StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

When the Wind Blows, 25 min "song"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic 
Wolf
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 16

Wolf is offline View user's profile Send private message Wolf's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2002 2:10 am   Post subject: When the Wind Blows, 25 min "song" Reply with quote

Three words: GET RID OF IT! (Ok it is actually four words, sue me.)

This is the third or fouth time I hear this song in as many days! It is really lame and boring slow moving track. Cant we get it removed from the requestable list? [Frown]
Cadet 1

Member#: 138

cheeseboy is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail cheeseboy's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2002 2:12 am   Post subject: When the Wind Blows, 25 min "song" Reply with quote

Leave it there, it may be slow but the end is good.. I have to sit and suffer loads of boring music but thats the way it goes!
esparvel
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 116

esparvel is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website esparvel's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2002 2:15 am   Post subject: When the Wind Blows, 25 min "song" Reply with quote

I voted in Cal's Poll that long songs should be kept available but this song is making me to regret my decission. Please make it unavailable, three times in two working days is even too much for me (I love Pink Floyd but not that much)
Cadet 1

Member#: 137

dralli is offline View user's profile Send private message dralli's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2002 2:34 am   Post subject: When the Wind Blows, 25 min "song" Reply with quote

A suggestion for the long songs:

For every minute of a song's playtime, the song is locked for 15 minutes. Since the played-queue is very long and therefore it's for most songs irrelevant, see this as an "extra-time" after the song went off the list.

Just an idea [Smile]

- Dralli
Trilobyte
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 58

Trilobyte is offline View user's profile Send private message Trilobyte's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2002 3:34 pm   Post subject: When the Wind Blows, 25 min "song" Reply with quote

I say keep it. If it keeps getting requested, someone out there must like it. There are a lot more worse tracks than this in my opinion.
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 14

gecko is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website gecko's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2002 9:04 am   Post subject: When the Wind Blows, 25 min "song" Reply with quote

Speaking of long songs, someone just played the entire Fight Club movie. I don't know whose idea it was, but I listened to the whole thing. I somehow managed to tune in right as it was beginning, which happened to coincide with the beginning of my class, and was henceforth distracted from all my work so I just decided to give up on it and listen to the movie. Pretty good, now I have to SEE it. It wasn't what I was expecting. Hehe. What a cool movie. Now, how did Jeric manage to get the entire movie sound and play it here? Well, whatever. Hehehe. Man. Crazy. I'm still confused though, hearing a whole movie here is the last thing I expected. [Smile]
Caliburn

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2002 11:22 pm   Post subject: When the Wind Blows, 25 min "song" Reply with quote

It was an insane idea Jeric, but I loved it [Big Grin] . Too bad the movie started just before I was off from work. Fight club was a good choice too, no images are needed for that movie.

Oh and about excepting Esparvels' Gladiator request, many thanks :-)

IMHO yesterday was a nice alternative for 'down-for-maintaince' days.

Job well done.
USA JERIC VIP (subscribed member)
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)

Member#: 1

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Skype Name
PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2002 3:38 am   Post subject: When the Wind Blows, 25 min "song" Reply with quote

Thanks guys. I got some mixed feedback from this. I think I'll play it again the next time requests go down but I'll playing it in the evening when it is more appropriate time for most of the listeners. I have to admit I was laughing my ass off in my cuiblce though. I was going to play the whole movie to The Nightmare Before Christmas the next morning but requests cam back up. Maybe next time. [Big Grin]

Please do not PM me. Use email, Feedback or Contact Us links.
USA JERIC VIP (subscribed member)

Member#: 1

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Skype Name
PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2002 9:48 am   Post subject: When the Wind Blows, 25 min "song" Reply with quote

I broke it up into different songs. Is that a good compromise? [Big Grin]

Please do not PM me. Use email, Feedback or Contact Us links.
esparvel
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 116

esparvel is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website esparvel's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2002 10:02 am   Post subject: When the Wind Blows, 25 min "song" Reply with quote

I think that's a great idea, I mean, I wasn't feeling like erasing a soundtrack song but on the other side it was too long, your solution is perfect to me.
Cadet 1

Member#: 159

fight club is offline View user's profile Send private message fight club's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2002 8:38 pm   Post subject: When the Wind Blows, 25 min "song" Reply with quote

play fight club movie again? Yes please!!!!

Got any other movies you could play??
More movies! More movies!
fight club
Cadet 1
Cadet 1

Member#: 159

fight club is offline View user's profile Send private message fight club's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2002 8:43 pm   Post subject: When the Wind Blows, 25 min "song" Reply with quote

While on the subject of listening to whole movies... why not let us vote on a movie to
be played each night? That would be COOL!
USA Trinity3777
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

aw

Member#: 124

Trinity3777 is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Trinity3777's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2002 4:33 pm   Post subject: When the Wind Blows, 25 min "song" Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by fight club:
While on the subject of listening to whole movies... why not let us vote on a movie to
be played each night? That would be COOL!

I'm sure the idea was said with good intent, but playing an entire movie score each night might be a bit much. Why not just request a couple of your favorite tracks at a time and listen to it that way? No offense, but an entire movie score is a bit too long to play at one time, and I bet a majority of the other listeners feel the same way. But, that's only an opinion.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: