StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Personal/Favorite Recipes
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Community
View previous topic :: View next topic 
USA Cinder VIP (subscribed member)
Commodore
Commodore

Member#: 10213

Cinder is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Cinder's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 6:15 pm   Post subject: April 10th Soup Day! Reply with quote

Italian Rag Soup
Rag Rug Day

Rag rugs were the specialty of creative pioneer women living in the frontier. Originally made out of worn out clothes, many different patterns and techniques were developed. The only requirement was that they be made from strips of cloth and hand woven. In recent years, their popularity has returned as either 3-strand braided or crocheted rugs. If you're looking for a project, give it a try.

Italian Rag Soup

This is a yummy broth-based comfort soup. Especially good during cold/flu season.

6 cups chicken broth (reduced sodium can be used)
3 eggs
1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs (day-old baguette grated on a cheese grater works well)
salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
additional freshly grated parmesan cheese, for garnish

Bring the broth to a simmer in a Dutch oven or large saucepan.

Crack the eggs into a medium bowl and beat well.

Add the cheese and breadcrumbs into the eggs and beat again.

Ladle 1/2 cup of the hot stock into the eggs.

Bring the stock up to a boil and whisk in the egg mixture.

Reduce heat and cook for 3 to 4 minutes. Season to taste with the salt and pepper, ladle into bowls and top each serving with more Parmesan cheese, if desired.
Commodore

Cinder is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Cinder's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 6:07 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

This Saturday is Cinco de Mayo, which historically commemorates Mexico's victory over the French at the Battle of Puebla in 1862.

Mexican Shrimp Cocktail

* fast FAST
* healthy HEALTHY

TOTAL TIME: 25 MIN
SERVES: 4
ingredients

* 1 1/4 pounds shelled and deveined medium shrimp
* 1/2 cup ketchup
* 1/4 cup coarsely chopped cilantro
* 2 tablespoons drained prepared horseradish
* 1 large Hass avocado, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch dice
* Salt and freshly ground pepper

to go with the shrimp

Blood Orange Margarita with Ginger

* fast FAST

TOTAL TIME: 5 MIN
MAKES 1 DRINK
ingredients

* 1/4 teaspoon finely grated fresh ginger
* 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon fresh blood-orange juice
* 3 tablespoons tequila
* 1 tablespoon Cointreau
* 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
* Lime slice, for garnish

directions

1. Put the grated ginger in a small sieve set over a small bowl and press to extract the juice. Combine the ginger juice with the orange juice, tequila, Cointreau and lime juice in a cocktail shaker filled with cracked ice and shake vigorously for 10 seconds. Strain into a chilled cocktail glass, garnish with the lime slice and serve.

then...

Grilled Steak Tacos ACTIVE TIME: 50 MIN
TOTAL TIME: 11 HRS
SERVES: 6
ingredients

* 2 cups all-purpose flour
* Kosher salt
* 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into small pieces and chilled
* 2/3 cup warm water
OR BUY PACKAGED TORTILLAS!!!!
* One 3-pound sirloin steak, cut 2 inches thick
* 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
* Freshly ground pepper
* Pico de Gallo
* Chunky Guacamole
* Mango-Cucumber Salsa
* Simple Black Beans

directions

1. Preheat the oven to 350°. In a large bowl, whisk the flour with 1 teaspoon of salt. Using a pastry blender, cut in the butter until the mixture resembles coarse meal. Add the water and stir until a stiff dough forms.
2. Scrape the dough out onto a floured work surface and knead until smooth. If the dough is more than slightly tacky, knead in a few more tablespoons of flour. Shape the dough into a disk, wrap in plastic and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
3. On a floured work surface, cut the chilled dough into quarters. Cut each quarter into 3 equal pieces. Using a rolling pin, roll each piece into a ball, cover with plastic wrap and let rest for 15 minutes. Roll each ball into a very thin 7-inch tortilla.
4. Light a grill. Heat a cast-iron skillet. Lightly oil the skillet and cook each tortilla over moderately high heat until speckled with brown, about 1 minute per side. Transfer the tortilla to a large sheet of foil. Repeat with the remaining tortillas and wrap them in the foil.
5. Rub the steak with the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill the steak over a medium-hot fire until medium rare, 12 to 14 minutes per side, depending on the thickness. Transfer the steak to a carving board and let rest for 10 minutes. Thinly slice the steak across the grain.
6. Heat the tortillas in the oven for about 5 minutes. Serve the steak and tortillas with the Pico de Gallo, Chunky Guacamole, Mango-Cucumber Salsa, and Simple Black Beans.

I LOVE FISH TACOS!!!

Tuna Tacos with Onions

* fast FAST
* healthy HEALTHY

TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN
SERVES: 4
To accompany his fresh tuna tacos, chef Aarón Sanchez of New York City's Paladar makes a quick, vinegary, supercrunchy red-onion pickle. It's lovely with the warm, soft tortillas. To bump up the flavors of the tacos even more, he also adds a dash of hot sauce and a healthy squirt of fresh lime juice.
ingredients

* 3 tablespoons olive oil
* 2 medium red onions, thinly sliced
* Salt
* 1 teaspoon chipotle powder or hot paprika
* 1 teaspoon dried oregano
* 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
* 1 ripe mango—peeled, pitted and cut into 1/4-inch dice
* 1 medium cucumber—peeled, seeded and cut into 1/4-inch dice
* 1 serrano or jalapeño chile, seeded and very finely chopped
* 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
* 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
* One 1-pound tuna steak (1 inch thick)
* Eight 6-inch corn tortillas

directions

1. Light a grill or preheat a grill pan. In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil. Add the onions, season with salt and cook over moderately high heat until softened and browned, about 8 minutes. Add the chipotle powder and cook for 30 seconds. Add the oregano and the vinegar and cook for 1 minute. Transfer to a plate.
2. Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine the mango, cucumber, serrano, lime juice and cilantro and season the salsa with salt.
3. Oil the grill. Rub the tuna with the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil and season with salt. Grill over high heat until lightly charred and pink within, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate. Grill the tortillas until hot and soft, about 10 seconds. Stack the tortillas and wrap them in foil to keep warm.
4. Thinly slice the tuna and transfer to a platter. Serve with the onions, salsa and tortillas. Let everyone make their own tacos.

finally for dessert

Grilled Pound Cake with Mexican Chocolate Sauce and Tropical Fruit
TOTAL TIME: 45 MIN
SERVES: 6
Bernstein is a big fan of pound cake. She makes hers with lots of butter, then sometimes slathers slices with more butter and sautés them in a heavy skillet. Here, she tops slices of warm grilled cake with a fantastic Mexican-inspired chocolate sauce flavored with cocoa, cinnamon and chile powder.
ingredients
WHIPPED CREAM

* 1 cup heavy cream
* 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
* 1 tablespoon dark rum
* 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract

MEXICAN CHOCOLATE SAUCE

* 3/4 cup heavy cream
* 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
* 1/2 teaspoon pure ancho chile powder
* 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
* 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract

FRUIT SALAD

* 1 large mango, peeled and cut into 1/3-inch wedges
* 1 medium papaya—halved, seeded, peeled and cut into 1/3-inch wedges
* 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped fresh basil
* 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract

POUND CAKE--or buy one!

* 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
* Six 1 1/4-inch slices of homemade or fresh bakery pound cake (about 10 ounces)
* 3 tablespoons toasted sliced almonds, for garnish

directions

1. MAKE THE WHIPPED CREAM: In a medium bowl, using an electric mixer, softly whip the heavy cream. Add the confectioners' sugar, rum and vanilla and whip the cream until firm peaks form. Refrigerate the whipped cream.
2. MAKE THE CHOCOLATE SAUCE: In a medium saucepan, bring the heavy cream to a simmer over moderately high heat with the cinnamon and chile powder. Add the chocolate chips and vanilla. Remove from the heat and let stand for 1 minute, then whisk to blend; keep warm.
3. MAKE THE FRUIT SALAD: In a medium bowl, toss the mango and papaya with the basil and vanilla.
4. PREPARE THE POUND CAKE: Light a grill or preheat a grill pan. Butter both sides of the pound cake slices. Grill the pound cake over moderate heat, turning once, until golden, about 2 minutes per side. Set a slice of grilled pound cake on each of 6 plates and top each one with 3 tablespoons of the warm chocolate sauce and the fruit salad. Top each serving with a dollop of the rum whipped cream and sprinkle with the toasted almonds. Pass the remaining chocolate sauce at the table.

MAKE AHEAD The whipped cream and fruit salad can be refrigerated for up to 4 hours; whip the cream gently before serving. The chocolate sauce can be refrigerated for up to 2 days; rewarm before serving.

tanga buena comida!
Good eats!
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 6:46 pm   Post subject: Sweet treat-Churros Reply with quote

This is for Lies!!!

Mexican Churros Servings: 24

2 cups Canola oil
1 cup water
1/2 cup margarine
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup all-purpose flour
3 eggs
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon

Churros, or Crullers, are to the Spanish and Mexicans what doughnuts are to Americans for coffee breaks.

1. Heat water, margarine and salt to rolling boil in 3-quart saucepan. Stir in flour. Stir vigorously over low heat until mixture forms a ball, about 1 minute.

2. Remove from heat. Beat in eggs all at once and continue beating until smooth.

3. Heat oil to 1-1/2 inch depth in heavy skillet to 360 degrees.

4. Spoon the dough into a decorator's tube with large star tip for authentic looking churros. Squeeze 4-inch strips of dough into hot oil. Fry 3 or 4 strips at a time until golden brown, turning once; about 2 minutes on each side.

5. Drain. Mix sugar and cinnamon in brown paper bag. Shake the churros in the sugar mixture.

Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 4:56 pm   Post subject: Carrot Salad Reply with quote

This is so easy I love it! It is going to be on the table for 4th of July!

COPPER PENNIES

2 lbs. carrots
1 green pepper, sliced into rings
1 onion, thinly sliced
1 can tomato soup
1/2 c. oil
1 c. sugar
3/4 c. vinegar
1 tsp. mustard
1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
salt
pepper

Slice and boil carrots in salted water until fork-tender; cool.
Alternate layers of carrots, bell pepper rings, and onion slices in a
serving dish (a clear glass bowl is pretty). In another bowl, combine remaining ingredients, mixing well.
Pour over the layered vegetables and refrigerate . Will keep for up to a week.

Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 3:42 pm   Post subject: Cupcakes Reply with quote

This one caught my eye.. Mainly thought of Pete and his love of the drink- mojito. But it is a great drink and now in a cupcake!!! Oh mama! I did not edit out what the author said so it is a bit long.

Mojito Cupcakes

Note: This recipe yielded 30 mini cupcakes and one loaf baked in a 9 x 5-inch pan. You can also bake this in a standard 10- or 12-cup Bundt pan, as the original recipe indicates. Of course you can also adapt it to fit whatever pan or vessel you choose.

The frosted cupcakes should be stored in the refrigerator and will keep for a few days. The unfrosted cupcakes or cake can be stored, well-covered, at room temperature and will stay fresh for a few days.

People often ask me where I find the tiny party cups that I use to make mini cupcakes. I buy mine from my local bulk food store, but you should be able to find them at any well-stocked kitchen store, cake decorating supply store or party supply store.

For the cupcakes:

1 cup buttermilk, at room temperature
1 tbsp. dark rum
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1 cup butter, at room temperature
2 cups sugar
4 large eggs, at room temperature

Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Place a rack in the centre of the oven. If you’re making the entire recipe as mini cupcakes, put 60 mini party cups on two baking sheets (30 on each one - you will then have to have two racks in your oven to bake both sheets of cupcakes at the same time. Put one if the top third of the oven and one in the bottom third. Rotate the trays halfway through baking). If you’re only making half the recipe as mini cupcakes, then put 30 mini party cups on a baking sheet and then butter and flour a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan to bake the remainder of the batter as a loaf.

Combine the buttermilk, rum and vanilla extract. Set aside.

Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Sift and then set aside.

In the bowl of a stand mixer, fitted with the paddle attachment, combine the butter and sugar. Mix on medium-high speed until light and fluffy (about 4 to 5 minutes).

Reduce the speed to low, and add the eggs one at a time. Scrape down the sides of the bowl after each addition.

With the mixer still on low speed, add 1/3 of the dry ingredients and mix well.

Add half of the buttermilk mixture and mix well, scraping down the sides of the bowl if necessary. Mix for a minute or two.

Add another third of the dry ingredients (on low speed) and mix well.

Add the remainder of the buttermilk mixture, once again scraping down the sides of the bowl if necessary. Mix for another minute or two.

Add the remainder of the dry ingredients (on low speed) and mix for a minute or two, until the batter is smooth. Scrape down the sides of the bowl to ensure that all of the flour has been incorporated.

Fill the mini party cupcakes halfway with batter until you’ve used it all up. If you’re only making 30 mini cupcakes, then fill the 30 cups and pour the rest of the batter into the loaf pan.

Bake the mini cupcakes for 25 minutes and then test for doneness by inserting a cake tester into the centre of the cupcakes. If it comes out clean, they’re done. If not, bake for another 5 minutes. In my oven, the mini cupcakes took about 28 minutes.

If you’re also baking the loaf, that will require more time. In my oven, the loaf took about 50 minutes.

Remove the cupcakes from the oven and let cook for 5 minutes before poking holes in them with a skewer or toothpick. Immediately spoon the rum syrup over the warm cupcakes and let them soak it all up. Once they’ve cooled completely, you can ice them with the lime and rum frosting.

For the rum syrup:

1 cup sugar
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup dark rum
2 or 3 pieces of lime zest
a few sprigs of fresh mint

In a small pot, combine the sugar, water and butter over medium-high heat.

Bring the mixture to a boil, stirring often.

Once the butter has completely melted and the sugar has dissolved, remove from the heat.

Carefully add the rum. The mixture will bubble and spurt so take care not to burn yourself.

Once you’ve mixed in all the rum, add the lime zest and mint and let the syrup infuse for 5 minutes before spooning over the cupcakes.

For the lime and rum frosting (this will frost 30 mini cupcakes - if you’re making 60 then you will have to double the recipe):

1 8-oz. package cream cheese, at room temperature
3/4 cup butter (1-1/2 sticks), at room temperature
1 cup icing sugar
2 tbsp. dark rum
zest of 3 limes

In the bowl of a stand mixer, fitted with the paddle attachment, combine the cream cheese and butter at high speed for 5 minutes.

Reduce the speed to low and add the icing sugar. Mix for a minute to incorporate the sugar and then increase the speed to high again and mix for another minute or two. The frosting should be light and fluffy.

Turn off the mixer and scrape down the sides of the bowl. Add the rum and the lime zest and mix at medium speed until well incorporated.

The frosting should be used immediately so make it once your cupcakes have soaked up the syrup and are cool. You can spoon the icing on with an offset spatula or knife, or you can use a piping bag to pipe a pretty design.

She tops her cupcake with the nut brittle. I think a nice bit of lime zest would be better suited.

Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:23 pm   Post subject: Not your mother's meatloaf Reply with quote

Disney's Cooking with Mickey and Friends: Healthy Recipes from Your Favorite Disney Characters

Hercules' Powerhouse Individual Meat Loaves

1 medium potato
1 small onion
1 medium tomato
1 stalk celery
10 peeled ready-to-eat baby carrots or 2 large carrots (washed and peeled)
1/2 pound lean ground beef
1 cup packaged bread crumbs
2 egg whites
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper, mustard and ketchup in squeezable bottles

Preheat oven to 325°F. Get the muffin tin ready to use.
Peel the potato, using a potato peeler. Set aside.
Cut a thin slice from each end of the onion. Take off the outside skin. Set aside.

On the cutting board, chop potato, onion, tomato, and celery into 4 or 5 pieces each.
Put all the vegetables (including carrots) into the work bowl of a food processor.
Add the meat, bread crumbs, egg whites, salt and pepper.

Turn on the processor. Let it run for about 1 to 2 minutes, until all the vegetables are chopped and combined with the meat.

Fill each of the non-stick muffin cups with the meat loaf mixture using a soup spoon. Or spray vegetable food spray into the cups of a regular muffin tin.
Decorate the top of each one with mustard and ketchup.

Bake for 45 minutes, or until a meat thermometer placed in the center reads 160°F.

Gently remove each meat loaf using one fork underneath to lift out, and another fork on top to hold it steady.

Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:58 pm   Post subject: Brownies Reply with quote

Outrageous Oreo Crunch Brownies (Adapted from Ina Garten)

1 pound unsalted butter
1 pound semisweet chocolate, chopped
6 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
7 large eggs
2 tablespoons instant espresso powder
2 tablespoons vanilla
2 1/4 cups sugar
1 cup plus 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
4 cups chopped Oreo cookies about 50 cookies

Preheat the oven to 350°.

Butter and flour an 12″ x 13″ x 1″ baking pan. I like to use foil for ease of getting them out. In a heatproof medium bowl set over a saucepan of simmering water, heat butter, chopped semisweet and unsweetened chocolate until melted and smooth. Allow to cool slightly.

In a large bowl, whisk eggs, coffee, vanilla and sugar. Blend chocolate mixture into egg mixture; cool to room temperature.

In a medium bowl, sift together one cup flour, baking powder and salt. Add flour mixture to chocolate mixture. In a small bowl, stir Oreos and remaining 1/4 cup flour. Add Oreo mixture to chocolate mixture. Pour batter into baking pan and smooth top with a rubber spatula.

Bake 28-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted 3 inches from center comes out clean with some crumbs attached; do not overbake. Allow to cool. Refrigerate to get clean cuts.

In the posting, the author had used the Oreos that come out at Halloween, so there were streaks of orange!! Think how the mint cookies or extra frosting Oreo would be??
yummers!

Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 2:01 pm   Post subject: Party mints Reply with quote

These are so easy and tasty. I made them for a tea party I did this summer. Any color and flavor will do. These were done for Halloween!!!
I used yellow with lemon, pink for peppermint, and white for coconut! Tasty and again so easy!

Cream Cheese Peppermint Mints

4 ounces cream cheese, softened
16 ounces confectioners' sugar, sifted
1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
superfine sugar for rolling

In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add sugar, a cup at a time, until the mixture combines and forms a stiff dough. Add peppermint extract - start small and give it a taste, add more if needed and mix to combine.

Scoop out the dough and knead a few times until it is very smooth and stiff. If the dough is still a bit sticky, add additional confectioners' sugar, 1/4 cup at a time, until it does not stick to your hands. You don't want the dough to be dry, but it should be firm. Break off small pieces about the size of a marble, roll in granulated sugar and press into your candy mold. Remove and place on a wire rack or baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Place in the freezer (or refrigerator) until your ready to use them!

Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 3:34 am   Post subject: Recipes from Disney locations. Reply with quote

I am in a group that collects recipes from all the Disney theme parks. Here are a few I snagged. Enjoy. If you ate some great food there once and recall it and would like the recipe, pm me and I will see if I can find it!
Good eats!
~~~~~~~~~~
Chef Mickeys Meatloaf [Disney]

Disney recipe. Mice can cook.

2 lbs ground beef
1 lb ground pork
1 1/2 onions, diced
1/8 teaspoon garlic granules
2 cups fresh breadcrumbs
2/3 cup cold water
1/8 teaspoon thyme
1/4 cup parsley, chopped
1 whole egg
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1/8 teaspoon salt

Soak bread crumbs in cold water and set aside. Saute diced onion until tender. Set aside and allow to cool.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a large bowl, combine ground beef, ground pork, onions, granulated garlic and bread crumbs mixed with water. Mix well and add remaining ingredients.
Mix well and mold into loaves. Form in either loaf pans or a meat pan with sides high enough to hold juices.
Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 3:35 am   Post subject: PASSION FRUIT MERINGUE TART Reply with quote

PASSION FRUIT MERINGUE TART
Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge
Boma

Yield: 8 servings

Ingredients:

8 each 2 ½” Tart Shell
1 ¼ pounds Sweetened Condensed Milk
2 ½ each Egg Yolks
6 tablespoons Passion Fruit Puree
2 tablespoons Lemon Juice
5 each Egg Whites
2 tablespoons + 2 teaspoons Sugar

Method:

Mix egg yolks, condensed milk, passion fruit, and lemon juice in a bowl.
Pour mixture into shells.
Bake in a 250o oven for 15 to 18 minutes until set.
Cool tarts. (This can be made a day ahead of time.)
Prepare meringue by whipping the egg whites and adding sugar.
Pipe meringue over tarts to create the spike look.
Bake in a 370o oven until browned a little.
Remove from oven to cool.
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 3:37 am   Post subject: CRISP RICE CEREAL SUSHI Reply with quote

California Grill Disneyland

CRISP RICE CEREAL SUSHI

8 Chewy fruit rolls
¼ cup butter or margarine
1 (10-ounce) package miniature marshmallows
6 cups crisp rice cereal
16 worm-shaped chewy candies or
24 fish-shaped chewy candies

UNROLL fruit roll, and place, with plastic sheet down, on cutting board.

MELT butter in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Add marshmallows, stirring
until melted; remove from heat. Stir in rice cereal until blended.

SPREAD about ½ cup cereal mixture quickly over each fruit roll, leaving a
1-inch border on 1 long side. Arrange 2 worm-shaped candies or 3 fish-shaped
candies lengthwise down center of cereal mixture.

ROLL up, starting at side without border. Press to seal securely. Repeat
procedure with remaining fruit rolls, cereal mixture, and candies.

CUT each roll unto 4 slices. Serve with chopsticks, if desired. Yield: 32
rolls. Prep: 25 min., Cook: 8 min.

Sushi Bars:

PRESS cereal mixture into a buttered 13 x 9 inch pan. Let stand 15 minutes
and cut into 2 ½ x 1 inch rectangles.

TOP each bar with a fish-shaped candy.

Confetti Sushi Bars:

Substitute fruity sweetened corn puffs cereal for crisp rice cereal.

PRESS into a buttered 13 x 9 inch pan. Let stand 15 minutes before cutting
into 1 ½ inch squares. Note: for testing purposes only, we used Trix corn
puff cereal.

Source: Chef Cliff Pleau, California Grill
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 3:38 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Hollywood & Vine Disney MGM

Rootbeer Sweet Potatoes Sauce

1 quart rootbeer
1 cup bourbon
1 ounce lemon juice
6 ounces water
3 ounces corn starch
2 ounces butter
Pinch of ground cloves

Mix corn starch with water, set aside. Bring all other ingredients to a boil in a pot. Add corn starch mixture. Sauce is now ready to be poured on sweet
potatoes.

Slice fresh sweet potatoes in 1/2" circles, bake in 350 degree oven until soft. Remove from oven, pour glaze over and they are ready to serve.
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 5:20 pm   Post subject: Chocolate Crepe Cake Reply with quote

Chocolate Crepe Cake

Crepe Recipe

1 2/3 cups flour ( 250g plain flour)
1 tbsp caster sugar
3 eggs, plus 3 egg yolks
600ml milk
40g unsalted butter, melted, plus extra melted butter to brush,

Chocolate & Espresso filling

1 2/3 C good-quality dark chocolate, roughly chopped
5 oz. unsalted butter, chopped
1/2 c. milk
1/2 c. thickened cream
1/3 c. strong black coffee (espresso)
1/4 cup (55g) caster sugar

Mix flour, sugar, eggs, yolks and milk in a blender or food processor until smooth, then pour into a jug and stand for 30 minutes.
Just before cooking, stir 40g (2 tbsp) melted butter through the batter.
Heat pan and brush with extra butter, add enough batter to coat base, swirl to cover, tip off any excess.
Cook for 45 seconds, then flip and cook for 30 seconds more or until golden.
Repeat with butter and remaining batter till you get abt 20 crepes, stacking with baking paper in between.

For the filling, melt the chocolate in a bain marie. Stir in butter, milk, cream, coffee and sugar, then whisk until mixture is smooth and sugar dissolves. Remove from heat, cover and set aside for 20-30 minutes until mixture cools and thickens.
Lightly grease an 18cm springfrom pan.
Place a crepe in pan and spread with a little filling.
Continue layering, finishing with a crepe.
There should be 1/3 cup filling left.
Cover cake with foil and chilll for 1 hour. When set, remove springform pan and pour remaining chocolate filling and top with cream.

Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 5:24 pm   Post subject: Crepes for jcmonair: Reply with quote

Basic Chocolate Crepe Recipe
Here is the basic recipe for making chocolate-flavored crepes.

* 4 eggs
* 1 cup flour
* 1/2 cup milk
* 1/2 cup water
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 2 teaspoons sugar
* 1 teaspoon vanilla
* 2 tablespoons melted butter
* 2 tablespoons chocolate syrup

PREPARATION:
Measure all ingredients in to blender jar; blend for 30 seconds. Scrape down sides. Blend for 15 seconds more. Cover and let sit for 1 hour. (This helps the flour absorb more of the liquids.)

Regular Crepe Pan Directions:
Heat crepe pan.
Lightly grease. Measure about 1/4 cup batter into pan. Tilt pan to spread batter. Once crepe has lots of little bubbles, loosen any edges with spatula. Flip crepe over. This side cooks quickly. Slide crepe from pan to plate.
Makes 12-14 crepes.
--
MOUSSE
1/4 lb bittersweet chocolate or semisweet chocolate, cut in chunks
1/4 lb unsalted butter
4 eggs, separated
1 cup granulated sugar

Grand Marnier Sauce
1/2 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 teaspoon Grand Marnier
1 teaspoon orange zest

CHOCOLATE SAUCE
1/4 lb bittersweet chocolate or semisweet chocolate, chopped
1/4 cup unsalted butter
1 1/2 cups table cream
1/4 cup dark rum or brandy
2 cups cream, whipped

1. Mousse: Over low heat stir and melt chocolate with the butter until mixture is completely smooth.
2. Mix in egg yolks, combine well, cool.
3. Beat the egg whites until fluffy, gradually add sugar and continue beating until the whites form stiff peaks Fold in chocolate mixture and chill until the mousse is set (apprx 1 hour).
4. Chocolate Sauce: Over low heat cook & stir the chocolate with the butter & cream, cook until completely smooth.
5. Remove from heat, stir in the brandy or rum.
6. Chill until ready to serve.
7. To Assemble: Lay out 6 dessert plates and spoon 3 tbsp of chocolate sauce on each.
8. Divide the mousse between the 12 crepes, fold crepes in from both sides to form a cylinder and place 2 on each dessert plate. Spoon some Grand Marnier Sauce around the crepes.
9. Drizzle with remaining chocolate sauce.
10. Top with whipped cream.

This has white chocolate on it as well as ice cream and whipped cream.. your call as always!
Lieutenant

Member#: 18166

ArchitRen is offline View user's profile Send private message View ArchitRen's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 11:44 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Since this is a very international forum...

My friend taught me how to make authentic Belgian waffles last year... needless to say the recipe was in grams not cups and the like. Well, after making a couple of very runny batches (using a standard online conversion calculator), and watching his mom put loads more flour into the mix... I realized I was doing something wrong.

"It is simple to do a conversion from a volume, such as a cup to another volume such as a tablespoon. However, it is another matter to convert a weight, such as a gram to a cup. (Why? Because ingredients take up varying space in a "cup" and they can be very different weights. Example: 1 cup of chopped parsley does not weigh the same as a cup of peanut butter)"

For those wanting a good conversion source...
Check out http://www.gourmetsleuth.com/cookingconversions.asp?Action=find

I'll post the Waffle recipe sometime later... when I actually find it (in both grams and std. U.S. measurements) Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Community All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 4 of 17

Jump to: