StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Soundtrack Scoring Seminar in Hollywood - Sep/Oct 07
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Entertainment
View previous topic :: View next topic 
USA zirael
Commander
Commander

Member#: 4924

zirael is offline View user's profile Send private message View zirael's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 2:11 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Socr8s, thanks for taking such detailed notes! Your write-ups are quite entertaining. Smile
France Alchemist VIP (subscribed member)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

Member#: 4272

Alchemist is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View Alchemist's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 2:36 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much socr8s! Very interesting!

Just a note concerning the 'french singer' from Ratatouille Smile Camille is a quite known singer in our country. Not exactly mainstream, but she has a very interesting voice Smile She also dub Colette in the french version of the film.
Rear Admiral (Ambassador)

Member#: 7382

Twopop is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Twopop's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 8:56 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

socr8s wrote:
Session 3.
<snip>.. Sorry if this is too much for you all to read. Do people actually read these?

You betcha!!
Fantastic. Awesome job. Thank you SO much, Soc!!!
USA Luther_III
Commander
Commander

Member#: 10621

Luther_III is offline View user's profile Send private message View Luther_III's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 8:57 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I read with great interest, Soc, Thanks!!!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 7603

socr8s is offline View user's profile Send private message View socr8s's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 2:11 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. Thanks guys! Yes Lady, there were a lot of girls there. It was really a split crowd.

Now for some bonus features, Deleted scenes if you will, that weren't in the write-up. Just some added notes.

Bryan Burk, the producer, actually left in the middle of the session to go to work on the next Star Trek movie. It's not coming out till 2009 and he had to go to work?? Giacchino was saying that Abrams is constantly calling him to ask if he had any themes yet. He talks about how the bar is really high for his score after having composers like Goldsmith and Horner, that it's a lot of pressure.

After the session ended, you're allowed up to the stage area to meet them. And again, they tell you don't ask for autographs but you should have seen these people with stacks of cd inserts. I may have mentioned before, yeah an autograph would be great, but I know I met them. That's good enough for me. I just wanted to meet them but I gotta wait for the girl in front of me to have all her cds signed. Apparently free copies of the promo score to Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee were given out at UCLA. I want one. This woman had 2 of them. I finally got up to him told him thanks for coming and all that. Then I asked him how it felt to have one of the top songs used in movie trailers (I'm talking about Mortal Kombat). Naturally, he said it felt great and he's like "Well to tell you the truth, I couldn't tell you what songs I've done. I was watching the olympics a few years ago and these russian figure skaters were on and I yelled to my wife to come in here and check out this music. This is awesome! She's like.... Yeah, it's yours." LOL.

It's funny, can't remember if I asked Giacchino anything. Grrr. Stupid not taking notes while shaking his hand. LOL. His music is awesome though and it was good to at least meet him.

John Powell was funny. Someone asked about collaborations and he just laughed. He's like, "you want to know the secret? You take the paycheck.... and split it in 2. That's it." Guess that's how he's worked with it before, but is it always like that? He says that one composer will have a go at a song and if the studio doesn't like it, then the other guy will do it. I asked him if he likes collaborations or working alone and he says "I've already got 3 voices in my head telling me what to do. Having someone else in the mix just makes the communication slower."

Here was the gem of the evening though. When someone was getting their Bourne cds signed, they pull out another one and he goes to sign it, pauses for a second and is like "This is a bootleg." LOL. How embarrassing. Guess she didn't know? It looked like a greatest hits cd that had a bunch of his songs on there. He signed it anyway. IT WASN'T ME!!

I know I'm not the only member in LA, so next event like this let's get some more people together huh?

**UPDATE**
Not taken by me.

Last edited by socr8s on Wed Oct 10, 2007 2:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
BhelPuri
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 5034

BhelPuri is offline View user's profile Send private message View BhelPuri's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:47 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot for the detailed report socr! Very entertaining indeed! It is so cool that you got to meet and chat with the composers!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Entertainment All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: