StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Stars for VIPs?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic 
France masked_platypus VIP (subscribed member)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

Member#: 18358

masked_platypus is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View masked_platypus's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 8:15 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I discover the stars only today, and don't bother about them.
The only question I got is : what do non-vips think about them? Except Luther_III, the only members who are discuting about it are vips...
Lieutenant

Member#: 18923

Dragon-fly is offline View user's profile Send private message Dragon-fly's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 11:41 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

masked_platypus wrote:
I discover the stars only today, and don't bother about them.
The only question I got is : what do non-vips think about them? Except Luther_III, the only members who are discuting about it are vips...

I'm non-VIP and I saw the stars just yesterday evening.

I think that the idea is interesting, worth trying out (maybe the number of VIP members will really increase? ) and I have nothing against it. I don't mind whether it will be star or other icon that announce VIP status either. It doesn't have any negative nor labeling meaning for me too.

So if it helps SST and all the other 24seven.fm stations I'm all for this idea.
USA megadith
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 82

megadith is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website megadith's Favorites are Private
AIM Address
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 11:57 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

The stars are cool. Like someone said before, its a badge of honor. Way to go guys!
Lieutenant

Member#: 3569

jackkerouac127 is offline View user's profile Send private message View jackkerouac127's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 9:39 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

The stars reminded me that my month-to-month has expired Smile

Other than that I will never ever worry about this subject.
USA AK-Mal_Owner
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 4415

AK-Mal_Owner is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AK-Mal_Owner's Favorites are Private
MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 9:51 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought I'd care... turns out I don't.
I don't use the "Who's Online" list much, if ever, and with the size of my screen, I never see it anyways.
In the forums, it's unobtrusive, and blends in nicely.

As long as people are throwing ideas out for star replacements, what about a film reel with a musical note on it?

Now, THAT would be cool.

-tg/akm
USA thuringwethil
Captain
Captain

Member#: 7505
Location: Deep in the heart of Texas, formerly from the Heart of Dixie

thuringwethil is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View thuringwethil's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger Skype Name
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 7:23 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

alien_avatar wrote:
If it helps... *shrug*

Personally I would have prefered a colored name (but maybe then the Admins and Moderators would get lost in that) or a tiny picture saying [VIP] behind the name instead of a star.

The star makes me think of rated albums... and all we got was one!? Razz Wink

I believe we tried colored names before. It was too much.
Cadet 4

Member#: 16311

Darth_Thor is offline View user's profile Send private message Darth_Thor's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 10:02 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't been on SST a lot of late due to being very busy with work (well I have been listening at times, just not logged in) and spotted the stars this morning.

When I've read previous discussion on making VIP's stand out more, I haven't been really sold on the idea, but it seems to feel right in practice.

What makes me feel really good is seeing how many people around the place who are VIP's and hence how the community really helps to keep things running and improving things.

I must admit while I have paid money to the site, I don't feel like a VIP in the sense I'm not a key member of the community by a long stretch, but it is nice to get a little nod to recognise the fact I have made a contribution to keep a site I enjoy running.

A big problem with a lot of websites is that people don't really get recognised for the effort they put into the site, especially those who aren't official staff, but while generally I feel that bringing money into things can cause issues, SST seems to have the balance right in terms of letting people know:

-There are costs
-We would like help and we very grateful for financial help we receive and wish to recognise it
-However it is not expected of users either
USA JadedTitan VIP (subscribed member)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

Member#: 19134

JadedTitan is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View JadedTitan's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 1:43 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I did not like them at first, i thought they made people stick out too much. But now, about a week later, i like them and think they are a good idea. Guess it is like someone previously said, just got to give it time to get use to a new idea. I like the stars and am glad to do the little i can to help this place out! Smile
Rear Admiral (Ambassador)

Member#: 89

BuyerQueen is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View BuyerQueen's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 4:29 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Darth_Thor wrote:

I must admit while I have paid money to the site, I don't feel like a VIP in the sense I'm not a key member of the community by a long stretch

You should feel like a VIP!! We appreciate all of our members, paid subscribers or not, everyone has something to contribute, that's what makes this place great. The stars are just a small token of our appreciation, to let you know we recognize the financial effort made in helping keep the site up and running.

Thanks for your comments and everyone else who wrote in this thread.

BQ
Cadet 3

Member#: 15738

KenD is offline View user's profile Send private message View KenD's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 8:40 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, I think I'll add my voice to the "I don't really need it" opinions. I also agree with the "something more subtle" opinions. (...in case anyone is keeping a vote tally)

I support SST because I listen constantly and others request such great music choices that I rarely need to add my own requests.

Besides, the star won't help me "blend in" since I hope to be in the Witness Protection Program someday... Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: