to Chapter 6 here, though it has dropped out of the Top 10 shows in Oz, which has me worried it won't last. (Only Ugly Betty and Desperate Housewives remain hits!). I like Heroes, though I feel such a high concept show would be better served by a mini-series or movie (it does draw ideas from X-Men and Unbreakable).

I also feel the show, like Lost, drags at times when I want the main plot to move foward a lot faster. In the meantime, I'll keep watching. Just one question: Spoiler:
how did D.L. steal Micah from Niki's house when it was swarming with cops just the night before??

Commander

Member#: 10621

Luther_III is offline View user's profile Send private message View Luther_III's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 3:21 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

TheSnowLeopard wrote:
...I like Heroes, though I feel such a high concept show would be better served by a mini-series or movie (it does draw ideas from X-Men and Unbreakable).

I also feel the show, like Lost, drags at times when I want the main plot to move foward a lot faster...

I feel the exact same way, Snow!! But I love it anyway. And my wife loves it even more. I don't watch any other shows.

Mr. Green
USA AK-Mal_Owner
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 3:29 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, at least here in the US it's already been picked up for a second full season (21 episodes at least).... I just hope the writers can maintain the intensity and the pace, w/o resorting to gimmicks.

-tg
Asriana
Commander
Commander

Member#: 11184

Asriana is offline View user's profile Send private message Asriana's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 11:06 am   Post subject: Re: Heros!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Reply with quote

peaches wrote:
Asriana wrote:
I just can't get into the show. Maybe the next season will make me more of a believer.

Hopefully you have watched it from the beginning otherwise, yes... you won't be able to get into it.

Yes, we watched the first 3 or 4 episodes, but my hubbie and I just didn't care for it. I'm glad to see that you all are enjoying it though Very Happy
Commodore

aw

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 3:25 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

For those who gave up or are thinking about it: The first 5-6 episodes usually hit the ~45 min mark with me thinking something like "Well, I could take this or leave it...no big loss" and then there would be an ending that made me come back the next week. Then, somewhere around episode 6, the show really came together and I've been a dedicated fan since then. Maybe you should give it another shot.

jeff
sdg
USSR the_lake_effect
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 12520

the_lake_effect is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View the_lake_effect's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 7:12 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Spoiler:
Remember when Hiro was about to get shot? I was trying to explain to my brother that it wasn't him that stopped that from happening. Hiro can move through time and space, but moving through alternate realities - i.e. moving sideways into another universe is not one of his powers. Hiro can reverse back in time to before the bullet comes out of the gun, but he can't make the gun backfire or cause an alternate effect without directly physically acting upon the situation.

Spoiler:
That, would be a "Scarlet Witch" kind of power, wouldn't it?

Stories are for children, skyscrapers, and anyone wishing to reach for the stars.

The truthiness shall set you free.
USA AK-Mal_Owner
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:40 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

spoiler:

Spoiler:

Lake- At first I was going to agree with you, but then I remembered the episode where Petrelli was on the train -- remember when he encountered the Hiro from the future and was told about save the cheerleader, save the world..... time was stopped there too.... I suspect that it's Hiro's powers evolving. I think there will be a point at which everyone's powers will evolve to some extent.

-tg
USA Luther_III
Commander
Commander

Member#: 10621

Luther_III is offline View user's profile Send private message View Luther_III's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 9:42 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

So, what did ya'll think of the Season 1 Finale?

Overall, I thought it was a decent finale: it didn't go over the top, it wrapped up major plot elements while keeping us interested with new questions, included some substantial character development, and I will say I was not able to predict the ending.

So, who do you think survived the mayhem? I will guess at the following:

Spoiler:
Did Sylar live? Definitely. Did Peter live? Probably. Did Nathan live? Definitely NOT.

And what do you expect to see next season, at least general themes? My guess:

Spoiler:
We'll learn that there are two warring "organizations" whose conflicts go back hundreds of years... or something like that.

I'll be back next season, but I hope it picks up a bit.

Mr. Green
PomPom
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 11288

PomPom is offline View user's profile Send private message PomPom's Favorites are Private
MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 2:12 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

eeeeek i still have not seen the finale !
Commander

Member#: 11184

Asriana is offline View user's profile Send private message Asriana's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 7:43 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Payton and I took the turn from the darkside and watched the Heroes marathon on Saturday and the season finale. Dang.. the show has really improved from the first few episodes. I'm glad I took all of your advice and gave it a second chance Very Happy
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: