StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Theme Day Idea: The silent movies day

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Ideas
View previous topic :: View next topic 

Theme Day Idea: The silent movies day
Yes. I like.
16%
 16%  [ 1 ]
Not. I don't like.
83%
 83%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 6

FHarlock
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 10022

FHarlock is offline View user's profile Send private message FHarlock's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 1:01 pm   Post subject: Theme Day Idea: The silent movies day Reply with quote

The music score in cinemas not star with sonoriced films, stars before. But the sonoriced films change the sound in the films.

Many people don't like the silent films because they are habitued to wacht sonorized films.

Think that movies can be silent, but music is play specific for the film in direct. That made is not only one valid score for one film, and not score is made in the year of the film. I have The General by Buster Keaton, with 3 diferent scores, the newest by Joe Hisaishi few years ago.

I suggest for these day, the aniversar of Jazz Singer was show for first time, the day that one music film type dead. The day the sonoriced star, I would like remenber the music we put away.
USA LadyInque
Captain
Captain

Member#: 10281

LadyInque is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View LadyInque's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 1:22 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

This is an interesting idea. Not knowing much about Silent Films, I wonder if we have enough score to make a day out of it. What albums did you have in mind?

Actually, now that I write this, I'm being silly. Silent movies don't have soundtracks, do they? The music was often, if not always, supplied live by an organist, and I don't think there were really scores for these films. I thought it was up to the organist.

My old piano teacher used to play for silent films all the time. Tells you how old she is, don't it. Here she is:
http://www.saengeramusements.com/music/rosario/rosario.htm
FHarlock
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 10022

FHarlock is offline View user's profile Send private message FHarlock's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 1:45 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I wonder if we have enough score to make a day out of it.

Now, I think in database is not enough, but these can be the oportunity to requets to complete the hole.

Some editions.

The General: http://www.soundtrackcollector.com/catalog/soundtrackdetail.php?movieid=68377
Chaplin has conposed many for his films: http://www.soundtrackcollector.com/catalog/composerdiscography.php?composerid=1276
Nosferatu:
http://www.soundtrackcollector.com/catalog/soundtrackdetail.php?movieid=9321
Metropolis: http://www.soundtrackcollector.com/catalog/soundtrackdetail.php?movieid=2137

One idea, can be donate the dvd and ripped only music track divided in episodies. Usually is the cut betwen two tracks.
USA Fairycat
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 14634

Fairycat is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Fairycat's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 2:43 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Do we even have any soundtracks from slient movies?
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: