StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Theme Day Idea: The day of the new composers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Ideas
View previous topic :: View next topic 

Theme Day Idea: The day of the new composers
Yes, It is good idea promotion new valuers.
50%
 50%  [ 5 ]
Not, if it is good, it wins the fame.
50%
 50%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 10

FHarlock
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 10022

FHarlock is offline View user's profile Send private message FHarlock's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 12:51 pm   Post subject: Theme Day Idea: The day of the new composers Reply with quote

I think one day must be for the new composers, is important new people can be promotioned. How can they do new work if only works the same?

New composers, would be composer has 3 or less than 3 scores edited. If do another score and has 4, they would be out for the day.

I am not sure what day can be suggested. I think it will be interesting was doing near of one festival of new directors films.
USA zirael
Commander
Commander

Member#: 4924

zirael is offline View user's profile Send private message View zirael's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 8:41 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

FHarlock, it's a good idea to promote new composers, but most folks probably don't have the time to find out which composers have 3 or fewer released scores.

Could you start a list of composers represented at SST that qualify? Then other members can add their suggestions.
Poland molossus VIP (subscribed member)
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

Member#: 11167

molossus is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View molossus's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 5:19 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

zirael wrote:
FHarlock, it's a good idea to promote new composers, but most folks probably don't have the time to find out which composers have 3 or fewer released scores.

100% agreed, zirael.
And one will have to refresh the list of composers again and again to keep it up-to-date. This requires even more time.

That's why I voted "no" earlier.
Sorry. I think general idea to promote new composers is good but this kind of theme day would be a bit to complicated to execute it.

Avatar is from work of art by Drew Struzan
USA weaponlordzero
Captain
Captain

Member#: 15677

weaponlordzero is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View weaponlordzero's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 10:37 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the idea, but I agree that it would be too difficult to find these composers. I will have to vote no also.
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 5034

BhelPuri is offline View user's profile Send private message View BhelPuri's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 12:32 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

You might want to relax the constraints a bit instead of 3 or less scores. How about picking from lesser known composers? Just browse through composer names and pick someone you have not heard of and request something from them.
Poland molossus VIP (subscribed member)
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

Member#: 11167

molossus is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View molossus's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 1:03 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I like what BP said.
I would be happy to be part of theme day during which we would be picking composers we know less.

Avatar is from work of art by Drew Struzan
FHarlock
Ensign
Ensign

FHarlock is offline View user's profile Send private message FHarlock's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 8:32 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Could you start a list of composers represented at SST that qualify? Then other members can add their suggestions.

I proposed the day, because I don't know who are they new valors of film music composing. I think coul be easy administrator query to database the composer with 3 or less soundtracks.

Quote:
And one will have to refresh the list of composers again and again to keep it up-to-date. This requires even more time.

One time per year. If is do by someone that have acces direct to database, can be do in 5 minutes.
USA weaponlordzero
Captain
Captain

Member#: 15677

weaponlordzero is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View weaponlordzero's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 10:22 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

The only other issue is the fact that SST, although it has a plethora of soundtracks, it doesn't have all of the soundtracks ever. There are most likely composers on SST that have 3 or less ST's that have been around for a long time. One example would be the videogame soundtracks. It's not unusual for the composer to be someone you never heard of that only does videogames. As a result, it's likely they would only have one - three soundtrack in the library.
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 12:27 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I think, that the most new albums are incorporate in streamingssoundtracks. The newest scores, almost are here, old and clasics score if the score. Game soundtracks is recent incorporation, but I think is growing good and very fast.

We can do one thing, the day of new and not recognoceided composer, 3 or less scores and the oldest score of the compositor must be 5 or less years ago.

If only has one score, but is made 15 years ago, only made few and not has fame. Is not a new compositor. With these, every year, new composer enter, and old composers go out of list.

I think maximum 3 scores and 5 years is good definition for new composers.
France masked_platypus VIP (subscribed member)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

Member#: 18358

masked_platypus is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View masked_platypus's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 9:36 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with weaponlordzero.
For exemple, for most of the french composers, we can find only two or three scores. Take Vladimir Cosma, Francis Lai, Bruno Coulais, Michel Magne... and they are not new composers.

FHarlock, I think that you should request them and put in the message something like "Hey, listen to this, it's a new composer" or something like that.

So, that's a no for me too...
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: