StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

A new forum dedicated to different composers?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Ideas
View previous topic :: View next topic 

Should we have a separate "composer" thread?
Yes
72%
 72%  [ 8 ]
Maybe but I don't know how it would work
27%
 27%  [ 3 ]
Nope
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 11

UK mellowman
Captain
Captain

Member#: 2939

mellowman is offline View user's profile Send private message View mellowman's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 4:14 pm   Post subject: A new forum dedicated to different composers? Reply with quote

A few threads have popped up since I've been back about different composers - some examples: the Elliot Goldenthal thread, LadyInque's Ennio Morricone thread and then some older threads too like Cinder's John Barry thread and, of course, the fan clubs like TreeBob's hugely popular Joe Hisaishi's Fan Club.

My idea was that you could add a new forum in the community forum area just called "composers". Inside you could have a single thread for some/all of the major composers each of which remains a sticky (and presumably we could then have them in alphabetical order) so that people could just add information about different composers to the thread or recommendations. You could also then use LadyInque's idea of creating a "Composer Essentials" list of what SST listeners consider to be their favourite scores by individual composers. I know "major composers" might throw up a debate in itself but debate is good! Perhaps it could be opened up to a vote.

I often use the search feature to see if anyone has posted their thoughts about different composers scores and I think if they were all in a similar place it might be easier to find.

What do you guys reckon?
Yemen j2brown
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 9

j2brown is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View j2brown's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 5:01 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure you'd be able to keep them in alphabetical order, as the forum software orders the threads based on the last post time, with exceptions for Announcements and Stickies. I'm not sure what we'd be able to do for that, but otherwise it's not a bad idea if you think there would be enough content to justify it. You could also just start the "Official -insert composer here- Thread" within the existing framework.

jeff
sdg
USA evinyatar
Cadet 3
Cadet 3

Member#: 20934

evinyatar is offline View user's profile Send private message evinyatar's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 9:49 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds like a good idea. Even if they are not in alphabetical order, they will at least be grouped in one location.
Netherlands SiriusCreations VIP (subscribed member)
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

Member#: 18704

SiriusCreations is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View SiriusCreations's Favorites
Visit MySpace
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 2:10 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Voted Yes.

Nice suggestion mellowman.
Nate
Captain
Captain

aw

Member#: 8729

Nate is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Nate's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 5:56 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

At one point I was planning on putting together 'Composer Focus' posts in the Soundtrack forum for the prominent composers. I was thinking it would be a good idea to list a little info about the composer and then have several links to good resources on the composer. Never really came together cause I didn't have the time to spend on it, but maybe one of these days I will do it. I think it is a great idea cause then people can discuss all thing pertaining to that composer in the thread.
Admiral (Administrator)

Member#: 57

Morg is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View Morg's Favorites
Skype Name
PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 2:35 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, I think this would be a great idea. I don't know how we would be able to keep them in alphabetical order, but if there is a way, then JERIC will surely be able to figure it out Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Ideas All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: