StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Limited Playlist
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic 
USA socr8s
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 7603

socr8s is offline View user's profile Send private message View socr8s's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:20 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Everything is coming back online faster than I thought. Awesome job! I can't imagine how painstaking the whole process is. I mean, I get upset when my computer crashes and I lose everything after I last saved. It's frustrating when you need to backup your whole hard drive onto dvds. But yeah, wish there were ways for us to carry some of the load too.

Also, will you be updating us with what tracks were somehow "lost" in the retrieval process? Wink
Stonehands
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 9214

Stonehands is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Stonehands's Favorites are Private
AIM Address
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:32 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

*prays for Forbidden Zone to be lost in the transfer process*

Seriously though, you rock JERIC, thanks for all your hard work.
USA dragon_Angel_05
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 12015

dragon_Angel_05 is offline View user's profile Send private message View dragon_Angel_05's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 6:36 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Please, bring back all the CDs, including Steamboy. I'm sorry that your computer got hit with a virus. But, I know you can do it. I hope that the playlist is back to normal. So, good luck and thanks. Smile Very Happy
France Alchemist VIP (subscribed member)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

Member#: 4272

Alchemist is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View Alchemist's Favorites
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 4:32 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

The full SST library contains more than 2800 albums, so this is a tremendous amount of work!

Thank you JERIC! And Happy Birthday SST!
Ensign

Member#: 9561

pmf is offline View user's profile Send private message View pmf's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 12:19 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Writing this at "Albums: 1333 Songs: 23507" and after what was surely another painstaking weekend for JERIC.

Just wanted to put in my thank you note and mention that if Buffy albums go astray, I won't be too heartbroken.

Cheers...
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 2207

maddy is offline View user's profile Send private message View maddy's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 12:36 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all your hard work, JERIC and the other Admins. I've enjoyed listening to the STs I haven't ever heard before or have heard and forgotten about these last couple of weeks.

And ditto what Dufresne said about even a partial playlist here being better than any other site I know of...well, except maybe EFM. Wink I would say it's as good as EFM (for various other reasons).

http://tinyurl.com/ltrodr
http://www.mostphotos.com/maddys713/portfolio
http://www.cutcaster.com/studio/pub/784218913

Dufresne
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 5408

Dufresne is offline View user's profile Send private message Dufresne's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 11:58 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it my imagination, or are there tracks now that were not available for request before the big meltdown?

I don't remember the Sheryl Crow or Rascal Flatts being listed on the Cars ST prior to today.
http://www.streamingsoundtracks.com/modules.php?name=Album&asin=B000EUMPBS

It's no big, just curious. Thanks again JERIC!

~D
USA FoxMcleod64
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 849

FoxMcleod64 is offline View user's profile Send private message View FoxMcleod64's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:08 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Dufresne, those tracks were listed on that ST before the playlist was wiped. I remember quite of few people rocking out to Sheryl Crow's tune a few times last month. Incidently while we're on the subject, I think Chuck Berry's "Route 66" should be on the playlist as well since its a big part of the movie.

Back to on topic discussion: JERIC, you're doing an awesome job! SST will be back better than ever in no time with you at the helm.

Norway Choli
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 393

Choli is offline View user's profile Send private message View Choli's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:47 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Poor guys... So much work...
We'll be patient and forgiving.
Take care, guys!
Saffron
Rear Admiral (Ambassador)

Member#: 299

Saffron is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View Saffron's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 5:39 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

maddy wrote:

And ditto what Dufresne said about even a partial playlist here being better than any other site I know of...well, except maybe EFM. Wink I would say it's as good as EFM (for various other reasons).

maddy gets points at EFM for this comment. Wink
I think I should have no other mortal wants, if I could always have plenty of music. It seems to infuse strength into my limbs and ideas into my brain. Life seems to go on without effort, when I am filled with music. - George Elliot
Canada ld80061
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 18198

ld80061 is offline View user's profile Send private message View ld80061's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 2:42 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I just want to say thank you to JERIC and the SST team that is helping him out. It is definitely appreciated!
03 Feb 10 - 18:21:14 > taryn: LD Yes mooooood music Cool
USA Knighthawk_omni
Cadet 2
Cadet 2

Member#: 418

Knighthawk_omni is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Knighthawk_omni's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Skype Name
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 11:59 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Jeric,
I wanted to say thank you for use of your collection, and the time and talents you and everyone expend on SST. I also wanted to make sure your aware of the repeats in the Albums listed by the letter T. The Tom Clancy Suite appears three times. I don't know is it's just a fluke or if it's happend in other places, I'm sure other SSTer's could tell. Either way I'd figured you'd want to know. Again Thanks,

~ Hawk
USA Twopop VIP (subscribed member)

Member#: 7382

Twopop is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Twopop's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 1:04 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Knighthawk_omni wrote:
Hey Jeric,
I wanted to say thank you for use of your collection, and the time and talents you and everyone expend on SST.

Hawk, thanks so much for the nice comments from "everyone". It's really cool to see a long-time SSTer come back and post in the forums again! Very Happy

Knighthawk_omni wrote:
..the letter T. - The Tom Clancy Suite appears three times. I don't know is it's just a fluke

It's a fluke caused by listing the Album by year, in this case 1999, 2000, and 2001. We can change it so it isn't listed 3 times but it's purely a matter of choice. Thanks for picking up on that.

btw - For anyone reading this who isn't aware of the Correctons function: on every Album page there is a Make Corrections link in the upper right hand corner where you can report errors, typos, and add comments.
(That said, we have temporarily suspended making corrections until the entire Playlist has been re-uploaded. Please do continue to send in correctons, however!)

And speaking of adding comments, there is also a very cool Review function on each Album as well. We encourage you to write Reviews and rate the albums. You don't need to be a newspaper reporter or soundtrack expert to have an opinion on an album or add interesting tidbits about a composer or score you've come across. We'd love to see more Reviews!
USA LadyInque
Captain
Captain

Member#: 10281

LadyInque is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View LadyInque's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:53 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

So, has this all been taken care of by now? Or are there still tracks lurking in the wings, waiting to be added to the playlist?
Yemen j2brown
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 9

j2brown is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View j2brown's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:17 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe everything has been restored, Lady. Not sure, but I haven't heard otherwise.

jeff
sdg
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: