StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

read on... quotes worth quoting
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Community
View previous topic :: View next topic 
USA Cinder VIP (subscribed member)
Commodore
Commodore

Member#: 10213

Cinder is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Cinder's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 1:35 pm   Post subject: read on... quotes worth quoting Reply with quote

QUOTES WORTH QUOTING:

Sometimes, when I look at my children, I say to myself ,'

Lillian, you should have remained a virgin.'
-- Lillian Carter (mother of Jimmy Carter)

I had a rose named after me and I was very flattered.

But I was not pleased to read the description in the catalog:'
No good in a bed, but fine against a wall.'
-- Eleanor Roosevelt

Last week, I stated this woman was the ugliest woman I had ever seen. I have since been visited by her sister, and now wish to withdraw that statement.
-- Mark Twain

The secret of a good sermon is to have a good beginning and a good ending; and to have the two as close together as possible.
-- George Burns

Santa Clause has the right idea. Visit people only once a year.
-- Victor Borge

Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint.
-- Mark Twain

By all means, marry. If you get a good wife, you'll become happy; if you get a bad one, you'll become a philosopher.
-- Socrates

I was married by a judge. I should have asked for a jury.
-- Groucho Marx

My wife has a slight impediment in her speech. Every now and then she stops to breathe.
-- Jimmy Durante

I have never hated a man enough to give his diamonds back.
-- Zsa Zsa Gabor

Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat.
-- Alex Levine

My luck is so bad that if I bought a cemetery, people would stop dying.
-- Rodney Dangerfield

Money can't buy you happiness .. But it does bring you a more pleasant form of misery.
-- Spike Milligan

Until I was thirteen, I thought my name was SHUT UP.
-- Joe Namath

I don't feel old. I don't feel anything until noon Then it's time for my nap.
-- Bob Hope

I never drink water because of the disgusting things that fish do in it.
-- W.C. Fields

We could certainly slow the aging process down if it had to work its way through Congress.
-- Will Rogers

Don't worry about avoiding temptation. As you grow older, it will avoid you.
-- Winston Churchill

Maybe it's true that life begins at fifty .. But everything else starts to wear out, fall out, or spread out.
-- Phyllis Diller

By the time a man is wise enough to watch his step, he's too old to go anywhere.
-- Billy Crystal

The cardiologist's diet:
If it tastes good, spit it out.
Captain

Member#: 15677

weaponlordzero is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View weaponlordzero's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 2:51 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, pretty good assortment of quotes Smile
Admiral (Administrator)

Member#: 11167

molossus is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View molossus's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 8:07 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Cinder! I really enjoyed it Smile

Avatar is from work of art by Drew Struzan
Commodore
Commodore

Cinder is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Cinder's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 5:27 am   Post subject: Christmas Quotes Reply with quote

Bernard Manning
I once bought my kids a set of batteries for Christmas with a note on it saying, toys not included.

Bing Crosby
Unless we make Christmas an occasion to share our blessings, all the snow in Alaska won't make it 'white'.

Winston Churchill
We make a living by what we get but we make a life by what we give.

Charles Dickens, The Pickwick Papers, 1836
Happy, happy Christmas, that can win us back to the delusions of our childish days; that can recall to the old man the pleasures of his youth; that can transport the sailor and the traveler, thousands of miles away, back to his own fire-side and his quiet home!

W.T. Ellis
It is Christmas in the heart that puts Christmas in the air.

Burton Hillis
The best of all gifts around any Christmas tree: the presence of a happy family all wrapped up in each other.

Norman Vincent Peale
Christmas waves a magic wand over this world, and behold, everything is softer and more beautiful.

Francis C. Farley
Instead of being a time of unusual behavior, Christmas is perhaps the only time in the year when people can obey their natural impulses and express their true sentiments without feeling self-conscious and, perhaps, foolish. Christmas, in short, is about the only chance a man has to be himself.
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 3:07 pm   Post subject: New Year's Eve quote or quota! Reply with quote

Mark Twain
New Year's is a harmless annual institution, of no particular use to anybody save as a scapegoat for promiscuous drunks, and friendly calls and humbug resolutions.

Brooks Atkinson
Drop the last year into the silent limbo of the past. Let it go, for it was imperfect, and thank God that it can go.

Bill Vaughan
Youth is when you're allowed to stay up late on New Year's Eve. Middle age is when you're forced to.

Jay Leno
Now there are more overweight people in America than average-weight people. So overweight people are now average… which means, you have met your New Year's resolution.

James Agate
New Year's Resolution: To tolerate fools more gladly, provided this does not encourage them to take up more of my time.

Eric Zorn
Making resolutions is a cleansing ritual of self assessment and repentance that demands personal honesty and, ultimately, reinforces humility. Breaking them is part of the cycle.

Bill Vaughan
An optimist stays up until midnight to see the New Year in. A pessimist stays up to make sure the old year leaves.

Charles Lamb
New Year's Day is every man's birthday.

Oprah Winfrey
Cheers to a New Year and another chance for us to get it right.

Mark Twain
New Year's Day… now is the accepted time to make your regular annual good resolutions. Next week you can begin paving the underworld [the H word was here] with them as usual.

Judith Crist
Happiness is too many things these days for anyone to wish it on anyone lightly. So let's just wish each other a bile-less New Year and leave it at that.

Anonymous
Many people look forward to the New Year for a new start on old habits.

Joey Adams
May all your troubles last as long as your New Year's resolutions!

Anais Nin
I made no resolutions for the New Year. The habit of making plans, of criticizing, sanctioning and molding my life, is too much of a daily event for me.

Oscar Wilde
Good resolutions are simply checks that men draw on a bank where they have no account.

Robert Paul
I'm a little bit older, a little bit wiser, a little bit rounder, but still none the wiser.

Anonymous
A New Year's resolution is something that goes in one Year and out the other.

Leonard Bernstein
From New Year's on the outlook brightens; good humor lost in a mood of failure returns. I resolve to stop complaining.

G. K. Chesterton
The object of a New Year is not that we should have a new year. It is that we should have a new soul and a new nose; new feet, a new backbone, new ears, and new eyes. Unless a particular man made New Year resolutions, he would make no resolutions. Unless a man starts afresh about things, he will certainly do nothing effective. Unless a man starts on the strange assumption that he has never existed before, it is quite certain that he will never exist afterwards. Unless a man be born again, he shall by no means enter into the Kingdom of Heaven.
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 3:12 pm   Post subject: Overheard at a New York Eatery Reply with quote

While at Celeste for dinner last night, the owner told us about the wonderful cheeses that he brought back from Italy... yum. We were stuffed, so my friend mentioned that one of her resolutions was to watch her calorie intake and his response was this...

"I make my resolutions for the New Year and I give them up for Lent"

HA!! Some of you may not get that, but this Catholic school girl got quite the kick out of that.
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 3:23 pm   Post subject: Green Resolutions-to make life better all the way around Reply with quote

This really is #1 for me.

1. I will relinquish my title of Most Likely to Acquire Useless Crap I Don’t Wear or Need.
Admit it — your closet is full of had-to-have items that have been punished to a life of hanging unworn. Your have enough notepads, pens, books, magnets, and collectible tchotchkes to fill a mini storage unit. Yes, our purchases keep the economy going, but most of us buy far more than we need.

2. I will avenge my phantom load.
The term refers to the energy wasted by electronics and power chargers when they are plugged in but not in use. That’s right — your computer cord, cell phone charger, and time-telling DVD player are all sucking energy from the outlet even when there isn’t anything attached or being watched (hence the spooky phantom-ness). Actually cut the power to your electronics by plugging them in to a power strip and flipping the switch to off when you’re not watching or listening.

3. I will be smarter than bottled water companies and drink for free what they are trying to sell me.
Kicking the plastic water bottle habit might sound like an impossible feat if you’re as addicted as the average thirsty American. Buy an eco-chic reusable stainless steel bottle, and refill it throughout the day — for free.

4. If I can remember to TiVo “Dancing with the Stars,” I can remember to bring my own bags to the grocery store. It’s as if plastic shopping bags are required to exit a store—the disposable sacks are forced on customers even when the purchase is just a can of soda. If you start bringing your own bags now, you’ll be ahead of the curve if plastic ones become outlawed in your community.

5. I will switch to recycled paper products at home (but not if they make me chafe).
We know there are some folks out there who must have two-ply, but even you can commit to changing just one thing. If you have a Larry David-like aversion to recycled toilet paper, try the paper towels. If brown won’t match your kitchen colors, look for recycled paper towels that are whitened without chlorine or stick with washable dishcloths. By purchasing recycled paper products you’re preventing trees from being chopped down, and paper waste from ending up in landfills. In addition, less energy and water is required to produce a recycled paper product.

6. I will consider whether my meal came from the farm or the factory.
Big agriculture isn’t all bad. Everyone has a guilty culinary pleasure that comes from a big factory (see: Oreos, and Cap’n Crunch). But while you’re worrying about your own carbon footprint, remember that your food has one too. Think of how many miles your food has traveled (do you really need berries from Chile?), how many chemicals are used, and how much pollution and waste have been generated in the production of your foodstuffs. Support local agriculture by shopping for food at a farmers market. The goods will be fresh, and you might enjoy meeting some of the people who grew your dinner.

7. I will take a day off from road rage and take mass transit or car-pool one day a week.
According to the American Public Transportation Association, public transportation use saves 1.4 billion gallons of gasoline each year, and can reduce household expenses by $6,200. Plus you’ll get a day off from road rage. As a bonus, you’ll gain access to that exclusive carpool lane.

Annie Bell Muzaurieta /
For The Daily Green
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:29 pm   Post subject: Find your own Reply with quote

Just in case you need a quote..These are presented in a nice way.

http://www.greatquotesmovie.com/
Admiral (Administrator)

Member#: 11167

molossus is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View molossus's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:51 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice find. Thanks Cinder!

Avatar is from work of art by Drew Struzan
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:09 pm   Post subject: From Story People Reply with quote

Great Game
What are the rules? I said & she said, Do exactly what I want whenever I want, make no demands of me whatsoever & love me forever, no questions asked & I said, how do you win? & she said, you don't understand. I'm the only one who wins & then she laughed & clapped her hands. Isn't it a great game? she said.
.This is from a group who sends out a little item every day. Here is who they are:
We're a diverse group of people, artists, activists, healers, tinkerers. We talk, we laugh, we eat great food & drink great wine, sometimes we disagree (passionately) & sometimes we agree (equally passionately) & it's all part of the same gift of being alive together. Our wish is that other people experience this amazing world we live in as a world of imagination & possibility & healing. We believe our stories do that. (& that's not just StoryPeople stories, but all our stories...) We believe (fiercely) in the power of stories, not because they're our stories, but because it is valuable & right to protect the precious connections between people.

If you want to sign up and get one a day,free, here ya go.
http://www.storypeople.com/
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 3:12 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Quiet Prayer

As long as the sun shall rise
goes the old lovers vow.
But we are children of a scientific age
have no time for poetry.
Still, I offer a quiet prayer of thanks for the sunlight each time I see your face.
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 3:13 am   Post subject: Know Too Much! Reply with quote

Know Too Much

I have to hate you, she said.
You know too much about me to be trusted.
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:51 pm   Post subject: I am not a huge chocolate fan, but some are Reply with quote

FUNNY BOOK TITLES: THE CHOCOLATE BAR by KEN I. HAVESUM
There is a thin person inside of me screaming to get out, but I keep her sedated with chocolate.
Plump lady to the waitress: "I would like to have DEATH BY CHOCOLATE for dessert, but only enough to put me in critical condition.

I must be allergic to chocolate. Every time I eat it, I break out in fat all over.
You know your diet is in trouble when you count your blessings and chocolate is always at the top of your list.
Chocolate is my kryptonite.
Nobody knows the truffles I’ve seen.
8. Bumper sticker: If they don’t have chocolate in Heaven I ain’t going!
Let’s chocolate our blues away.
First you consume chocolate, then chocolate consumes you.

Chocolate is a natural wonder drug.
Remember, dieting is no piece of cake!
There is no chocolates Anonymous because no one wants to quit!
And Above All Think Chocolate! -"Betty Crocker"
Chocolate is cheaper than therapy and you don’t need an appointment. -Anonymous
Stress wouldn’t be so hard to take if it were chocolate covered.
-Anonymous
Chocolate is nature’s way of making up for Mondays.
-Anonymous
Biochemically, love is just like eating large amounts of chocolate.
-John Milton, The Devils Advocate
There’s more to life than chocolate, but not right now.
-Anonymous
Other things are just food. But chocolate’s chocolate.
-Writer Patrick Skene Catling
Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're going to get. -Forrest Gump

CHOCOLATE TONGUE TWISTER: A CHEEKY CHIMP CHUCKED CHEAP CHOCOLATE CHIPS IN THE CHEAP CHOCOLATE CHIP SHOP.

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 4092

mickeybumps97 is offline View user's profile Send private message mickeybumps97's Favorites are Private
Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:17 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

this quote touched me deeply:

Chris Griffin: "I am gonna turn you into poo!!"

such meaning, such depth, i think i am gonna cry.
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 7:49 pm   Post subject: She said Reply with quote

Quote of the Day

Classic Quotes by Daphne Du Maurier (1907-1989) English writer
Writers should be read, but neither seen nor heard.
---------------
Happiness is not a possession to be prized, it is a quality of thought, a state of mind.
---------------
All autobiography is self-indulgent.
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 1 of 10

Jump to: