StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Pet Peeves
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Community
View previous topic :: View next topic 
Germany alien_avatar
Captain
Captain

Member#: 16007

alien_avatar is offline View user's profile Send private message View alien_avatar's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:36 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Right at the moment I'm really upset with those of God's little creatures that keep gnawing away at my pet basil!!!

OK, so maybe it's not a big deal, that basil is less than four weeks old, but I usually got the blackest thumb imaginable. Usually I manage to kill it all by myself in about a week... and now I've managed to keep it alive FOR ONCE, and now THESE THINGS ARE EATING COIN-SIZED HOLES IN IT!!!!!

GGGGRRRRRRRR.... Mad Twisted Evil Rolling Eyes
Captain
Captain

Member#: 15677

weaponlordzero is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View weaponlordzero's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:22 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Thread crash... let's see if this helps....
Captain

weaponlordzero is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View weaponlordzero's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:23 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

um... my pet peeve is when a thread crashes and says no posts exist for this topic Wink
Commodore

aw

Member#: 9

j2brown is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View j2brown's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:14 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a known bug, weapon. Been around for quite some time. When a thread gets to multiple pages and/or has had a post removed, the post that should start a new page goes wonky until a second post for the new page is available. As you can see, you've (unintentionally?) fixed that issue.

jeff
sdg
Yemen j2brown
Commodore
Commodore

aw

j2brown is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View j2brown's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:25 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

And, to get things back on track, here's an update to one of my latest pet peeve posts:

This means get in the left lane now so when your exit appears you can wildly swerve across the maximum number of lanes.

jeff
sdg
USA weaponlordzero
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:13 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

j2brown wrote:
That's a known bug, weapon. Been around for quite some time. When a thread gets to multiple pages and/or has had a post removed, the post that should start a new page goes wonky until a second post for the new page is available. As you can see, you've (unintentionally?) fixed that issue.

jeff
sdg

It was intentional. Smile You told me how to fix it once. Smile
Commodore

aw

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:04 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

...twice...

jeff
sdg
USA LadyInque
Captain
Captain

Member#: 10281

LadyInque is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View LadyInque's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:56 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Gravedigging in this thread because, as much as I don't want to be a spelling Nazi, I am so tired of seeing the following mistake everywhere:

lose - present tense of "lost." Pronounced looz.
loose - not tight. Pronounced loos.

And it's spelled "definitely."

Next week — apostrophes. Some dos and don'ts.
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

Member#: 11167

molossus is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View molossus's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 3:23 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you LadyInque.
I've just edited one of my posts I wrote today, using one "lose" properly and one "lose" ("loose") with mistake.

I hope my Polish is better than my English Wink

Avatar is from work of art by Drew Struzan
USA LadyInque
Captain
Captain

Member#: 10281

LadyInque is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View LadyInque's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:27 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Your English is wonderful, Molossus. Obviously light years beyond my Polish. Smile

It's the native speakers in my classes that are ticking me off today.
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

molossus is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View molossus's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:36 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

LadyInque wrote:
Your English is wonderful, Molossus.

Thank you LadyInque, you are very kind.

USA Twopop VIP (subscribed member)
Rear Admiral (Ambassador)
Rear Admiral (Ambassador)

Member#: 7382

Twopop is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Twopop's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:21 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

We never have TV on during the day but with the recent election, post-election, & economic news, we have had it on a little more. Well no more - because of this pet peeve ...

The news anchor says, "Just ahead - breaking news about __. Stay tuned." You sit thru 5 minutes of commercials (usually about prescription drugs that have so many horrible side effects, no one in their right mind would take them Razz .. but I digress). They come back from commercial break, have 4-5 minutes of news but nothing about the one they announced .. and then, "When we come back, news about __ right after this break." And this cycle goes on for an hour - or longer!

When they finally do report on the story you wanted to hear, it turns out to be about 30 seconds with hardly any substance. Much ado about nothing.

*click off*
USA weaponlordzero
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:49 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Twopop wrote:
We never have TV on during the day but with the recent election, post-election, & economic news, we have had it on a little more. Well no more - because of this pet peeve ...

The news anchor says, "Just ahead - breaking news about __. Stay tuned." You sit thru 5 minutes of commercials (usually about prescription drugs that have so many horrible side effects, no one in their right mind would take them Razz .. but I digress). They come back from commercial break, have 4-5 minutes of news but nothing about the one they announced .. and then, "When we come back, news about __ right after this break." And this cycle goes on for an hour - or longer!

When they finally do report on the story you wanted to hear, it turns out to be about 30 seconds with hardly any substance. Much ado about nothing.

*click off*

yeah two, that drives me nuts too
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 8715

Arya is offline View user's profile Send private message View Arya's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:09 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for bringing this thread back LadyInque, I certainly can add to it Wink

If you're sick, in a class that posts its full notes on the internet, or in a class where you have friends who can take notes for you...don't come to class! I had some girl sit next to me last week, with her boyfriend on the other side of her, moaning about a fever and coughing away all through three hours of lecture. Clearly she knew someone in the class who could take notes for her, not that it mattered, as she spent the entire time she wasn't moaning and coughing drawing stupid doodles in her notebook and giggling with her boyfriend. Fast-forward two days, and I have a fever and a cough all my own. It's really bad around here lately, even the profs are falling ill from all the goodies their students are bringing them.
Admiral (Administrator)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:27 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Twopop wrote:

Good point, Twopop.

Another one are commercials during TV programs (especially films). Usually during every commercial break in the movie they show the same trailer of the same program again and again. Like viewers were a bunch of idiots who can't remember what they've seen half an hour ago...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Community All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 16 of 18

Jump to: