StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Perseverance Records Contest: winners?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic 
Netherlands stefan_nl
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 11136

stefan_nl is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View stefan_nl's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 3:57 pm   Post subject: Perseverance Records Contest: winners? Reply with quote

The playlist update of April announced the Perseverance Records Contest, and the update of May says the winners will be announced soon.
But so far no announcement or winners (unless I missed a big announcement in the forums).

Although I didn't participate in the contest I'm curious who won. And I guess the people who participated are even more curious.
Rear Admiral (Ambassador)

Member#: 7382

Twopop is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Twopop's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 4:43 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Stefan, thank you for your post and interest in this! Very Happy

JERIC has been extremely busy dealing with server issues, but he will make the "Official" announcement in the next update on 8/31/07.

That said, we are very happy to announce the following people are the winners of the PERSEVERANCE RECORDS Contest:

Alchemist
Alien_Avatar
BhelPuri

The winners' names were drawn from a hat from all the correct entries, and winners were notified when they received free CDs directly from Perseverance Records.

I'll post the answers to the contest questions soon.
USA Twopop VIP (subscribed member)

Member#: 7382

Twopop is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Twopop's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 6:07 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

PERSEVERANCE RECORDS
Contest Question & Answers:*

1. Perseverance Records specializes in what genre of soundtracks?
Answer: Fantastic, horror, sci-fi, or anything along those lines

2. What is their company slogan? “A Small Label With a Big ______”
Mission

3. What soundtrack will be available from Perseverance for the first time on June 18, 2007?
Bloodsport

4. How many Perseverance CD releases (both currently available and out-of-print) include tracks of composer interviews?
4: (Deadly Friend – Charles Bernstein; Leatherface/Texas Chainsaw Massacre III – Jim Manzie; Punisher – Dennis Dreith; Invasion of the Body Snatchers – Dennis Zeitlin)

5. Which CD contains a track by Mark Snow?
Dark Skies

6. Perseverance’s initial release of Trevor Jones’ Loch Ness sold out in how many days?
4 days

7. Which CD is on sale for $8.95?
The Least Worst Of Michael Perilstein

8. Which soundtrack is available in both regular CD and SACD?
Punisher

9. What is the shipping charge on orders to the US and Canada?
Free shipping

10. In an audio clip, composer Denny Zeitlin says he is a huge fan of composers Herrmann, Goldsmith, Rozsa, Morricone and _____?
Howard Shore

*All answers could be found on Perseverance Records web site which was pointed to via the Hint link JERIC provided on the Contest page.
Nate
Captain
Captain

aw

Member#: 8729

Nate is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Nate's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 6:32 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome! And congratulations to all the winners.

BP, any chance you listen to them once you recieve them so you can comment on how you like them instead of the CDs being relegated to 'the pile'? Wink Laughing
Netherlands stefan_nl
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 11136

stefan_nl is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View stefan_nl's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 3:01 am   Post subject: Congrats to the winners! Reply with quote

Twopop wrote:

YW Wink

Also my congratulations to Alchemist, Alien_Avatar and BhelPuri!
Vice Admiral (Moderator)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

Member#: 4272

Alchemist is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View Alchemist's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 4:03 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm so happy! It's not every day that I win a contest Wink

Crypt of the Living Dead is, as you expect, a classical horror movie score. The main theme, Hanna's Theme is subtly haunting and keeps playing in your head long after hearing the CD. Smile

Murph the Surf is a jazzy score from the mid 70s. Not much more to say about it, a nice score but not unforgettable. Wink

Thank you Twopop, JERIC and Perseverance Records for organizing this contest! Very Happy

(and sorry for the late reply Wink)
Commodore

Member#: 10213

Cinder is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Cinder's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 12:57 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Twopop wrote:

JERIC has been extremely busy dealing with server issues, but he will make the "Official" announcement in the next update on 8/31/07.

That said, we are very happy to announce the following people are the winners of the PERSEVERANCE RECORDS Contest:

Alchemist
Alien_Avatar
BhelPuri

The winners' names were drawn from a hat from all the correct entries, and winners were notified when they received free CDs directly from Perseverance Records.

I'll post the answers to the contest questions soon.

Well finally!!! I was losing sleep over this contest!!

Congrats to all...
Captain

aw

Member#: 8729

Nate is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Nate's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:23 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Alchemist wrote:
I'm so happy! It's not every day that I win a contest Wink

Crypt of the Living Dead is, as you expect, a classical horror movie score. The main theme, Hanna's Theme is subtly haunting and keeps playing in your head long after hearing the CD. Smile

Murph the Surf is a jazzy score from the mid 70s. Not much more to say about it, a nice score but not unforgettable. Wink

Thank you Twopop, JERIC and Perseverance Records for organizing this contest! Very Happy

(and sorry for the late reply Wink)

How is this for a late reply Alchemist, only a month after you made your comment Wink.

Thanks for writing out what your thoughts were on the score. The Murph the Surf sounds interesting to me, while the other one doesn't interest me at all (not much of a horror score fan). Maybe I will check out Murph the Surf one of the days.

This really was a great contest and I hope that it was fun for everyone. Hopefully there will be another contest in the future!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: