StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Upcoming Workshops for Film/TV Composers...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Entertainment
View previous topic :: View next topic 
Germany ElJay
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 19172

ElJay is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ElJay's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Visit MySpace
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 4:43 am   Post subject: Upcoming Workshops for Film/TV Composers... Reply with quote

Hi, SST Folks !

suppose it's the best way to set up "one", only one thread under this new topic.

Feel free to post on your own, if you have some new dates about

* workshops
* seminares
* (podium) discussions

for qualifying around the core competence of film composing. So long SST is a global community don't hesitate to inform the fellows and composers 'in spe' here - females and males - about places/locations in (West/East) Europe, US/Canada, South America, Asia or anywhere in the world.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please: Always name the original source by web link people can check out the service address on their own. - Therefore don't expect a commission rate from any side and avoid simple, stupid, trashy advertising slogans. - Keep your focus onto serious informations here !

These postings here shouldn't be understood as promotion. The spirit behind always should be "knowledge sharing", which is the basis of our information based knowledge societies. Thank you.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Enjoy listening to good music ! - ElJay / Greetings from Europe/Germany/Hamburg

Last edited by ElJay on Wed Nov 14, 2007 5:13 am; edited 3 times in total
Germany ElJay
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

ElJay is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ElJay's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 4:57 am   Post subject: link collection of different workshops in 11/07... Reply with quote

... here are the first workshop programmes, I have posted during November 2007:

11/01/2007...
Workshop (short time): Getting Your Music Into Film/TV...
http://www.streamingsoundtracks.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=55266&highlight=#55266

For Film/ music composers in spe: New workshop with Shawn C.
http://www.streamingsoundtracks.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=55247&highlight=#55247

11/14/2007...
New York is calling: CORPORATE IMAGING by composers...
http://www.streamingsoundtracks.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=55660#55660

new workshop: THE WORKING FILM & TV COMPOSER TODAY...
http://www.streamingsoundtracks.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=55658&highlight=#55658

-----------------

ElJay
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 5:48 pm   Post subject: FILM & TV MUSIC ORCHESTRATION COURSES 2008... Reply with quote

Hi, SST Folks !

... still 6 weeks till end of year 2007. And 2008 is announcing early with following courses in May I just got by news ticker. The information text is just a "copy & paste". Sounds interesting. - Check it out on your own and make the best out of it. Hope, it is useful for you.

Enjoy listening to good music ! - Eljay from Europe/Germany/Hamburg

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
SCOTT SMALLEY SPRING FILM & TV MUSIC ORCHESTRATION COURSES
May 10-11, 2008 - The Renaissance LAX Hotel, Los Angeles, CA
May 3-4, 2008 - Actors Connection, New York City

** EARLY REGISTRATION DISCOUNT ENDS TODAY **
** Early Registration Discount - Save $75 through November 20, 2007 only **

Regular cost: $345.00 - includes 370+ pages of scores and sketches
Early Registration through November 20 for LA or NY Courses: $270.00
Visa/MC/Amex/Discover/Paypal Accepted

Register today:

LOS ANGELES: May 10-11, 2008 Registration Link:
http://tinyurl.com/2lh8x9

NEW YORK: May 3-4, 2008 Registration Link:
http://tinyurl.com/yw6g9p

If you're a composer who writes for live orchestra, you need to know what Scott Smalley has taught over 2,000 film and television composers from across the world.

This consistently sold-out course is a 2-day, in-depth look at the exact techniques and approaches that top composers use to get the biggest, best sound from live orchestras for film scoring recording. Through the intense, detailed study of the music of Jerry Goldsmith and others, top Hollywood film music orchestrator Scott Smalley ("Batman," "Mission: Impossible," "The Insider") demonstrates why some Hollywood scores sound so good, and what you as a composer can do to make your scores sound bigger and better.

-------------

WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING ABOUT "THE ART OF ORCHESTRATION" COURSE...

"The class is a unique, valuable experience in hearing a first class insider describe his “in-the-trenches” experiences, and advice for making the arranger/orchestrator’s job smoother and more effective."
John F., Nashville, TN

"Scott Smalley is simple and practical and the material was presented in a simple and concise manner. His information is immediately applicable."
David S., Los Angeles, CA

"Even though I have my music degree, I found this course to be more applicable to the real world and I found that the information I received in this course was information I didn’t hear about in college. Excellent Course!"
Brent M., N. Hollywood, CA

"I will recommend this course to others. It gave me an excellent insight to what is expected from an orchestrator during the scoring process. Scott’s instruction and insight regarding each musical selection was excellent!" Peter N., Studio City, CA

"Scott really de-mystified the orchestra for me – highly recommended!"
Martin D., Los Angeles, CA

-------------

At the center of your study of film music orchestration during the course are 370 pages of scores and sketches that are used as examples for detailed analysis throughout the course. With emphasis on the craft of balancing the orchestra through voicing techniques, the course provides specific, detailed information about how to achieve the most dramatic effects in each of the orchestral families.

Another aspect of this course is the importance that samplers and computer technology have in today's environment, including specific techniques that can be used to achieve the most accurate depictions of real orchestra.

***Course price includes all materials, including a SPECIAL PACKAGE for all course attendees: 2 audio CDs and two 11" x 17" books including 370+ pages total of scores from the feature films discussed in the course.***

SPECIAL EARLY REGISTRATION DISCOUNT PACKAGE:
Register before November 20 and get an instant $75 Early Registration Discount. Registration Links listed above
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 8:07 am   Post subject: THE BERLINALE TALENT CAMPUS - Febr 2008... Reply with quote

Hi, SST Folks !

... Berlin, Berlin, Berlin... Even (American) Presidents like(d) to say "I am a Berliner".

Since the fall of Berlin Wall in 1989 Berlin became not only Germany's new capital (Rec.: Before for West Berlin it was Bonn.), today Berlin can be count internationally as one of the toughest, high energy loaded centers for creativity art & media works.

Historically Berlin was always a very important centre for film productions. And today ?? - MediaCity Babelsberg, part of Berlin with FilmStudio & FilmPark is one of the most attractive spots for international productions...

http://www.studiobabelsberg.com

For the New Yorker art scene (music, painting etc. ...) Berlin seems high attractive (very cheap rents, an annual >500 Mio. EUR budget of States government for art support (subventions)) are ideal conditions. And a hot club scene. E.g. Berlin stepped forward as the TangoCity No. 1 outside of Argentina.

The same trend we find within Germany. Music, Film and TV industries move from the three big centres (Munich, Cologne and Hamburg) during the last years to Berlin.

And on it's own - under these excellent conditions - the Film Fest "BERLINALE" developed to one of the worldwide most important events...

http://www.berlinale.de/en/HomePage.html

Beside the Film Festival within the Berlinale exist a Talent Campus. You didn't know ?? - Take your opportunity now to jump to Berlin in February 2008. And visit the Berlinale Talent Campus. "O"-Tone...

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
...the BERLINALE TALENT CAMPUS...

A six-day creative summit for up-and-coming FILMMAKERS. FEBRUARY 9 – 14, 2008
Lectures, Panel Discussions, Stars in the Limelight, Workshops, Seminars, Case Studies and Excursions for DIRECTORS • SCREENWRITERS • ACTORS • CINEMATOGRAPHERS • PRODUCERS • EDITORS • SOUND DESIGNERS • COMPOSERS • PRODUCTION DESIGNERS • VISUAL ARTISTS • FILM CRITICS.

The BTC Programme consists of:
Grande Format | Atelier | Hands-On Training | Excursions | Awards

http://www.berlinale-talentcampus.de/

Enjoy listening to good music ! - ElJay from Europe/Germany/Hamburg
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 9

j2brown is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View j2brown's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 9:14 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm...seems familiar....

jeff
sdg
Germany ElJay
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 9:42 am   Post subject: topic or reply... here is the right place Reply with quote

Jeff, 1st try I clicked on the wrong button "new topic" instead of "post reply". Sad Sorry for disturbing by double posting. Laughing ElJay.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Entertainment All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: