StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

I Want to Spend my Lifetime Loving You - The Mask of Zorro

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Added
View previous topic :: View next topic 

Does the Mask of Zorro song deserve to be added to the playlist ?
Yes
63%
 63%  [ 19 ]
No
36%
 36%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 30

Boba
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 16100

Boba is offline View user's profile Send private message Boba's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 3:20 pm   Post subject: I Want to Spend my Lifetime Loving You - The Mask of Zorro Reply with quote

If this song is good or bad is not the point.

I just believe that this song should be added, since it's written by the composer (James Horner), and that it uses the main themes of the score.

Many other songs are available on SST, among them many are far less known than this one.

So why shouldn't it be on SST as well ? Smile

Please don't take this poll as a I like/I hate ! Wink

Here's a link to the song :

Music : James Horner
Lyrics : Will Jennings

*changed YouTube link by alchemist*
USA LadyInque
Captain
Captain

Member#: 10281

LadyInque is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View LadyInque's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 3:52 pm   Post subject: Re: I Want to Spend my Lifetime Loving You - The Mask of Zor Reply with quote

Boba wrote:

With all due respect, you did ask whether or not the song "deserves" to be added to the playlist. The answer to that is highly subjective, and may come down to whether or not you like the song.

Good or bad can, and indeed often is, the point. There are plenty of soundtracks JERIC has declined to add because he didn't like the quality. Then again, if personal preferences ruled, Forbidden Zone would be gone.
Boba
Ensign
Ensign

Boba is offline View user's profile Send private message Boba's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:36 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Well ok then...

I won't fight again and again to have this title added... Sad

I still don't understand very well why some songs are available, and others are not...
Just a late example : Superbad
Do all these songs really have a connection with the movie other than being on the soundtrack ?

I agree it is all subjective of course... Wink

But isn't SST supposed to bring music to every people that love soundtracks ?

If only one person or only a few judge what deserve to be here and what doesn't, it seems less attractive IMO... Rolling Eyes

But I know it's Jeric's station ! Smile And he sure has certain rights !
Only it's the listeners that somehow make the station what it is by donating money and/or CDs ! Wink
Boba
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:48 pm   Post subject: Re: I Want to Spend my Lifetime Loving You - The Mask of Zor Reply with quote

LadyInque wrote:
Boba wrote:

With all due respect, you did ask whether or not the song "deserves" to be added to the playlist. The answer to that is highly subjective, and may come down to whether or not you like the song.

Good or bad can, and indeed often is, the point. There are plenty of soundtracks JERIC has declined to add because he didn't like the quality. Then again, if personal preferences ruled, Forbidden Zone would be gone.

All I wanted to say is that since this song is written by the composer, and uses the main themes from the score, I think it would be completely legitimate that it was added to the playlist, just like many other songs that have exactly the same criterias (written by the composer and based on the main theme).

Unless of course, the one or the ones who decide to add a title don't like it... Which I accept, though I disagree with it ! Wink
USA LadyInque
Captain
Captain

LadyInque is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View LadyInque's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 5:08 pm   Post subject: Re: I Want to Spend my Lifetime Loving You - The Mask of Zor Reply with quote

Boba wrote:

All I wanted to say is that since this song is written by the composer, and uses the main themes from the score, I think it would be completely legitimate that it was added to the playlist, just like many other songs that have exactly the same criterias (written by the composer and based on the main theme).

Now THAT is something non-subjective, that I can get behind, even though I still dislike the song.
USA thuringwethil
Captain
Captain

Member#: 7505
Location: Deep in the heart of Texas, formerly from the Heart of Dixie

thuringwethil is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View thuringwethil's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger Skype Name
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 5:13 pm   Post subject: Re: I Want to Spend my Lifetime Loving You - The Mask of Zor Reply with quote

LadyInque wrote:
Then again, if personal preferences ruled, Forbidden Zone would be gone.

NEVAH!
Lieutenant

Member#: 18923

Dragon-fly is offline View user's profile Send private message Dragon-fly's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 4:05 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I vote Yes,

since I'm in the 'I Want to Spend my Lifetime Loving You' mood (I'm going to get engaged this Christmas Very Happy ).

And Merry Christmas to everyone Smile [/i]
USA weaponlordzero
Captain
Captain

Member#: 15677

weaponlordzero is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View weaponlordzero's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 5:48 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I like it fine. I vote yes.
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 8:09 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Dragon-fly wrote:
since I'm in the 'I Want to Spend my Lifetime Loving You' mood (I'm going to get engaged this Christmas Very Happy ). [/i]

Mazel Tov, Mabrook, and Congratulations to you, Dragon-fly. Which one of you is doing the asking?
USA JERIC VIP (subscribed member)
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)

Member#: 1

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Skype Name
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 7:55 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

*added*

Please do not PM me. Use email, Feedback or Contact Us links.
Elco
Cadet 1
Cadet 1

Member#: 16436

Elco is offline View user's profile Send private message Elco's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 5:25 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yes yes yes !
I love this song Smile
USA weaponlordzero
Captain
Captain

Member#: 15677

weaponlordzero is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View weaponlordzero's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 5:48 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

See Boba, persistence does pay off. Smile
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 6:36 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Jeric !
Boba
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:16 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Six years later, it's somehow funny to see that this song is the most requested track of the soundtrack ! Very Happy

Last edited by Boba on Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Canada Last_Starfighter
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 29174

Last_Starfighter is offline View user's profile Send private message View Last_Starfighter's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:29 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Boba wrote:
Six years later, it's somehow funny to see that this song is the most resquested track of the soundtrack ! Very Happy
We have ALOT of romantics here at SST! I own the cd and it's one of my fave tracks on there too Very Happy Hard to believe it was omitted at 1st...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Added All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: