StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$137.58

6 Donations:
$362.42

StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-23) janbenes $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

DVD players

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Entertainment
View previous topic :: View next topic 
USA Twopop VIP (subscribed member)
Rear Admiral (Ambassador)
Rear Admiral (Ambassador)

Member#: 7382

Twopop is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Twopop's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 4:37 pm   Post subject: DVD players Reply with quote

Do you live in the US but want to be able to watch DVD’s from other regions?
I posted this in the SSTers in New York City for Morricone Concert - Feb. 3, 2007 thread but thought it might get lost there over time.

Hopefully this information will be helpful to SSTers who want to watch the original films of some of the gorgeous soundtracks we have here on SST.

Nexxtech DVD Player (DP3222) – Code-free / Region-free DVD Player

This is the greatest little DVD player. I love it!! And it cost only $29.

You can watch any DVD in either format (NTSC or PAL) from any region. For example: I have an Ennio Morricone concert DVD that is in PAL, but Region 0. But I also am able to watch the DVD of "72 Metra" (Morricone score btw) that is Region 5, and the DVD was purchased in Russia.

Once the player is set up, you never have to touch another button even when switching back-and-forth between formats. The manual that came with the player has virtually no information. In fact, I'm not sure it even came with a manual - lol. But there is a simple hack code to make it Region free. Piece of cake.

btw - I bought mine at Bi-Mart. Sam's Club might carry them still. Amazon & Buy.com used to have them. I'm sure there is a similar new model out there somewhere.
USA weaponlordzero
Captain
Captain

Member#: 15677

weaponlordzero is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View weaponlordzero's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 10:26 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

That's neat! Of course, I prefer watching dvds on my PC. But it's nice to know you can get around that silly region thing...
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 5692

Albi is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View Albi's Favorites
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 7:34 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

weaponlordzero wrote:
That's neat! Of course, I prefer watching dvds on my PC. But it's nice to know you can get around that silly region thing...

WLZ, there are also ways to get around that silly region thing on your PC. There are websites on the internet where you can find so called 'firmware' (i.e. the software inside your dvd player) that is region-free. If you update your PC DVD player with this firmware it will play DVDs from all regions. It has to be region-free firmware for your particular brand and model of DVD player though and it's usually not supported by the manufacturer.

There is also another region check in Windows but there are also tools to disable that or to reset the counter that keeps track of how many times you change the region (usually limited to 5 times).
USA weaponlordzero
Captain
Captain

Member#: 15677

weaponlordzero is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View weaponlordzero's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:12 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Albi Smile I already get past the region thing on the PC Very Happy I just meant it was nice to have a stand alone DVD player that can get past the regions for your television.

I do appreciate your being so helpful though Smile Smile Smile
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: