StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

How often are you signed in to SST?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Community
View previous topic :: View next topic 

How often are you signed in to SST?
24/7/365, even when I'm not at the computer
20%
 20%  [ 9 ]
Usually signed in, except for vacations and stuff
36%
 36%  [ 16 ]
While I'm at work, but not at home
18%
 18%  [ 8 ]
Once or twice a week, maybe
18%
 18%  [ 8 ]
I'm not on trial here!
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Never. I'm not even here now.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Something else
6%
 6%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 44

USA LadyInque
Captain
Captain

Member#: 10281

LadyInque is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View LadyInque's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:40 pm   Post subject: How often are you signed in to SST? Reply with quote

I'm making a little poll because I'm curious about how other people handle being signed in or not.

I used to sign in every morning and out in the evening, but then I thought that was a pain, so now I'm usually signed on, though that's only to make checking for forum updates easier. (BTW - isn't it annoying when the last new message was almost twelve hours ago, and it was yours? Like killing the chat, writ larger.)

Anyway, I just would like to hear what people say.
Germany alien_avatar
Captain
Captain

Member#: 16007

alien_avatar is offline View user's profile Send private message View alien_avatar's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 3:02 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Originally I used to log in in the morning and log out in the evening. Then I too thought that was a pain and simply stayed logged on whether I'm around or not.
But occasionally I get thrown out... Crying or Very sad Wink
Commander
Commander

Member#: 10621

Luther_III is offline View user's profile Send private message View Luther_III's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:49 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I voted in the poll before reading your post, and I may have misinterpreted the question at first. Embarassed

I answered the question in terms of when I am listening, which is mainly at work, only occasionally at home.

As far as being signed on, I don't think I ever consciously sign off. Does that mean I'm still technically signed on even when my browser is closed and my computer off?

If so, then I guess I'm always signed on. Probably at EFM and AFM too!...

Mr. Green
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

Member#: 18704

SiriusCreations is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View SiriusCreations's Favorites
Visit MySpace
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:13 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Well in time your name will be off the online list (I do not know how long the name will be on the list after you closed the browser. But not directly. I am too lazy to sign me off and sign on again when I come back Smile

So your name is not in the online list of EFM right now.

voted for 24/7/365, even when I'm not at the computer
USA Twopop VIP (subscribed member)
Rear Admiral (Ambassador)
Rear Admiral (Ambassador)

Member#: 7382

Twopop is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Twopop's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:39 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a really interesting topic, Lady! I'm very curious to see what the poll shows and especially interested to see what ppl have to say. I hope lots of folks will respond.

Wish we could get a lot of ppl from chat (who don't often check the forums) to post to this thread. Smile
USA weaponlordzero
Captain
Captain

Member#: 15677

weaponlordzero is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View weaponlordzero's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:08 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I never "sign off" but I assume when I close the browser, I don't show up in the "online" box. I listen all day at work (when I'm in front of my pc) and at home I listen sometimes and check the forums when I check my email Wink

I picked option 2 Smile
Captain

Member#: 211

Obi-son is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View Obi-son's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:10 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I live here in the back apartment that is over the SST "Bar & grill". Better to keep you all from messing the bar up too much. Wink
Captain

Member#: 2939

mellowman is offline View user's profile Send private message View mellowman's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 1:45 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I tend to sign in and check the forums on a nightly basis but I don't often get a chance to listen to the stream. Unless I have it on while I'm setting up my class at school then it would be early in the morning. Over the Summer holidays I have hardly had time to come on at all when I was expecting to be on even more!
USA Genpoint
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 16253

Genpoint is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View Genpoint's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:41 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Not enough!

I'm listening when I can close out everyone else at work - somedays it is only an hour, somedays almost all day, somedays I don't get to listen at all.

At home I only get to listen late when the kids are asleep I am working on something on the computer.

And every so often I visit my own pile of CDs, just to justify purchasing them. Smile
USA jackkerouac127
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 3569

jackkerouac127 is offline View user's profile Send private message View jackkerouac127's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:08 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm practically never signed in, as the only time you'll really ever see me is at night (props to the night crew!). My district blocked the website years ago, plus my job keeps me away from the 'puter. Listening, however, is different. I turn this on whenever I'm at home and play it through the stereo. Entranced.FM has been stealing some of SST's time though.....
USA weaponlordzero
Captain
Captain

weaponlordzero is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View weaponlordzero's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:34 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Your district blocked the web site? How is that? Very interesting...
Lieutenant

Member#: 3569

jackkerouac127 is offline View user's profile Send private message View jackkerouac127's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:09 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

The school district's firewall blocked the website and the stream a couple months after the IT guys noticed I was going to it. IT guys must have caught wind of Lieserl in chat......
USA Genpoint
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 16253

Genpoint is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View Genpoint's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:21 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, I was blocked out for about a week. My employer has all kinds of software and people on it. But I think they went too broad and locked out all streaming media sites, some of which the company now uses to promote itself.

So, SST came back!! Very Happy

It might go away again, but I will enjoy it while I can.

They get periods of zealousness here. Rolling Eyes They locked out my father's website at one point - I was probably the only one going to it as it was my browser's home page. Now we can't change our home pages, or our backgrounds, or our screen savers, or almost anything on our hard drives...
USA weaponlordzero
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:37 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Genpoint wrote:
Yea, I was blocked out for about a week. My employer has all kinds of software and people on it. But I think they went too broad and locked out all streaming media sites, some of which the company now uses to promote itself.

So, SST came back!! Very Happy

It might go away again, but I will enjoy it while I can.

They get periods of zealousness here. Rolling Eyes They locked out my father's website at one point - I was probably the only one going to it as it was my browser's home page. Now we can't change our home pages, or our backgrounds, or our screen savers, or almost anything on our hard drives...

Wow. I don't envy you guys! Shocked Rolling Eyes
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 196

Furyen is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Furyen's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:21 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

For the past year and a half, I've only been signing on twice every month. But the SST is always playing on my WMP.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Community All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: