StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Michael Giacchino to compose Up!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Soundtracks
View previous topic :: View next topic 
UK mellowman
Captain
Captain

Member#: 2939

mellowman is offline View user's profile Send private message View mellowman's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:01 pm   Post subject: Michael Giacchino to compose Up! Reply with quote

As it says! He is quickly becoming the sound of Pixar movies, although I really like the look of the Wall*E score. Original article is here at Upcoming Films Scores.

While we are on the subject of Giacchino and Pixar I saw Cars AT THE CINEMA the other day! I kid you not, my first cinema trip in 7 years! It was a cheap kids day out viewing Laughing But I didn't realise that Giacchnio composedthe music for the preceding short One Man Band. Does anyone know if this music ever got an official release? I really liked it.
Austria bpewien
Captain
Captain

aw

Member#: 13275

bpewien is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View bpewien's Favorites
MSN Messenger Skype Name
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:21 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Hm, did Giacchino really write everything?
I somehow doubt it, since some of the pieces (like the solo-violin concerto at the end credits, which was btw. Pablo de Sarasate's „Aires gitanos“) in that film were based on classical works. (Like in the old Tom & Jerry, Bugs Bunny Films etc.)
I'd rather see it the way that he arranged the music, put it together and surely even tossed in some new short compositional ideas...
Anyway, he's a very good composer and has a nice touch for arrangements and a good sense of musical humour! I liked the short very much.

Regarding an official release:
It doesn't happen very often that such short tracks with an average duration of about 10-15 seconds are being released widely.
It could happen however to be pressed on something like a "best of" or "complete compilation" Album, who knows. Smile
Captain
Captain

Member#: 2939

mellowman is offline View user's profile Send private message View mellowman's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:49 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, you've got even more interested in this now, bp! I've only had a little look on the internet but I cam e across this interesting article at a website called Animation World Magazine. Now, I have no knowledge of classical music. It could come up to me with a mallet and smack me in the head and I probably wouldn't notice. But co-director Andy Jimenez says that Giacchino actually wrote four different pieces of music for the end of the piece! I'd love to know how much was original composition and how much taken from elsewhere.
Austria bpewien
Captain
Captain

aw

Member#: 13275

bpewien is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View bpewien's Favorites
MSN Messenger Skype Name
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:35 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Hm, maybe we could email him and ask... Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Soundtracks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: