StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Moulin Rouge

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Soundtracks
View previous topic :: View next topic 
USA Protonstream
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 19351

Protonstream is offline View user's profile Send private message Protonstream's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:52 pm   Post subject: Moulin Rouge Reply with quote

I believe musicals are allowed here! Considering it is a soundtrack. Very Happy

Does anybody know about the Moulin Rouge soundtrack? I know they released 2 incomplete soundtracks which is highly disappointing. Anybody know if they plan to release a complete soundtrack or what records company I can make a suggestion to? Maybe there is a complete soundtrack and I'm not aware of it? Any info. would be appreciated!
USA LadyInque
Captain
Captain

Member#: 10281

LadyInque is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View LadyInque's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:30 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe the two albums that were released (and I believe both are on SST) are the extent of the music to see the light of day on CD.

I'm not satisfied with them, of course, so I used my computer and DVD to rip the tracks that I wanted, and thus created my own "Cast Album."
Ensign
Ensign

Protonstream is offline View user's profile Send private message Protonstream's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:50 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Smart idea!

And of course, here's my question.
How did you do it?

What type of drive is required? Program you used? Etc....
How about the quality of the audio you got from the dvd?
Did you use a regular CD R?

As well, do you know of a company who listens to their fans? If I can't get the audio ripped from the dvd in a good quality, I wonder if any company would work towards getting a complete soundtrack like some companies do with soundtracks that went unnoticed.
USA weaponlordzero
Captain
Captain

Member#: 15677

weaponlordzero is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View weaponlordzero's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 3:22 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

When I do something like that I use the "Creative Recorder" I got with my Creative X-Fi Xtreme Gamer Edition sound card. I also have the ability with Sony Soundforge software or Protools. Remember to set the recording source in the software to "What-U-Hear" or "Wave". Que the recorder software so all you have to do is push a button to start recording. Then you go to the part/scene/song of the movie you want. Begin playing the movie a little before the part so you can go to the recorder and push the record button before the song starts. When the song is finished, simply stop the recording and you're done! If you have audio editing software, you can edit the new recording so it starts and finishes right where you want it to.

After you've done that, you can burn it to a cd-r with any burning software.
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:28 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! How convenient. I just so happen to have Creative Recorder as well. What exactly is the difference between Wave and What U Hear ? Quality or what? Do you happen to know which is better? The Help topics for the program didn't say.
USA weaponlordzero
Captain
Captain

Member#: 15677

weaponlordzero is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View weaponlordzero's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:49 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

What-U-Hear basically is everything you hear. If you hear music playing and/or your system beeps when you open a window, you will record everything. Wave records what your system produces. For example: If you were listening to a cd and playing piano in your computer, What-U-Hear will record the piano and the cd. Wave would only record the piano because the cd is not sound your computer produces on it's own. You would use Wave primarily for audio/video tracks you already have in your pc's hard drive or streaming media from the internet.

I don't think there's a noticeable difference between the quality of the two, but if you're playing a DVD, you may need to select "What-U-Hear" or pick the other source in the program. You will know when you're picking up the audio when you see the fader bars going up and down. Look in the "Source" box for DVD or Drive _: etc. If you can't find that, go with "What-U-Hear" and it should work fine.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: