StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

How about channels?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Ideas
View previous topic :: View next topic 
mjschmidt
Cadet 1
Cadet 1

Member#: 22312

mjschmidt is offline View user's profile Send private message mjschmidt's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:22 pm   Post subject: How about channels? Reply with quote

How about soundtrack channels? That way I don't hear some crap from a completely different genre of movie pop up in the midst of stuff I like. I should think it would be an obvious addition:

Sci-fi
Horror
Action
Drama
Romance

etc.
Poland molossus VIP (subscribed member)
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

Member#: 11167

molossus is online now View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View molossus's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:54 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it was a subjest of discussion before (we had even the poll if my memory serves me right).

And so far we've got one SST stream.
IMHO it should stay this way.

Avatar is from work of art by Drew Struzan
USA LadyInque
Captain
Captain

Member#: 10281

LadyInque is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View LadyInque's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 3:32 pm   Post subject: Re: How about channels? Reply with quote

mjschmidt wrote:
That way I don't hear some crap from a completely different genre of movie pop up in the midst of stuff I like.

With respect, mjschmidt, I think this post could have been phrased better. I don't know how long you have been listening to SST, though I see you are a member very recently. I hope you will continue to contribute to the forums, and the chat. I also hope you didn't join just so you could complain about the variety in the queue. Because (and this is my gut reaction, here) I found your post a little rude. The station can't possibly make everyone happy all the time. And perhaps what you've labeled as "crap" is what someone else likes. Again, I don't know how long you've been listening, but what we've got seems to work for the most part.
Yemen j2brown
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 9

j2brown is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View j2brown's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:14 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

In addition to what LadyInque said, there's also the issue of royalty payments, etc. I believe a second channel would double the royalty payments made by the station, and a third would triple the costs, etc. It is an idea that has been discussed before in various, usually a bit more polite, ways.

jeff
sdg
USA Aur
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 241

Aur is offline View user's profile Send private message View Aur's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:52 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

If such channels existed, I think I'd stick with the regular station because I enjoy the variety that the complete playlist has.

Granted, you're not going to like every track that comes on. There's just so much music on here that it's probably not possible that all of it suits your taste. But if you listen for a while and you really like music scores, you may find that you like a lot more of the tracks than you thought.
Netherlands Dutchbat
Captain
Captain

Member#: 22196

Dutchbat is offline View user's profile Send private message View Dutchbat's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 4:08 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree on the last post, I think no one likes all that is listed in the queue but we all do like soundtracks in general. Even within one cd I find sometimes a track that can't carry me away. Do you Herr Schmidt?

take a look at my collection: My album list
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Ideas All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: