StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Bandwidth Fees - Part 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic 
USA JERIC VIP (subscribed member)
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)

Member#: 1

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Skype Name
PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2002 3:02 am   Post subject: Bandwidth Fees - Part 2 Reply with quote

I am happy to anounce that we now have a capacity of 192 listeners! Negotiations with The Stream Guys (Our Bandwidth Provider) was successful. We got a great deal!

I also want to let you know that I will be working on the donation meter soon.

We are very short on donations this month. I'm even putting in $80 of my own money and we are still $60 short. The bill is due on the 20th as usual. Please donate something even if it's just a dollar!

Remeber, StreamingSoundtracks.com is still ad-free and free to everyone. If we can't get enough contributions that will have to change.

Thanks to everyone who has contributed thus far.

Please do not PM me. Use email, Feedback or Contact Us links.
GoteeBoy
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 5

GoteeBoy is offline View user's profile Send private message GoteeBoy's Favorites are Private
AIM Address
PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2002 9:11 am   Post subject: Bandwidth Fees - Part 2 Reply with quote

Keep pushing for donations on the home page too. Plenty of us watch the forum, but I'll bet others do not. Also, keep posting the "thank you notes" as that reinforces the point to those that might not normally be motivated to donate otherwise. Just my two cents, no pun intended.
USA jk2silly VIP (subscribed member)
Commander
Commander

Member#: 30

jk2silly is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View jk2silly's Favorites
Skype Name
PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2002 6:40 am   Post subject: Bandwidth Fees - Part 2 Reply with quote

I would love to be able to contribute $20 per month. I will send you what I can and as often as I can. I can't say how much or how often jeric but I will try. The meter idea or even just a daily posting of how much is needed by the 20th would be helpful. It should not just be on the home page but maybe part of the links at the top of the page. Click on the meter/update and it will take you to a page of the links for the donation sites.

Well those are my thoughts for what they are worth. When I get a job Jeric I will let you know and I will give you a big donation.

Member#: 1

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Skype Name
PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2002 9:56 am   Post subject: Bandwidth Fees - Part 2 Reply with quote

Thank you, James. You have contributed so much already.

I think what we need is more people to step up to the plate and donate just $5 every month. I see the same few people donating larger sums to pick up the slack of all the non-contributors. I figured if only 1/4 of the capacity of listeners donated just $5, that would cover the costs of bandwidth. 192/4=48 x$5 =$240

The only thing I don't like about the meter is that I am afraid that it may limit the # of donations if people see it near the goal. If the donations were to exceed costs (which they never have yet) they would be used toward next month's bill. That puts less pressure on me.

Please do not PM me. Use email, Feedback or Contact Us links.
USA Cocles
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 15

Cocles is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Cocles's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2002 10:59 pm   Post subject: Bandwidth Fees - Part 2 Reply with quote

Vell....

You could have the meter show two months worth of financing so if it were peaked out that would mean you had enough money for this month AND the next.

Or... you could have two separate meters, one for this month.. and a second one beside it for the next month. When the first one fills up, you just start filling up the next one to show that everyone's donation matters.
xiopher
Cadet 1
Cadet 1

Member#: 191

xiopher is offline View user's profile Send private message xiopher's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2002 9:26 am   Post subject: Bandwidth Fees - Part 2 Reply with quote

what you could do is break it down by day and tell what day we have it paid up untill.
that will keep the donations streaming in at a steady rate.
Congrats we are paid up till augest 23 (1 day away)
or
Congrats We are still streaming for 3 days
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: