StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Will Harry Potter Live Or Die?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Entertainment
View previous topic :: View next topic 

Will Harry Potter Live Or Die?
Harry lives happily ever after.
46%
 46%  [ 13 ]
Harry gets killed messily.
35%
 35%  [ 10 ]
Who cares? As long as there's magic feasts and magic battles and magic... stuff!
17%
 17%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 28

USA zirael
Commander
Commander

Member#: 4924

zirael is offline View user's profile Send private message View zirael's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 11:00 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

BYUTenderHeart wrote:
Snape could have killed Harry if he wanted to, but didn't. That fact alone shows where his true loyalties lie. He is still a double-agent, and a very convincing one. In the end it will finally be shown why he is one of the good guys.

I agree Snape was constrained by his promise to the dark side, but he didn't harm Harry. He still could redeem himself in the end.

Harry could perish since his scar probably needs to be restored to Voldemort before he can be defeated, but who knows what will happen? We will see.
USA LOTRKing
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 13511

LOTRKing is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View LOTRKing's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 11:21 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

BYUTenderHeart wrote:
Irulan wrote:
LOTRKing wrote:
Rowling has also said that she will redeem a character, and I think most of us are quick to think of Snape (I did too at first), but the more I thought about it, I did not think there is any way Snape is still good after what he did in Half-Blood Prince.

I´ve been thinking about that and (after reading the book again) I believe that maybe, Snape didn´t want to do what he did Rolling Eyes , maybe Dumbledore forced him to do it for a reason that we still don´t know...

Snape could have killed Harry if he wanted to, but didn't. That fact alone shows where his true loyalties lie. He is still a double-agent, and a very convincing one. In the end it will finally be shown why he is one of the good guys.

Chapter 2 of Half-Blood Prince explains why Snape never killed Harry. Your response will be "Oh, but he was just lying to the Death Eaters." But think of this, despite how good of an Occlumens that Snape is, it was said several times that Voldemort was the best Legilimens in the world. To imply that Snape could deceive Voldemort himself implies that Snape is more powerful than Voldemort. I know that "Dumbledore trusted him" but Dumbledore IS human, he does make mistakes (think of the Earwax Bean in HP1 Very Happy). What's to say that Dumbledore wasn't wrong about Snape?
-LOTRKing
USA zirael
Commander
Commander

Member#: 4924

zirael is offline View user's profile Send private message View zirael's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 10:36 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

LOTRKing wrote:
But think of this, despite how good of an Occlumens that Snape is, it was said several times that Voldemort was the best Legilimens in the world. To imply that Snape could deceive Voldemort himself implies that Snape is more powerful than Voldemort. I know that "Dumbledore trusted him" but Dumbledore IS human, he does make mistakes (think of the Earwax Bean in HP1 Very Happy). What's to say that Dumbledore wasn't wrong about Snape?
-LOTRKing

It's possible that Snape's occumency is stronger than Voldemort's legilimency or else he avoided direct contact as much as possible so that he could go undetected as an informer for Dumbledore.

I can see how Dumbledore's willingness to trust and see good in people made him not question Snape's allegiances. I'm still not sure why Snape made that Unbreakable Vow, whether it was to preserve his own skin from the Death Eaters or to protect Draco out a sense of responsibility for his students. Perhaps Snape was bound by the conditions of the Vow, so he had to continue what Draco began, regardless of personal feelings. It will all be explained very soon!
PomPom
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 11288

PomPom is offline View user's profile Send private message PomPom's Favorites are Private
MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:03 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Personnally i have two suppositions :

first one : the "economical end"
As said before, the easier way for Rhowling to prevent harry from fanstorise, is to kill him. That's why i believe that she will kill him.

2nd : the end that could happen, if it was a "real" story. I still Believe that harry must die. VOldemort and Harry are the 2 faces of a same piece : good and evil. Always fighting against each other, but the two necessary. As said (once again), Harry and Voldemort are linked. If one dies the other dies too. Even if not linked, it's for harmony.
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 14592

Grenadier is offline View user's profile Send private message View Grenadier's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:19 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

The fan fiction will go on regardless, so that's a non issue. People will just write "what if" stories, in a world where Harry survived.
USA RobW720
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 12946

RobW720 is offline View user's profile Send private message View RobW720's Favorites
AIM Address
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:54 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

what if instead of him dying he looses all of his magic. Harry just is a Muggle like everyone else.

would kill off any further "HP IS MAGIC!" fan fictions

My views do not reflect that of my employers.
Germany alien_avatar
Captain
Captain

Member#: 16007

alien_avatar is offline View user's profile Send private message View alien_avatar's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 2:18 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

RobW720 wrote:
what if instead of him dying he looses all of his magic. Harry just is a Muggle like everyone else.

would kill off any further "HP IS MAGIC!" fan fictions

Nope. I can just repeat what Grenadier said. Nothing will kill off "what if" fan fiction. Wink
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 1999

Goblinmoon is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Goblinmoon's Favorites are Private
Yahoo Messenger
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 2:00 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Well IMHO, Sadly I do think Harry will have to die, or worst case sacrifice something. That's often a theme in JKR's stuff. It bites, but I don't think Harry would much like living like a muggle again after all he's been through. Plus she's made it very clear that Voldemort and Harry are bonded, almost like twins. He needed Harry's blood to restore himself to a semblance of life after all.

As to the future of HP world... JKR's says she changed her mind on killing off one of the characters. In my mind that would be Hermione, because this way worst case, we'll have the story of Ron and Hermione to continue on that world. But yes, nothing will kill the fanfic... ficcers are great at denying reality.
USA Cinder VIP (subscribed member)
Commodore
Commodore

Member#: 10213

Cinder is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Cinder's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 4:43 pm   Post subject: Wading into what will happen... Reply with quote

I do hope that Jeric never cleans out this forum!! If he does someone make a copy of all the predictions!

What about Dumbledore? He is old and wise and has been around forever. He totally loves Harry, and really worships him. What about in order to rid the world of the Voldemort and Harry as one piece, Dumbledore finally steps in the banish Voldemort but in the process he gives all his knowledge and powers to Harry. Voldemort does die, but so does Dumbledore. And who is left to head the school? Harry of course. He has the wisdom and will only embellish it more with what his parents gave him, and what his young fresh life brings to the school. Besides he has his two side kicks, and let us not forget the wisest of all, Hagrid!
He would age a lot upon receiving all that Dumbledore knows. But Hogwarts would be safe and life would go on and on and on!

As for the money side, let us not forget the new theme park that is rising! I don’t think killing Harry would set well there!
Lieutenant

Member#: 849

FoxMcleod64 is offline View user's profile Send private message View FoxMcleod64's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 9:46 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Harry will live after the final confrontation with Voldemort, but the threat of other dark wizards trying to pick up where Voldemort left off will continue leaving things open ended. Actually, I think the trio will survive, but with a battle scar or two.

I also think Draco was the character JKR gave a pass to. Snape's outlook isn't so good as double agents tend to draw fire from both sides once they've been discovered, and he will be discovered as he'll eventually slip up somewhere. I also fear for Hagrid's future too.

Germany alien_avatar
Captain
Captain

Member#: 16007

alien_avatar is offline View user's profile Send private message View alien_avatar's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 2:50 am   Post subject: Re: Wading into what will happen... Reply with quote

Cinder wrote:
What about Dumbledore? He is old and wise and has been around forever. He totally loves Harry, and really worships him. What about in order to rid the world of the Voldemort and Harry as one piece, Dumbledore finally steps in the banish Voldemort but in the process he gives all his knowledge and powers to Harry. Voldemort does die, but so does Dumbledore.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm???
Spoiler:
Wasn't Dumbledore already killed off by Draco in the last book?

Or do I misremember? (As I sometimes do when it's been a while since I read a book last....) I did the spoiler thing in case I didn't. Wink
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 9

j2brown is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View j2brown's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 6:22 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Goblinmoon wrote:
ficcers are great at denying reality.

Funniest thing I've read in a while.

jeff
sdg
kinski
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 959

kinski is offline View user's profile Send private message kinski's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 12:33 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

never seen any of them, don't get it at all.
USA Grenadier
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 14592

Grenadier is offline View user's profile Send private message View Grenadier's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 2:11 pm   Post subject: Re: Wading into what will happen... Reply with quote

alien_avatar wrote:

Spoiler:
Wasn't Dumbledore already killed off by Draco in the last book?

Right outcome, wrong circumstances.

Spoiler:
Snape did it, not Draco.
Yemen j2brown
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 9

j2brown is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View j2brown's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 4:48 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

kinski wrote:
never seen any of them, don't get it at all.

You've never seen any of the Harry Potter books?! Amazing!

Wink

jeff
sdg
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Entertainment All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: