StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

New Feature: Separate No Repeat Rules
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic 
USA LadyInque
Captain
Captain

Member#: 10281

LadyInque is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View LadyInque's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:15 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Istagi wrote:
But you all will do what you do... my voice means very little.

I think that may be a bit uncharitable, Istagi. You're a VIP and a regular on the forums, so of course your voice means something, and people do listen.

To the folks who are leery of the 15 day rule, I must pose the question: Is there really not enough good music to last a body two weeks instead of one?

As for the NUT thing, I figure that should be over soon enough.
USA JadedTitan VIP (subscribed member)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

Member#: 19134

JadedTitan is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View JadedTitan's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:16 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

i understand people wanting to hear their favorites more often, but being open to change and diversity is also good. I like the 15 day wait, i get annoyed when people request the same things over and over again each week, just the opposite of the two previous comments. maybe you will find new stuff you will love? who knows. Open minds Smile
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 6652

Istagi is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View Istagi's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:02 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Diversity is good. but I came here to listen to what I like to listen to. To tell you the truth the current nut push has not produced much of anything to my taste. In fact some of the nuts... Navajo Joe for instance are actually highly offensive, yet every track had to be played. I expressed how much I disliked it and its offensiveness but the response was "Have an open mind"

Maybe we need a "classic ST" station. I would like that. Take the favorites that are here and split them out.

Jaded I am not saying you can not listen to your new tracks. I have even happily participated in "random request days" they are fun. You however seem to be pretty happy to restrict what I wish to listen to...
Captain

Member#: 15677

weaponlordzero is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View weaponlordzero's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:26 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I, like Istagi, do dislike the 15 day wait but I see the merit in the decision also. I will stay neutral in this simply because my preferences do not outweigh the benefits of the station and it's huge listener base. Smile I must say that I'm happy that the station allows requests at all! As I said.... forward ho!!
Captain

Member#: 16007

alien_avatar is offline View user's profile Send private message View alien_avatar's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:28 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't really mind the 15-day wait time for older tracks, although I think it's a bit long. My personal suggestion would be 10 days. Smile

As for being subjected to offensive tracks during the NUT hunt... *shrug*. If the tracks really were that bad, one time is probably all they're going to get played.

There are popular tracks I personally dislike, and as near as I can tell disapproval from the chat has never stopped anyone from requesting whatever they wanted to.
You simply can't please everybody all the time.

Spinning off a "Golden Sounds of Cinema" station is an interesting idea, but I'd be against taking them away completely from SST.
I, too, enjoy listening to Star Wars or LOTR once in a while. Wink
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

Member#: 11167

molossus is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View molossus's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:11 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with alien_avatar here.

Avatar is from work of art by Drew Struzan
BhelPuri
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 5034

BhelPuri is offline View user's profile Send private message View BhelPuri's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:30 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the 4 day rule for new scores! There are lots of new additions in every update and some of them get fully requested very soon. The 4 day limit is an excellent idea!

I really don't have any say in the 15 day limit for older scores. I have too much of my stuff to listen to, so this limit doesn't bother me.

Istagi wrote:
In fact some of the nuts... Navajo Joe for instance are actually highly offensive, yet every track had to be played. I expressed how much I disliked it and its offensiveness but the response was "Have an open mind"

Istagi,
Could you explain what you find offensive in Navajo Jo?

Last edited by BhelPuri on Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:36 pm; edited 2 times in total
USA weaponlordzero
Captain
Captain

Member#: 15677

weaponlordzero is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View weaponlordzero's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:33 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I see we are now at a 4/10 split. This does feel a little better...
Captain

Member#: 16241

GalFin is offline View user's profile Send private message View GalFin's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:15 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

4/10: I think this is an excellent compromise! Very Happy
I was thinking of suggesting reducing the wait time for older tracks to 10 or 11 days, and then I saw that is was already 10 days. Good!

This will help keep the stream more varied, especially then the NUT hunt is over (as it will be in a few weeks), but it will not restrict requesting favourite tracks too much. So, a very good solution!
USA JadedTitan VIP (subscribed member)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

Member#: 19134

JadedTitan is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View JadedTitan's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:50 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Istagi wrote:
Jaded I am not saying you can not listen to your new tracks. I have even happily participated in "random request days" they are fun. You however seem to be pretty happy to restrict what I wish to listen to...

I would do no such thing! Gosh...did not mean it to be taken in such a way. you are free to request whatever you want whenever you want Smile
Captain

Member#: 10281

LadyInque is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View LadyInque's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:12 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought part of extending the no-repeat time was to cut down on the massive bellyaching that happens whenever Buffy is requested. It goes both ways. You can't hear your favorite tracks once a week, but I don't have to hear ones I hate as often, either.

Istagi, you make it sound, to me, like it's something being done to you personally. As Jaded says, that is not the case.
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 185

Cyberbrain is offline View user's profile Send private message Cyberbrain's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:08 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't see this thread before, but I also was unhappy with the 15 days. 10 is much more reasonable.
UK mellowman
Captain
Captain

Member#: 2939

mellowman is offline View user's profile Send private message View mellowman's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:16 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm probably not the best person to comment on this but I was looking at the soundtracks that I have on iTunes (not my whole collection currently) and there are 264 that I rate very highly (yep, I'm one of these people that rates my own music on iTunes).

If I listened 8 hours a day and I could request on avergae every 30 minutes it would still take me 16 days to hear all those tracks. That, of course, isn't including the times I want to try something new, or listen to a track from a soundtrack I havem't got or, indeed, a load of other tracks that I haven't got on iTunes at the moment.

As it happens I don't listen to the stream that often (althoughI know people are able to have it on all day) but, personally, I don't feel 15 days is too excessive. 10 is even better.
USA AK-Mal_Owner
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 4415

AK-Mal_Owner is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AK-Mal_Owner's Favorites are Private
MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:23 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

One of two things will happen. More good stuff will be found... or the bottom of the barrel will be scraped and the dregs brought up. I thought 15 days was too much, 10 feels about right. Adding or subtracting based on rating is a bad idea - it can lead to voting lock and runaway ratings. It cuts both ways, so don't cut it in the first place.

With all the nuts and rats running lose, I'm hearing alot more stuff... most of it I don't like (hint, sometimes something is unplayed for a reason - But what ever) - but then again, it means a linger break in between FZ and MR tracks... so there's a silver lining to this after all Wink

Personally I wouldn't mind seeing a "Classic SST" - pure instrumentals, no vocals, and no game STs. But that's just me.

I'd say that was my $0.02 but I need that two cents for gas.

-tg/akm
USA Ceidon
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 18050

Ceidon is offline View user's profile Send private message View Ceidon's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:38 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

AK-Mal_Owner wrote:

I'd say that was my $0.02 but I need that two cents for gas.

-tg/akm

Laughing

(oops, wrong button)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Announcements All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: