StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Short Track Day
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Ideas
View previous topic :: View next topic 

What do you think of a short track day each month?
Works for me.
52%
 52%  [ 10 ]
Naaa no one cares about those little bits of music anyway.
15%
 15%  [ 3 ]
I might pick one now and again or not pick one depends on my mood.
31%
 31%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 19

USA Cinder VIP (subscribed member)
Commodore
Commodore

Member#: 10213

Cinder is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Cinder's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 4:39 pm   Post subject: Short Track Day Reply with quote

SHORT TRACK DAY

In most sound tracks there are a number of short tracks that never get played. They have merit too, we just like the longer ones better!
The late night/Early Euro group was chatting about this Thursday morning and came up with a plan..
Three Moderators were watching the chat.. and chimed in also.
The 21st of each month we play short tracks. Anything under a minute and half.
Now there is a wee hurdle on June 21, it is already set up for Long track day being the longest day of the year. So we could skip it or just do it as we can, or short track it the next day, 22nd.

I am not the ring leader of this just the messenger girl.
Ok let the sparks fly.. what do you think?
Captain

Member#: 16007

alien_avatar is offline View user's profile Send private message View alien_avatar's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 4:51 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm against doing it monthly or to any kind of scheduling really. Personally I work my way through entire albums and they usually got long and short tracks in them... eventually I'll pick them all. Smile
Usually there are plenty of short tracks in the queue (at least that's what I feel), so there's no real need for extra days for them.
Once a year on December 21 is enough for me.
Captain
Captain

Member#: 10281

LadyInque is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View LadyInque's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 5:49 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with the alien. Smile
I like short track day. I think it would lose its novelty and appeal if it happened every month.

However, I am always in favor of short tracks during a regular queue, because they can serve as wonderful palate cleansers between heartier... tracks. The metaphor got away from me there, sorry.
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 13749

Ladylark is offline View user's profile Send private message View Ladylark's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:45 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the idea, because there are some slbums that are pretty much just all short tracks with only a few 2 or 3 minute tracks and those are the only tracks that are played on them - Hunt for Red October comes to mind. Also just like we have a random day, this isn't a bad idea and it can be fun. I know I will likely poke at it on the day just to see what I can find.
USA weaponlordzero
Captain
Captain

Member#: 15677

weaponlordzero is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View weaponlordzero's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 3:00 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, if we go for a short track day, the queue will stay smaller and we would get to choose more often. I'm torn on this one...
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 4415

AK-Mal_Owner is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AK-Mal_Owner's Favorites are Private
MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 8:57 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, it wouldn't make a diff to some of us.... 1) I'd still only be able to request every couple of hours... and 2) I'd still miss my requests.... only I'd miss them faster.

-tg/akm
Yemen j2brown
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 9

j2brown is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View j2brown's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 9:35 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

weaponlordzero wrote:
the queue will stay smaller

No it won't. In fact, it may be longer.

jeff
sdg
USA weaponlordzero
Captain
Captain

weaponlordzero is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View weaponlordzero's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 12:51 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting.......... If the queue will not decrease... then there really isn't any benefit to narrowing all picks to short tracks. Since there are a very large amount of SSTers that do not read the comments nor the forums, they would be selecting normally. If you wanted to hear a short track, you would pick it and still end up waiting just as long. *Hugs* to Cinder but with this in mind, I will have to vote no.
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

Member#: 4272

Alchemist is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View Alchemist's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 2:20 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the request wait is not shorter but can the queue sometimes reaches 70+ items which is quite unusual on normal days. I quite like the idea and voted Yes!

And... if there would be only one Short Track Day... It would be TODAY! Cool
Lieutenant Commander

AK-Mal_Owner is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AK-Mal_Owner's Favorites are Private
MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 11:57 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Well.... I for one think short track day turned kind of a bust.... ALL of the 1-16 second tracks got loaded.... took the fun out of it I think....
And now that they've all been played.... now what?

-tg
Nate
Captain
Captain

aw

Member#: 8729

Nate is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Nate's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 12:04 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I am on the other side then AK, I thought it was AWESOME. Best short track day I have been a part of and I loved having all the 1-16 second tracks play. It was a different experience then what we normally get to hear.

And I think short tracks are basically any track under 2 minutes long and there are a ton of songs to choose from that are 17 seconds to 2 minutes long Wink
USA AK-Mal_Owner
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 12:09 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

My beef isn't with Short Track Day in general.... I don't mind that... part of the fun though is searching out those short tracks and requesting them... then giving people grief when "long" tracks are selected.... Maybe it would have felt different if the tracks had been shuffled and not all 1-sec, then all 2-sec...etc.

I dunno.... maybe I'm just getting cantankerous... I hate the holidays sometimes and doubly this year. I'll go away now...

-tg/akm
USA LadyInque
Captain
Captain

Member#: 10281

LadyInque is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View LadyInque's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 12:21 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I know how you feel, AK. Yes, it was all over in about six minutes, but the SAM requests did take some of the fun out of finding them for ourselves. I think it made some people feel shut out of the queue, though their requests were still noted and did play. That part may have been made better by, say, playing all the 1-10 second tracks, taking a breather for an hour, then all the 11-15 tracks, and so on.

I know I was a little disappointed when I saw all the SAM tracks in the queue. It was a stunt, and it was fun, but it also maybe didn't work as well as the day is supposed to. I don't think that missing any of those tracks would have been a bad thing, and it's better to let the SSTers do the requesting, even if it is JERIC's birthday. Wink I just realized those sentences were really long.

It's just a little disheartening to see nothing but SAM requests in the queue. I think that's part of what AK is feeling. I know it's what I felt, and others may agree.

Maybe there should have been some warning.
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 12:33 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmmmm... Now that I've gotten a little taste today... It is pretty neat to hear the tracks...
Ensign

Member#: 14634

Fairycat is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Fairycat's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 2:40 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

At first I wasn't sure what to think about it when SAM took over. But it was kind of neat once the countdown from 1 second to 15 seconds began. I got some strange looks from my fellow co-workers that couldn't figure out what I was listening too. It cracked me up. I wouldn't mind if we did it again.
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: